Bears trade coming

Ed Hochuli 3:16

I looked up the tweet. It's kinda vague and doesn't necessarily mean anything is pending.

peggy kusinski ‏@peggykusinski

#Bears GM Emery hard at work, trading for DT Brian Price Thursday, and he's not done dealing yet... Stay tuned

But that couldn't have been what she was talking about since Otah was already traded to the Jets for a 7th rounder. After that deal was made, we gave our 7th rounder for Brian Price.

The deal to the Jets may not go through since Otah can't pass his physical. So would we give up our 6th round for him? What are we offering?

Something else to consider is that it's tough to see us giving up any more draft picks lightly. We are down to 5 picks after giving up our 3rd for Marshall and our 7th for Price. Don't get me wrong, bother were great deals. But considering we are supposedly a draft driven team . . . .

I wonder if it is Hester. He's been talked up a lot by coaches and players.

I'd be shocked if this happens. Not only is Hester the best return man to ever play the game, but he is clearly our 3rd best WR. He could be huge this year as the #3 option instead of the #1.

On a side note, I went to camp Friday and Alshon Jeffrey reminds me of Justin Gage his rookie year. Big, slow, and uncertain of himself. He has a long way to go if he is going to contribute this year.

But that couldn't have been what she was talking about since Otah was already traded to the Jets for a 7th rounder. After that deal was made, we gave our 7th rounder for Brian Price.

The deal to the Jets may not go through since Otah can't pass his physical. So would we give up our 6th round for him? What are we offering?

Something else to consider is that it's tough to see us giving up any more draft picks lightly. We are down to 5 picks after giving up our 3rd for Marshall and our 7th for Price. Don't get me wrong, bother were great deals. But considering we are supposedly a draft driven team . . . .

Why would Chicago now give up a 6th for Jeff Otah? He's never been healthy and was just acquired for a 7th round pick. Now, he can't even pass a physical in New York. Why should the Bears give up a 6th round pick for a load of crap?

I get your last paragraph. I think they should hold onto the rest of their picks. Having a 1st, 2nd, 4th, 5th, and 6th next year should be good enough. I could also see the Bears trading down next year, similar to what Angelo used to do, to get a 1st and an additional 2nd to make up for the lost 3rd in the Marshall deal.

I wonder if it is Hester. He's been talked up a lot by coaches and players.

With 11 days before the Broncos game? Highly doubtful.

Why would Chicago now give up a 6th for Jeff Otah? He's never been healthy and was just acquired for a 7th round pick. Now, he can't even pass a physical in New York. Why should the Bears give up a 6th round pick for a load of crap?

I get your last paragraph. I think they should hold onto the rest of their picks. Having a 1st, 2nd, 4th, 5th, and 6th next year should be good enough. I could also see the Bears trading down next year, similar to what Angelo used to do, to get a 1st and an additional 2nd to make up for the lost 3rd in the Marshall deal.

I completely disagree with you on the trade down scenario. Since the Bears are going to win the Super Bowl this year, there is no way they can trade the last pick in the draft for a 1st and a 2nd. I could see it for a 2nd and 3rd or 2nd and 4th.

I will say that we shouldn't keep trades out of the question. Our defense is old and our offense is primed to excel. We have a shot to win it and if a player comes available that will put us over the top we should do it.

That being said, no impact player will be available this time of year. I applauded JA for trading for Gaines Adams for a #2. We had a damn good record at the time and our pass rush needed a boost. Awful trade. The only good thing that came from it was we were motivated to sign Peppers.

I also loved it when we signed Brandon Merriweather . . . awful.

We do have depth at certain spots. IMO TE Kyle Adams, WR Dane Sanzebacher, and DE Corey Wootton are all expendable and have value. If James Brown shows promise, we may have an extra OG That's likely the type of trade we are looking to make. Someone we will likely cut who will give us a draft pick for next year.

I will say that we shouldn't keep trades out of the question. Our defense is old and our offense is primed to excel. We have a shot to win it and if a player comes available that will put us over the top we should do it.

That being said, no impact player will be available this time of year. I applauded JA for trading for Gaines Adams for a #2. We had a damn good record at the time and our pass rush needed a boost. Awful trade. The only good thing that came from it was we were motivated to sign Peppers.

I also loved it when we signed Brandon Merriweather . . . awful.

We do have depth at certain spots. IMO TE Kyle Adams, WR Dane Sanzebacher, and DE Corey Wootton are all expendable and have value. If James Brown shows promise, we may have an extra OG That's likely the type of trade we are looking to make. Someone we will likely cut who will give us a draft pick for next year.

If we trade if will be in one of the lines, getting not getting rid of . There all in this year and the activity reflects that.