Bears sign another

Wesson44

http://www.chicagotribune.com/sports/footb...rs&lpos=Sub[/url] Bears boost CB depth with free agent Ware The Chicago Bears added a ninth cornerback to the roster Saturday when they signed Jeremy Ware, a free agent who was a seventh-round pick with the Raiders.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/category/rumor-mill/[/url]

Bears pursued Otah before trade to Jets The Jets weren’t the only NFL team in pursuit of oft-injured, underachieving offensive tackle Jeff Otah before his Monday trade to New York. A league source told Brad Biggs of the Chicago Tribunethat the Bears had “talks with the Panthers” about acquiring the fifth-year tackle. Otah wound up costing the Jets only a conditional seventh-round pick. It’s possible the Panthers chose shipping Otah to the Jets over the Bears because they preferred getting him out of the conference. The Bears’ interest in Otah hints at a couple of things. Chicago is interested in upgrading its offensive line. It also sounds like a potential landing spot should Otah (knee, back) continue to fail his Jets physicals. The trade can be reversed if Otah isn’t medically cleared by this Monday. So if Otah doesn’t wind up sticking with the Jets, his next home could be the Windy City.

Otah hasn't played much in the last 3 seasons and still can't pass a physical. I know we need Oline help but I don't see how he helps us this season. Or do we sign him to a contract, pass a physical and then put him on IR with intentions of letting him rehab for a year and then compete for a job next season.

Otah hasn't played much in the last 3 seasons and still can't pass a physical. I know we need Oline help but I don't see how he helps us this season. Or do we sign him to a contract, pass a physical and then put him on IR with intentions of letting him rehab for a year and then compete for a job next season.

Looking at this again I'm just wondering why were we thinking about signing Otah? Is it because we have no faith in the two players fighting it out for the LT position or we lost faith in either one of them and the loser will be cut if we signed Otah? Or is Otah going to play behind Carimi at RT? I know we still think the line has work to be done, but I really dont think signing an injury prone Otah is better than Webb/Williams at this point.