Bears Almost Top 10

CrackerDog

Here is how each of them voted, Ira can go suck it, 18 my ass. Otherwise, the others are all within reason.

Rich Gannon (CBS Sports/SiriusXM NFL Radio, 8): Protect Cutler and Bears are back in the playoffs.

Clark Judge (CBSSports.com, 8): Offseason moves make Bears legit playoff candidates again.

Dan Pompei (Chicago Tribune, 9): Bears won only eight games in 2011, but are much better team heading into this season than at end of last year.

Chris Berman (ESPN, 11): Bears were rolling until offensive injuries.

Cris Collinsworth (NBC Sports, 11): Before Jay Cutler’s injury, Bears were dangerous; now add Brandon Marshall.

John Lynch (Fox Sports, 11): Bears have stayed course with Lovie Smith and will reap rewards in 2012. Brandon Marshall is a BEAST if he keeps himself out of trouble and adds explosion to already potent offense. Healthy Jay Cutler is a must.

Pat Kirwan (SiriusXM NFL Radio/CBSSports.com, 11): Offense will be sound and present classic conflict of defending Forte in run game or Cutler/Marshall pass game.

Clifton Brown (Sporting News, 11): Bears will have better luck with injuries, and Brandon Marshall makes passing attack more explosive.

Bob Glauber (Newsday, 12): New coordinator Mike Tice adds his meat-and-potatoes style to offense that lost its way with Mike Martz’s go-for-broke style that left Jay Cutler bruised and battered.

Rick Gosselin (Dallas Morning News, 13): Bears have reunited dynamic passing combo of Jay Cutler and WR Brandon Marshall.

Alex Marvez (Foxsports.com, 16): Quarterback Jay Cutler should take less beating in new offensive coordinator Mike Tice’s system. But just like last season, Bears project to being third-best team in NFC North.

Ira Kaufman (Tampa Tribune, 18): Healthy Jay Cutler is key to NFC wild-card run.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/sports/redsk...LrMX_story.html

These guys (Marvez and Kaufman) must not have watched a single game before Cutler and Forte went down. How in the world they got their jobs as sports analysts is beyond me. Dumbasses.

Third best offense possibly in the North, possibly, but no way third best team. The defense and special teams are light years beyond GB and Detroit. The Bears are arguably the best team in the division if not for Green Bay's recent success and unanswered questions on offense.

Third best offense possibly in the North, possibly, but no way third best team. The defense and special teams are light years beyond GB and Detroit. The Bears are arguably the best team in the division if not for Green Bay's recent success and unanswered questions on offense.

Arguably sure. However, the Lions and Packers both had great records last year. I can see the Bears being the best team in the division, but I can also see them being the 3rd best team in the division. The difference between the teams is minimal and in football there is a very small difference between winning and losing. The Bears oline is stil unrpoven and to be frank, so is its offense. No one knows how it will perform under Tice. They also have an aging defense.

I'm very excited about this team, but there are question marks and the other 2 teams in the division (who finished #1/#2) both have prolific offenses (and I hate saying it, but you can't argue the stats and points the Lions offense put up) and as a whole good teams. I still think the Packers have the best team in football.

Arguably sure. However, the Lions and Packers both had great records last year. I can see the Bears being the best team in the division, but I can also see them being the 3rd best team in the division. The difference between the teams is minimal and in football there is a very small difference between winning and losing. The Bears oline is stil unrpoven and to be frank, so is its offense. No one knows how it will perform under Tice. They also have an aging defense.

I'm very excited about this team, but there are question marks and the other 2 teams in the division (who finished #1/#2) both have prolific offenses (and I hate saying it, but you can't argue the stats and points the Lions offense put up) and as a whole good teams. I still think the Packers have the best team in football.

I totally respect what the lions have done. I think the Packers have one of the best QBs in the NFL, yet don't have the best team.

Their offenses are prolific, and I don't expect Cutler to touch their numbers this year. The Bears defense, while old, have not started to show the signs of it. As much as I hate the Lovie 2, they are one of the most talented and best defenses in the NFL. Neither team has a running back in Forte's league. Also the special teams of the Bears has been one of the most dominate of every aspect.

I just can't see them being considered the #3 team in the division coming into this year, especially considering how devastated this team was by injuries not counting just Cutler and Forte.

I totally respect what the lions have done. I think the Packers have one of the best QBs in the NFL, yet don't have the best team.

Their offenses are prolific, and I don't expect Cutler to touch their numbers this year. The Bears defense, while old, have not started to show the signs of it. As much as I hate the Lovie 2, they are one of the most talented and best defenses in the NFL. Neither team has a running back in Forte's league. Also the special teams of the Bears has been one of the most dominate of every aspect.

I just can't see them being considered the #3 team in the division coming into this year, especially considering how devastated this team was by injuries not counting just Cutler and Forte.

The rule for prognosticators is to assume stasis. Everything stays the same until proven otherwise.

Of course, if NFL commentators were judged on their predictions, they'd all be out of a job.