Devin Thomas to retire?

Bears4Ever_34

So with Thomas retiring from the Bears that gives the below list of players a chance to make the team. Who do you think will make it?

I think the one in bold have the best chance

Anderson, Joseph 6-1 196

Crump, Terriun 6-2 223

Golden, Brittan 5-11 186

Sanzenbacher, Dane 5-11 195

Summers, Chris 6-5 213

Weems, Eric 5-9 195

Weems signed a 3 year contract, he'll make the team for sure because of his special teams prowess. That leaves you with Marshall, Jeffery, Bennett, Hester, Weems, Knox (likely out for the season). One more guy out of the list of remaining guys will make the team. I'd say its whoever has the better preaseason, but Sanzenbacher has the edge because he was on the team last year. It's also possible that they only keep 5 receivers and make room to keep Blanchard as the 3rd QB and sign a few of the other guys to the practice squad.

Listening to ESPN Radio 1000, Brittan Golden is getting hyped up quite a bit. The thought is that most years he'd be a lock to make the team. They speculated he would have a mysterious injury forcing him to go on injured reserve. (if he's a player on IR, isn't he guaranteed to make the rookie minimum?)

I went to training camp today (2nd time) and Sanzenbacher was running with the #1's quite a bit. Cutler targeted him again and again. At least for today, I'd guess that Cutler targeted Dane more than Mashall. Things change in this league very quickly, but I'll be surprised if Sanzenbacher doesn't make it.

So with Thomas retiring from the Bears that gives the below list of players a chance to make the team. Who do you think will make it?

I think the one in bold have the best chance

Anderson, Joseph 6-1 196

Crump, Terriun 6-2 223

Golden, Brittan 5-11 186

Sanzenbacher, Dane 5-11 195

Summers, Chris 6-5 213

Weems, Eric 5-9 195

????????? Here you go again....... :blink:

I'm just saying that he was taller than two or three other WRs who will make the roster, and, yet, he was not in line for anything close to a starting gig. Which means his height wasn't an advantage over some shorter WRs. Therefore, he retired early.

Oh, I mean, his medical problems made him retire. <_>

Weems signed a 3 year contract, he'll make the team for sure because of his special teams prowess. That leaves you with Marshall, Jeffery, Bennett, Hester, Weems, Knox (likely out for the season). One more guy out of the list of remaining guys will make the team. I'd say its whoever has the better preaseason, but Sanzenbacher has the edge because he was on the team last year. It's also possible that they only keep 5 receivers and make room to keep Blanchard as the 3rd QB and sign a few of the other guys to the practice squad.

Why would they keep another QB? Cutler, Campbell, McGown. and keep Blanchard? that doesnt make any sense.