Rashied Davis Signed to 1 year deal

xvflutop

Davis is an outstanding special teams player. Say goodbye to Sanz.

Peace :dabears

I disagree for a few reasons. Sanz is a better receiver right now then Weems or Jeffrey and has a better rapport with Cutler. When I first heard the news about Devin Thomas, I wondered if he quit knowing he wasn't going to make the team

We let Rashied Davis go last year in favor of Sam Hurd. We already have already added Eric Weems and Blake Costonzo. Sanzenbacher is cheaper and has more potential. If we cut Sanz, another team will snatch him up in a heardbeat. If we cut Rashied, he'll be hanging out with Dez Clark.

Speaking of Dez, last year at this time we signed him only to dump him a month later. This deal reminds me of that one.

Don't get me wrong, I like Rashied. In 2006 I had to apologize to Crackerdog many times for writing him off.

I disagree for a few reasons. Sanz is a better receiver right now then Weems or Jeffrey and has a better rapport with Cutler. When I first heard the news about Devin Thomas, I wondered if he quit knowing he wasn't going to make the team

We let Rashied Davis go last year in favor of Sam Hurd. We already have already added Eric Weems and Blake Costonzo. Sanzenbacher is cheaper and has more potential. If we cut Sanz, another team will snatch him up in a heardbeat. If we cut Rashied, he'll be hanging out with Dez Clark.

Speaking of Dez, last year at this time we signed him only to dump him a month later. This deal reminds me of that one.

Don't get me wrong, I like Rashied. In 2006 I had to apologize to Crackerdog many times for writing him off.

So let me get this right.....you think Sanzenbacher is a better WR than Jeffrey? So thats why Jeffrey was a 2nd RD draft pick and Sanzenbacher was not drafted at all. Sanzenbacher is average at best and did you not see him DROP alot of passes last year.Even though he went in the 2nd RD it was said that Jeffrey had the best habds in the draft.

Sanz is no higher than 5th receiver on this team and the 5th receiver has to be able to play special teams which he cannot. It will come down to who can contribute on special teams and that is Davis. Sanz will go sit on another team's bench for the year.

This will be interesting, because in terms of receiving duties, Marshall replaced Williams and Jeffery replaced Knox. You could say Weems replaced Hurd, leaving Hester, Bennett, and Sanz as the last 3 on the roster. Now if they want someone else on coverage units instead of Weems who would be the primary returner, then Davis has the upper hand. However, that is only if Weems won't be on coverage units. This will be something to watch. Sanz is the better WR, but Davis is a decent WR who plays good ST. With our upgrades at WR, Sanz seems to be the odd man out.

So let me get this right.....you think Sanzenbacher is a better WR than Jeffrey? So thats why Jeffrey was a 2nd RD draft pick and Sanzenbacher was not drafted at all. Sanzenbacher is average at best and did you not see him DROP alot of passes last year.Even though he went in the 2nd RD it was said that Jeffrey had the best habds in the draft.

I've never been a big Sanzenbacher fan, but based on watching two training camp practices, right now, Sanz is one helluva a lot better then Jeffrey. Jeffrey's hands don't look good when pressured by NFL cornerbacks and he can't get off the line of scrimmage. Jeffrey looks somewhat clumsy.

Sanz is just a very slick route runner the way that Earl Bennett is and does have elusive speed. Not to mention he has a good rapport with Cutler.

I don't mean to knock Jeffrey, he can be great. Hopefully by week #1. But right now he's struggling as a rookie.

Sanz is no higher than 5th receiver on this team and the 5th receiver has to be able to play special teams which he cannot. It will come down to who can contribute on special teams and that is Davis. Sanz will go sit on another team's bench for the year.

Sanz would be the 6th WR since Marshall, Hester, Bennett, Jeffrey, and Weems are already a lock. Although right now he's probably a better WR then Weems or Jeffrey. In 2007 we kept Mike Hass as a 6th WR, and he was deactivated until like week 17. He wasn't a special teams player either.