Replacement refs

Ed Hochuli 3:16

They've been horrible so far.

- In the ATL/BAL game, the refs called Atlanta "Arizona" at least 4 times.

- In the Bears game, I counted 4 missed holding calls FOR EACH TEAM.

- In the GB/SD game, Nick Perry had a sack and got a 15 yard penalty for NOTHING afterwards.

- In the BUF/WSH game, they called a punt that was downed at the 4 a touchback.

:banghead

1. Didn't see it. Stupid mistake that has no bearing on the game.

2. Holding fouls are "eye of the beholder," and we've been complaining about Peppers being held since he got here. Probably not much of a change.

3. I saw that, and I think the ref made a decent call. After the sack Nick Perry stepped over the QB and flexed his muscles. That could easily be construed as taunting. The players know when they are doing stuff like that.

4. I don't know what the hell the Back Judge was doing in the Buffalo v. Washington game, but he was in the wrong position, AND made the wrong call. Hell, he even dropped his beanbag to signify the end of the kick! Bonehead.

I'm far from in the corner of the replacement officials, but I don't think the issues you're bringing up are the really bad ones (aside from #4). I saw several instances where the deep 3 officials (SJ, FJ, BJ) were out of position and made incorrect rulings. That's the worst part because eventually it will lead to a big problem. Last night I saw a TD that was called out at the 1 incorrectly, 2 BJs almost get runover on long passes, and another guy get a spot incorrectly.

The real NFL officials need to be paid the extra couple-hundred they're asking for (which is no more than a couple hundred more per game).