Redskins @ Bears, 8/18/12, Preseason game 2

balta1701-A

Nice start to the second half good return by Booker.

All in all this is now the backups but I was pleased with that first half. As ugly as last week was offensively this offense looked sharp for the most part. Close to 300 total yards on offense in the first half and 20 first half points. That is exciting. We finally have a dangerous group of WR's who do you guard, double Marshall you have Jeffery to contend with, and if it's not Jeffery, it's Hester or Bennet. I really hope Summers sticks I really like him. Same big body very good hands.

It's both funny and sad that it took us this long to realize the benefit of big body receivers. I love how Marshall and Marshall Jr. use their bodies to shield the ball. This is why a big body WR is huge, DBs won't be able to play through them to get to the ball like they have our small WR's in the past. What a huge addition by bringing in Marshall and moving up to pick Jeffery who is big and has similar skill set. I also love watching our receivers running off the DB run them hard stop and create space.

It is nice to have an offense that takes advantage of strengths and minimizes it's weaknesses. No more 7 step drops, no more inability to check out of a disastrous play. Like the one where Cambell checks to a quick throw to weems recognizing the blitz and being able to do something about it. This was awful last few years under Marzt Cutler could know the play was doomed but had to run it anyway. I'm sure defenses loved it when they knew they had them and didn't have to worry about the offense checking out of it. Along with that it was predictable. We knew what plays were coming.

I'm getting excited for the season to start!!!

LOL, these officials don't know the rules. Can't be PI when receiver is OUT OF BOUNDS!

Just saw the play in question...the announcers were wrong. And ill-informed to be quite honest. That was a legit DPI because Tillman cut off the WRs route.

DPI is typically categorized as one of the following:

1) Arm bar

2) Playing through the back

3) Early contact

4) Arm restriction

5) Cutoff

6) Hook & Turn

At the higher levels the DBs know these categories so they are coached to look back at the pass and "feel" for the WR, slow down in front of him, or "accidentally" run diagonally into the WR. The lattermost category is what Peanut was doing, and he knew it.