WWJAD?...

Mongo3451

I was thinking the other day, "what would JA have done differently"?

Trade 2 3rds for Marshall? Who wouldn't?

Sign Bush? Yes

Sign Campbell? No

Sign veteran special teamers? That's in his wheelhouse.

Draft McClellin? Maybe

Trade up for Jeffery? Probably not

Draft Hardin? Again his M.O.

Draft Gonzalez? Probably not

Draft 2 DB's with potential in the late rounds? No. He would have been slobbering over the measurables of the next Webb.

Although they are not far off on methodology. Emery killed him with the Jeffery trade and Campbell signing. I'm just hoping the lack of OL attention will not come back to haunt. Again.

I doubt JA makes that trade for Marshall. Cutler was asking for better WR's in 2009 and 2010. What did JA do? Nothing. However, in Emery's first year, he finally got Cutler what he wanted. If Angelo didn't learn the first 2 years, I doubt he learns in his 3rd. It's easy now for him to say "I was going to get a WR this offseason" now that he's gone.

At the end of the day, nobody could say for sure. So why speculate? The only thing that's clear is he didn't go into this looking to shaft Lovie. If this team fails to make the playoffs, even with injuries, it'll be Smith's last year as coach. And no, that isn't my hope. I hope they go undefeated in the post season.

I doubt JA makes that trade for Marshall. Cutler was asking for better WR's in 2009 and 2010. What did JA do? Nothing. However, in Emery's first year, he finally got Cutler what he wanted. If Angelo didn't learn the first 2 years, I doubt he learns in his 3rd. It's easy now for him to say "I was going to get a WR this offseason" now that he's gone.

Yeah, I think a big part of the reason why Marshall wound up traded to the Bears (rather than, perhaps, cut) was that Emery stepped up and made it happen. If he was a free agent, I have my doubts about the Bears spending the money on him.

Yeah, I think a big part of the reason why Marshall wound up traded to the Bears (rather than, perhaps, cut) was that Emery stepped up and made it happen. If he was a free agent, I have my doubts about the Bears spending the money on him.
JA is gone so lets not live in the past. We wont know how good Emery is for a couple of years, but looks good going forward.

Guest TerraTor
JA is gone so lets not live in the past. We wont know how good Emery is for a couple of years, but looks good going forward.

proves to me Lovie makes majority of picks. ...see Hardin

proves to me Lovie makes majority of picks. ...see Hardin

I think you're probably right, but we have to wait at least one more draft to know for sure. If "Emery" makes the picks this year, and it smells like the same draft from previous years, then we'll know it's really Lovie pulling the strings.

I think you're probably right, but we have to wait at least one more draft to know for sure. If "Emery" makes the picks this year, and it smells like the same draft from previous years, then we'll know it's really Lovie pulling the strings.

(P.s. I won't be mad if it turns out Lovie is pulling the strings on the Bears drafts...because I think Lovie's job is on the line this year, so if he's still doing the drafts next spring, that means the Bears had a great season).