Kahlil Bell refuses pay cut,

Wesson44

He also looked like crud in the preseason game I watched so far...

With Bush in hand, we no longer need Bell. Time to let one of the other guys get a chance.

Good luck Mr. Bell.

Interesting. It's unusual to pay one of your own then ask them to take a pay cut in the same season. I get it because he was getting pushed for the 3rd spot by lesser paid guys.

I wonder if McCown has accepted his pay cut yet?

Interesting, so it looks like he would've made the team if he took a pay cut, but since he wouldn't, the Bears will go with Allen or Booker for the lower price.

I think with all the fumbles Bell has had and the 105 return Booker made...the Bears really didnt have a pressing need to keep Bell since he turned down a chance to stay with the team. Telling the boss to release me is playing with fire....since you are the third string RB and not and all-pro like MJ drew from the Jags,

Don't know what they offered him but I'm thinking he should have accepted and stayed. The only film other teams have of him is when he fumbles so he won't be a hot commodity as a FA. On top of that, what does he think his market value is to another team at this point of the season? Is it really more than what the Bears were offering?

Don't know what they offered him but I'm thinking he should have accepted and stayed. The only film other teams have of him is when he fumbles so he won't be a hot commodity as a FA. On top of that, what does he think his market value is to another team at this point of the season? Is it really more than what the Bears were offering?

They offered 700k compared to his 1.2 mil contract. They were cutting over 500k, he declined.

I know money means something to Bell, but at this point I think he personally wants to go somewhere where he has a shot at a #2. He knew he'd have no shot here in Chicago with Forte and Bush signed to big long term contracts.

This.

I'm not that high on Bell, but I'm not that low on him, either.

My guess is Bell's agent tested the waters a bit and knows someone will give him closer to #2 money.

Well wait let me think....700k or nothing, hmmmmmm Ill take nothing thank you. Not bright from a fumbler.

I am sure a team with injuries will pick him up. They were bringing him down to the league minimum for a player with 4-6 years. Also, over $1 million for a 3rd string RB is a lot for a guy who has only 20 games and 500 rushing yards under his belt in 4 years. His most notable achievements were there 100 yard game vs GB last year and his 72 yard run vs Philly in 2009.

If he does sign for the league minimum somewhere else, then that will be funny.