Brandon Hardin placed on IR

Bears4Ever_34

Brad Biggs ‏@BradBiggs

#Bears will place 3rd round draft pick S Brandon Hardin on injured reserve a week after he suffered neck injury last Saturday vs. Redskins.

https://twitter.com/BradBiggs

Unfortunate news for him, but this is what you get sometimes when drafting college players that have been through a serious injury. I was not too fond of this pick either. Last thing we need is more guys that can't stay on the field from the safety position. Get back and get healthy for next year Mr. Hardin. Also, learn how to tackle properly ;)

Unfortunate news for him, but this is what you get sometimes when drafting college players that have been through a serious injury. I was not too fond of this pick either. Last thing we need is more guys that can't stay on the field from the safety position. Get back and get healthy for next year Mr. Hardin. Also, learn how to tackle properly ;)

This is what you get? He had a freak, neck injury. His knee issues at Oregon State had no impact on this neck injury. Any player could hurt their neck at any current time.

This is what you get? He had a freak, neck injury. His knee issues at Oregon State had no impact on this neck injury. Any player could hurt their neck at any current time.

Drafting players who have suffered through a serious and or multiple injuries at the high school and collegiate level is always a red flag when it comes to the draft. If a guy can't stay healthy, that's normally not going to change once he gets to the NFL. In Hardin's case, he's had to deal with it since high school. I mean you talk about a broken shoulder, a broken hand, and a broken finger all while playing at OSU.. Some guys are just more prone to get injured than others no matter what the case may be. That's what I mean by saying that's what you get sometimes. You took the risk, thinking he'd put his injury history behind, and got burned. It happens. It's just that it's happened so many times here in Chicago over the last several years that it starts to get ridiculous.

Guest TerraTor

shoulder.... and he hadnt played in a year

Keep tackling with your head down and you will always get injured. If this is how he had been tackling since high school that right there might be the single biggest reason Hardin has his injury history. Put your head down and you can't make last second adjustments while tackling, not to mention the risk of sticking your neck out there.

I wonder if years from now we will look back on the players decision to limit tackling in practices as something that led to even more injuries. Tackling technique, like everything else, needs to be coached.

Guest TerraTor
Stupid tackling caused the injury but the good news is he should be okay and he was considered more of a project anyway. Hopefully Wright/Conte step up and Hardin does a good job learning and developing himself during practices. He's a good athlete and I like his potential.

all picks outside Jeffery considered projects... is this any doubt Lovie Smith makes the calls.. the GM normally gets one shot at a guy (2nd RD)