Clutts cut...

madlithuanian

in my opinion... a BAD move. clutts was a good blocker and helped out a LOT in our running game. he also was good at helping our numbskull tackles and tight ends keep cutler clean. not bad either as a relief valve for cutler.

so we trade a starting quality player for MORE depth? way to go.

in my opinion... a BAD move. clutts was a good blocker and helped out a LOT in our running game. he also was good at helping our numbskull tackles and tight ends keep cutler clean. not bad either as a relief valve for cutler.

so we trade a starting quality player for MORE depth? way to go.

I agree losing Clutts will hurt our running game. The question is if our passing game will improve enough with Adams and Rodriguez to offset that. We will find out soon enough if teams can continue to stack the box against the run like they did all last season. I don't think they can get away with it this year with our improved WR corps and if that's correct that's a man out of the box that Clutts is not needed to block. I see the real problem being on 3rd and short near the goal line, 4th and 1 type plays where the box is stacked regardless and now we don't have the blocker needed to create an opening.

On a more personal note I'm glad Clutts got the opportunity to play in the league, and for a quality team. Nice to see an underdog work his way into the league when nobody gave him a chance.

Also nice to see our GM make a deal instead of just letting him go. It seems as if we just replaced Corey Graham with McManis. I hope with his experience he'll be better in coverage if needed than Frey was. Of course we were able to keep Frey on the practice squad so it seems like a very good deal overall.