Winslow cut

Guest TerraTor

He was stupid and blew out his knee in a really bad way on a motorcycle in the teams parking lot. He has never recovered fully but had enough athletic ability to still play in the league. Now after a few more years of wear and tear that is fading too. I don't think his attitude ever showed much improvement either.

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/8327050/...w?asid=01584ea2

"Winslow didn't have much impact during preseason games, finishing with just three catches for 34 yards and a touchdown. His practice time was also closely monitored as Seattle tried to get Winslow to the regular season without putting additional stress on his knee."

If Kellen Davis is going to continue to be non-existent in the passing game all year, give me Kellen Winslow. We know Davis isn't going to give us anything in regards to blocking, but he's supposed to have physical advantages that you can exploit on defenses on passing downs that should help your offense stretch the field and he has failed to look like he's any part of that in the pre-season. My hopes for him have fallen way down from what I initially thought coming into this season.

If Kellen Davis is going to continue to be non-existent in the passing game all year, give me Kellen Winslow. We know Davis isn't going to give us anything in regards to blocking, but he's supposed to have physical advantages that you can exploit on defenses on passing downs that should help your offense stretch the field and he has failed to look like he's any part of that in the pre-season. My hopes for him have fallen way down from what I initially thought coming into this season.

If you want a TE who can catch downfield passes but can't block you have two of them in Adams and Rodriguez. Both of them are capable of practicing with the team each week. Both had better receiving numbers in the preseason than Winslow.

Guest TerraTor
If you want a TE who can catch downfield passes but can't block you have two of them in Adams and Rodriguez. Both of them are capable of practicing with the team each week. Both had better receiving numbers in the preseason than Winslow.

Rodriguez didnt make the roster.... nice pick

I'm not disputing that, because I agree 100%. I think the Bears have big plans for Rodriguez that we'll get to see as the season unfolds, but if it's strictly who would you rather have-- K Davis or Winslow? I'll take Winslow. I at least know what I'm going to get out of him. The man caught 75 passes last year, he's had a 1000 yard season before; he's no scrub. He does what Kellen Davis is supposed to do, better.

The only reason why you wouldn't give him an opportunity if you're the Bears is because you think his personality and questionable antics in the locker room is too much of a risk on this team. Very possible.. I still think they believe Kellen Davis is going to give them something this year, otherwise he would've been cut for being a no-show all pre-season.

I'm not disputing that, because I agree 100%. I think the Bears have big plans for Rodriguez that we'll get to see as the season unfolds, but if it's strictly who would you rather have-- K Davis or Winslow? I'll take Winslow. I at least know what I'm going to get out of him. The man caught 75 passes last year, he's had a 1000 yard season before; he's no scrub. He does what Kellen Davis is supposed to do, better.

The only reason why you wouldn't give him an opportunity if you're the Bears is because you think his personality and questionable antics in the locker room is too much of a risk on this team. Very possible.. I still think they believe Kellen Davis is going to give them something this year, otherwise he would've been cut for being a no-show all pre-season.

You have also got to understand what kind of passing system and teamm Winslow has come from. Now you can not compare Davis who got the ball thrown to him 20 times to Winslow who got the ball thrown to him 100 times. We dont use the TE like the teams Winslow came from.And again this year we have Marshall Jeffrey, Hester, Bennett Forte..so why do we throw to the TE? Why when he is wide open or a saftey play.He is just not featured like the ones for the Patriots,Saints,and others

Guest TerraTor
You have also got to understand what kind of passing system and teamm Winslow has come from. Now you can not compare Davis who got the ball thrown to him 20 times to Winslow who got the ball thrown to him 100 times. We dont use the TE like the teams Winslow came from.And again this year we have Marshall Jeffrey, Hester, Bennett Forte..so why do we throw to the TE? Why when he is wide open or a saftey play.He is just not featured like the ones for the Patriots,Saints,and others

This year TEs will get 100 targets easy

Not to mention the fact that Winslow is a complete dipshit with questionable character.