Practice squad Guys Signed

sulster

Yes. An what do the coaches see in Unga? He continues to hang around for some reason.

I'm glad we're holding onto Unga. We invested in him and this is our first glance at him. He has some decent skills coming out of college and now that he's in camp, maybe we can translate what we saw. It's practice squad, so not a big deal. Imo. If Bush goes down, Unga could become a perfect goal line back. Pull up his draft profile, I see Toby Gerhart.

I'm glad we're holding onto Unga. We invested in him and this is our first glance at him. He has some decent skills coming out of college and now that he's in camp, maybe we can translate what we saw. It's practice squad, so not a big deal. Imo. If Bush goes down, Unga could become a perfect goal line back. Pull up his draft profile, I see Toby Gerhart.

Unga sucks IMHO...we should have kept Clutts and cut TE Adams

Unga sucks IMHO...we should have kept Clutts and cut TE Adams

That's just an opinion, fine. The team felt differently. Clutts will be missed, but keeping Adams is the direction Tice wants to go. Kliensasser is the route I see with keeping the TEs. At least we got something for him too.

Unga holds value if Bush goes down for short yardage. Forte hasn't been successful there and we know Booker or Allen are just too small. It's a wise move having insurance on a practice squad.

That's just an opinion, fine. The team felt differently. Clutts will be missed, but keeping Adams is the direction Tice wants to go. Kliensasser is the route I see with keeping the TEs. At least we got something for him too.

Unga holds value if Bush goes down for short yardage. Forte hasn't been successful there and we know Booker or Allen are just too small. It's a wise move having insurance on a practice squad.

I understand what you are thinking, but Clutts had more value to the team....he played special teams could be used as a long snapper and as a FB that can catch and his blocking was better than Unga and Adams. Also Unga has never made the 53 man roster in 3 years so why keep him?

I understand what you are thinking, but Clutts had more value to the team....he played special teams could be used as a long snapper and as a FB that can catch and his blocking was better than Unga and Adams. Also Unga has never made the 53 man roster in 3 years so why keep him?

He was redshirted his rookie year and took his Mormon duties last year. So they don't know exactly what he can do. Clutts was a great lead blocker, but unga can do the same at a lower level but play a bigger role in a passing game and as a runner. I can see him moved up by mid season. I did like Clutts and think we will miss he lead blocker.

Plus Unga is just as fun to say as Clutts.

I guess the main argument I was pleading is I like him on the practice squad. Having him may have helped on the decision to trade Clutts, but he's still not on the 53. Now keeping Allen, I don't understand unless they plan on possibly releasing Booker if he fumbles.

He was redshirted his rookie year and took his Mormon duties last year. So they don't know exactly what he can do. Clutts was a great lead blocker, but unga can do the same at a lower level but play a bigger role in a passing game and as a runner. I can see him moved up by mid season. I did like Clutts and think we will miss he lead blocker.

Plus Unga is just as fun to say as Clutts.

I guess the main argument I was pleading is I like him on the practice squad. Having him may have helped on the decision to trade Clutts, but he's still not on the 53. Now keeping Allen, I don't understand unless they plan on possibly releasing Booker if he fumbles.

We traded Clutts and got McMannis for him. Worked out for us.

Peace :dabears