Week 1 Odds and Score Predictions

adam

Only 9.5 favorites for Week 1, those are pretty good betting odds in favor of the Bears. I see them winning by at least 10. Hard to see the game being closer than that.

I am figuring at least 31 on offense, and I can't see the Colts breaking 20 unless there are some late garbage points. What do you think?

I say Bears 34-17.

They can't score 1!

150-3 and I'd buy it...

Da'. Just to handicap it a bit the Bears will all have one hand tied behind their backs throughout the game. And whenever the Bears have the ball it will be a torrential downpour and wind in their faces. The score? 150-1. Da'. Bearzzzz!

I think we put up 30+. The question lies on D. W/ Url and I think we canhold 'em under 20. W/O and they get under 30.

Only 9.5 favorites for Week 1, those are pretty good betting odds in favor of the Bears. I see them winning by at least 10. Hard to see the game being closer than that.

I am figuring at least 31 on offense, and I can't see the Colts breaking 20 unless there are some late garbage points. What do you think?

I say Bears 34-17.

I think this game is going to be a lot tougher than some may realize. This Andrew Luck is the real damn deal. I see greatness in his future. Luckily for us, we are living in the present and I don't think that Colts team has enough on either end to compete with this Bears team at the end of the day. As long as Luck doesn't have a "Rookie Matt Ryan" performance against us, where he is just out of this world, the Bears should be alright.

This game is going to be a lot tougher than some may realize. This Andrew Luck is the real damn deal. I see greatness in his future. Luckily for us, we are living in the present and I don't think that Colts team has enough on either end to compete with this Bears team at the end of the day. As long as Luck doesn't have a "Rookie Matt Ryan" performance against us, where he is just out of this world, the Bears should be alright.

Bears 28 Colts 10 :cheers

I've got a distinct feeling this could be a trap game for the team.(If we underestimate) There is a lot of buzz, locally, about the Colts. Being opening day at home though, we should take care of business by 10+. I don't look for us to put up a ton of points, as we will probably grind on their undersized defense in an attemp to hide some things from the Packers.

Bart Scott aint got shit on me this year, I, REALLY, "can't wait"!!

30-20 Bears.

I think this game is going to be a lot tougher than some may realize. This Andrew Luck is the real damn deal. I see greatness in his future. Luckily for us, we are living in the present and I don't think that Colts team has enough on either end to compete with this Bears team at the end of the day. As long as Luck doesn't have a "Rookie Matt Ryan" performance against us, where he is just out of this world, the Bears should be alright.

Ok, Jon Gruden. ;)

They can't score 1!

150-3 and I'd buy it...

Actually, it's possible to score 1 point in a football game!

If a team just scored a touchdown, and they're going for a try, and the holder muffs the snap, and they muff the ball over and over and over back into their own end zone, and THEN they recover the ball where they are tackled, then the team that was originally defending the kick would get one point.

It's convoluted, and completely improbable, but possible.

If a team just scored a touchdown, and they're going for a try, and the holder muffs the snap, and they muff the ball over and over and over back into their own end zone, and THEN they recover the ball where they are tackled, then the team that was originally defending the kick would get one point.

With some of the calls these scab refs are making, it's more than probable. Ha ha.

So...if the XP holder muffs the ball 90 or so yards backwards and they recover in their own end zone and get tackled there, it's worth 1 point?

So...if the XP holder muffs the ball 90 or so yards backwards and they recover in their own end zone and get tackled there, it's worth 1 point?

Yep! True story. A more likely scenario involves the kicking team committing several unsportsmanlike conduct penalties and snapping the ball from much closer to their own end zone. Still unlikely though.

This is one of those oddities that is dicussed amongst football officials and almost always debated because of complicated rule book verbiage.

Did not know that...

I didn't either. I was told if a team forfeits a game, the team that showed up (like the home team) is given one point and they win 1-0.

I just looked this up and the non-forfeiting team is actually given two points. So much for that.

The person who told you that may be more familiar with High School or College rules. In both, a forfeited game is declared 1-0 for the winner. I'm not sure why it's 2-0 in the NFL.