Beating the Packers

Wesson44

Hey if the 49ers can do it so can we. We will need to run the ball outside the tackles as this seems to be a weakness in the Packers defense.Also throwing the ball to our WR'S Marahsll and Jeffrey will beat the Pack secondary as they cant match up. Moss was not used the correct way by San Fran, but if he was they would have had more points because the Packers were scared of him.Blocking is a must...they Packers front line is a bit slow but the LB'S are fast so if we get the first level blocked and on to the second level then we got something going on the edge. The Packers can be beaten by the Bears this year!! :cheers

Had the Chicago Bears practiced Monday following a 41-21 victory Sunday over the Indianapolis Colts, coach Lovie Smith said the club would have held out cornerback Charles Tillman, linebacker Brian Urlacher and tight end Kyle Adams, while working offensive tackle J'Marcus Webb in a limited capacity.

...."Charles Tillman -- as you know didn't finish the game -- has a lower leg injury; took a shot on the leg," Smith said. "We're hoping he'll be O.K. If we were practicing today, we would hold him out this quick after the game yesterday.

The Bears return to the practice field on Tuesday and although Smith didn't give an indication on for Urlacher, Adams and Webb, he cited his glass-half-full viewpoint in saying he expected Tillman to practice when the team returns to action.

"We need to get Peanut back out there," Smith said.

Generally good news, the Bears need tillman out there against the packers.

I would like to see the Bears play the Packers in week 4 or 5 so we know 54 is back in game shape. I do like playing the Packers this early for the O side of the ball. The pack really only have 1 game to watch to game plan.

I think the Pack can be beaten anyday if the Oline takes care of business. If they take care of business we should be able to run and throw on anyone. Our D will make enough stops to put the score in our favor.

Funny the most important thing to our success is the Oline which is something that was not addressesd. I guess you cant fix every problem with one off season.

They'll need Tillman's size against Jennings and Nelson....I do however have a lot of confidence in Jennings and Hayden, though.

I don't know if I necessarily agree with "they need his size against Jennings." Against Nelson, yes, but Jennings isn't eveb 6'0.

It turns out, based on yesterday, that the Packers' biggest weapon might be Randall Cobb. They line him up in the slot, out on the edges, in the backfield, wildcat, etc. He also returns punts and kicks.

I don't know if I necessarily agree with "they need his size against Jennings." Against Nelson, yes, but Jennings isn't eveb 6'0.

It turns out, based on yesterday, that the Packers' biggest weapon might be Randall Cobb. They line him up in the slot, out on the edges, in the backfield, wildcat, etc. He also returns punts and kicks.

Just saw Jordy Nelson; torn ACL "out for season".

About had a heart attack I've got Nelson on my fantasy team.... I already lost Fred Jackson lol don't scare me like that. I will admit it feels dirty to have packers on my fantasy team...

I could not get myself to draft a Packer. I love rooting for my guys. I cant bring myself to do it. I hate and want the Packers to lose every week.

I do not want any of their players hurt tho, i want to beat them at full force.

I could care less if they are hurt or not, I just want to win. My preference would be that we hurt them fair and square.

:dabears

I could not get myself to draft a Packer. I love rooting for my guys. I cant bring myself to do it. I hate and want the Packers to lose every week.

I do not want any of their players hurt tho, i want to beat them at full force.

I'm thinking it's time to unleash Mr. Rodriguez into the passing game against one Nick Perry. Perry has been relatively lost in his new LB role and responsibilities all through training camp and has not done well in pass coverage, not even on run defense. He was one of the bigger disappointments for the Packers in camp. The 49ers took advantage of him by running at him and were very effective. We should do the same and then use play action to allow Rodriguez to slip by him. I won't pretend to know the Packers coverage schemes but I have to think this is either going to result in some blown coverages or at a minimum some hesitation on the pass rush from Perry.

This will be a really tough game. Bears have a hard time blocking 3-4 defenses, so that will be a real test. Packers offense is real good and Bears pass d does give up quite a bit of points.

I agree completely. What makes this scary is the Bears' D is predicated on forcing mistakes. Many of those mistakes are via confusion and misdirection. Aaron Rodgers does not get confused very easily. What that leaves is a lot of situations where the Bears will have the deep routes covered up, but the underneath routes wide open. It's been that way for quite some time in Chicago. It's one of the primary reasons the Bears lost the Super Bowl. I expect Rodgers to have a pretty good game with most of his work on 5-10 yard passes. It's up to the Bears to just bat or intercept one or two of those passes and tackle soundly if they want to win.

Bears 35 - Packers 31

If Jennings is out for GB, that's a huge missing piece from that offense. I'm a bit on the fence with my prediction, come Thursday, but if he's out, I'm leaning towards picking the Bears. That GB offense is going to put up points against our defense, and I fear Urlacher is going to be exploited all night by Rodgers for not having the same mobility to cover the middle of the field. I give the Bears a slight edge if Jennings is out. I think we'll be able to put up just enough points in a shootout to win the game.

I'll go Bears 37-32. Both Cutler and Rodgers have a field day and throw for over 300 yards. The difference in the game will be a lot like what SF did last week. The Bears run game will get some major yardage on the Packer defense and Bush will score multiple TD's again.

I agree completely. What makes this scary is the Bears' D is predicated on forcing mistakes. Many of those mistakes are via confusion and misdirection. Aaron Rodgers does not get confused very easily. What that leaves is a lot of situations where the Bears will have the deep routes covered up, but the underneath routes wide open. It's been that way for quite some time in Chicago. It's one of the primary reasons the Bears lost the Super Bowl. I expect Rodgers to have a pretty good game with most of his work on 5-10 yard passes. It's up to the Bears to just bat or intercept one or two of those passes and tackle soundly if they want to win.

Bears 35 - Packers 31

This is a solid read on this subject, how the 49ers and other teams have focused on taking away the Packers deep threats and that has become the #1 way to beat them. They also note the Bears have been successful with this in the past.

I'm thinking it's time to unleash Mr. Rodriguez into the passing game against one Nick Perry. Perry has been relatively lost in his new LB role and responsibilities all through training camp and has not done well in pass coverage, not even on run defense. He was one of the bigger disappointments for the Packers in camp. The 49ers took advantage of him by running at him and were very effective. We should do the same and then use play action to allow Rodriguez to slip by him. I won't pretend to know the Packers coverage schemes but I have to think this is either going to result in some blown coverages or at a minimum some hesitation on the pass rush from Perry.

IMHO the bears have a great chance of winning this game because of a few good reasons. First the Packers have no running game and with the addition of Benson still dont. Second if Jennings does not play this leave Rodgers with one less experienced target to throw to and they might have to use the slower, older Driver.Third they have as was said Perry at LB (the rookie) who has not played up to par.we need to run at him and throw behind him. Also their D will have to play this year against the bigger Marshall and Jeffery who they can't just push around in bump and run/man coverage. Now our biggest problems will be getting a pass rush on Rodgers and stopping the slant route passes and blocking enough for Cutler to hit our WR'S. If both of our lines play well we win!!!! :cheers