Game Plan

Wesson44

I hate the Packers!!!! But as much as I do hate the packers they had a game plan that worked..they took Marshall and Jeffrey out of the game. The Bears played awful but I dont blame the team I will put this one the coaches. You and I both know we needed to block Mathews....did we do it...no! Game plan...hello! Did we even throw a screen pass all game..oh yes one.Did we make the LB'S defend our TE'S...oh yes and we scored the only TD with a pass to the TE that they could not defend, sure we missed a few. The 49ers attacked the outside running lanes we did not, they attacked the middle of the field we did not. Granted we loss but the Packers only scored one TD on offense and 3 field goals(hats off to the D)but we missed Marshall and Jeffrey both wide open at a loss of 14 points!

My point is this....the 49ers showed us how to beat the Packers and we didnt use the info to our advantage.We should have had the TE line up or go in motion to whatever side Mathews lined up on. We should have thrown the WR screens to Marshall and Hester, We should have ran to the outside at the rookie LB .We did nothing as a game plan to win this game.

Again, I totally agree with you. As much as I was upset at the action as it was unfolding on National TV, the bigger issue does have to fall on the coaching staff from Lovie Smith down. The one crucial thing that continues to bug me about Smith's coaching is that it is becoming more and more inconsistant. How else do you explain the so called effort that was happening on Thursday night. I also know that there are a lot of people who on killing Cutler and from the headline on the Trib's website, I agree that Cutler is very immature and needs in my opinion some serious psychological counseling to hopefully get through to Cutler. That truthfully though is totally another huge pandora's box I am sure. I thought Smith was a good hire initially however, as it continues on, I am so looking forward to when he is truthfully shown the door with a thank you for trying. I do not think Smith is that good as a head coach and I really now hate the Tampa 2.