DJ Moore throwing Cutler under the bus...

madlithuanian

So, we meet again. :rolleyes: Im not so sure that he "threw him under the bus" as much as he is just saying what everyone is thinking. Especially in closing with if Cutler throws some completions then this will all be a distant memory. I would prefer the team deal with Mr Cutler internally; like in another article I read where it was suggested Urlacher sit down with him and tell him to grow up. In my eyes, and as much a fan I am of Cutlers, he can't afford to act like this any longer. Not with someones caliber like Campbell sitting behind him. And with his contract set to expire this year.

Why say it? Especially when later in his quotes he says not to air our your stuff publicly...

Campbell is not Cutler. Not even close. If the team moves to Campbell, then we know they have no desire to win. I only want to see Campbell is Jay is hurt or the game is out of hand. (I'd have benched Jay and put Campbell in in the 4th last game personally... No controversy. just that Jay's been taking a beating and sometimes you need to change things up.)

So, we meet again. :rolleyes: Im not so sure that he "threw him under the bus" as much as he is just saying what everyone is thinking. Especially in closing with if Cutler throws some completions then this will all be a distant memory. I would prefer the team deal with Mr Cutler internally; like in another article I read where it was suggested Urlacher sit down with him and tell him to grow up. In my eyes, and as much a fan I am of Cutlers, he can't afford to act like this any longer. Not with someones caliber like Campbell sitting behind him. And with his contract set to expire this year.

If everyone's thinking this...then it should be aired in the locker room.

Not on the radio.

Guest TerraTor

I wont condone the bump or demeanor... But Webb is f'ing awful and he deserved to get reemed. Play calling was a disgrace as well.

He tried to hurt Freeney cuz he was killin him... that shit gets me pissed

Why say it? Especially when later in his quotes he says not to air our your stuff publicly...

Campbell is not Cutler. Not even close. If the team moves to Campbell, then we know they have no desire to win. I only want to see Campbell is Jay is hurt or the game is out of hand. (I'd have benched Jay and put Campbell in in the 4th last game personally... No controversy. just that Jay's been taking a beating and sometimes you need to change things up.)

Are you serious? If "the team moves to Campbell, they have no desire to win"? You're right in that Cutler and Campbell are not the same as Campbell seems to be an upstanding type of fellow. What if Cutler continues his Jekyll and Hyde routine (more Hyde than Jekyll) would you still feel that way? Cutler is starting to prove his detractors right. As I've said before I'm a fan (of Cutlers) just not sure for how much longer.

No problem with this at all. We all know Cutler has leadership issues. Either it gets fixed or it smolders. Some of this is good and Cutler will grow from it. I'm not sure about Webb, because it seems there is no light on or fire lit. If it continues, Lovie, Url and Briggs will smooth the locker room out. I'm sure Jay has made ammends with Webb by now. Now, we'll see how Cutler chooses his moments.

No problem with this at all. We all know Cutler has leadership issues. Either it gets fixed or it smolders. Some of this is good and Cutler will grow from it. I'm not sure about Webb, because it seems there is no light on or fire lit. If it continues, Lovie, Url and Briggs will smooth the locker room out. I'm sure Jay has made ammends with Webb by now. Now, we'll see how Cutler chooses his moments.

I wish Jay would challenge his oline more. I have no issues with it. He has gotten killed way to often. Webb needs to toughen up and maybe getting yelled at and bumped will wake him up.

Cutler's contract expires after the 2013 season.

I do agree in that Moore was just saying that it was the wrong thing to do and if Cutler did that to Moore, he would've reacted much different than how Webb did.

Also, don't expect Urlacher to sit anyone down. Cutler isn't 22 years ago. He's almost 30, if not 30 (without looking). Urlacher said last night on the Final Word here in Chicago with Lou Canellis that he hasn't seen the push and that everyone wants Cutler to lead them. No one is more honest than Urlacher.

Carimi said today that when he initially heard about the push, he figured it was bad, but he saw it and didn't think much of it.

Cutler has his weekly radio show tomorrow and his weekly presser Wednesday. It'll be interesting to see what he says, but don't expect much. Lovie has already said all issues will be handled internally, and McClure tried to get something out of Cutler today after practice and Cutler declined to talk.

Are you serious? If "the team moves to Campbell, they have no desire to win"? You're right in that Cutler and Campbell are not the same as Campbell seems to be an upstanding type of fellow. What if Cutler continues his Jekyll and Hyde routine (more Hyde than Jekyll) would you still feel that way? Cutler is starting to prove his detractors right. As I've said before I'm a fan (of Cutlers) just not sure for how much longer.

As long as he continues to get destroyed by defenses across the NFL, I don't have that much problem with him reaming teammates. Bumping is over the line, and kind of childish, but every OLineman he chews out deserves it.

I am dead serious. A move to Campbell (barring injury, change of pace, or in blowouts) means the front office has no clue how to run a franchise. So Cutler isn't upstanding because he donates time and money to charities? Let Campbell get pummeled as often as Cutler has over the past few seasons and see how composed he is... Hey, I get that I think Cutler went a bit overboard and I'd love him to take more personal responsibility. And all that's well and good. However, I just want to see results on the field. Talk is cheap. Peyton Manning fared about as well as Cutler last night w/o the constant harassment, and no one is giving him any flak. I'm sure Cutler is an a$$hole in real life. I've heard as much from people who have run into him in Chicago. I don't care. I want him to be a great performer on the field and I don't want him being a criminal. Guys have done far worse than what Cutler did with full forgiveness from the media and peers. I'm sickened by the amount of piss & vinegar spewed over this. This is one more reason why I can't watch pre game shows...

I'm a fan for now as well. I don't see any possible replacement being better. He just needs to continue to grow. If he does, we can go all the way in the future, near or shortly. If not, we'll probably sniff playoffs and get bounced. But until we get him an OL, I'm pretty much giving him a pass. I'd also prefer better coaching and scheming for that matter...

I look at the incident as him yelling at a teammate who had basically concussed him (See NY, NO). And he almost did it again. And when Cutler felt he wasn't listening, he gave him a nudge. He didn't square off or shove him violently. It was a nudge. "Hey buddy, listen, I'm talking to you!". That kind of nudge. The BS Ogunleye and other guys are saying are completely off base.

As after most bad losses and a long week, the Bears usually win. I expect the same this week. Winning will cure some ills. The true test will be Dallas where I still expect a loss. I just hope we have a better game plan and better execution. Cutler can win some critics if he does well under duress even with a loss.

Hey, I get it. Cutler gets what he gets. If he wasn't so polarizing, he'd get a pass from everyone. But he is polarizing. If he were more savvy, he'd account for that and try to do a better job cleaning up his PR a bit. But if not, so be it. I just care he cleans up his game on game days.

I am the Mad Lithuanian and I support Jay Cutler and the Chicago Bears (even including our dumb coaching staff and DJ Moore's lack of filter...).

Bear down.

:dabears

Sorry, did you mean gives a $hit or is $hit?

Jay even said himself, he cares too much... Isn't a true test of a man one that goes through adverse conditions (ie. the world hating him) than sunny conditions (the world loving him)?

Give me Jay any day over Tebow please...

trade for Tebow. at least he gives a shit

jk, but true

There's never been a per-requisite to winning a championship that you have to like your quarterback. Lots of teams have won Super Bowls with quarterback's that were regarded as being tough to get along with. It's probably a good thing that you respect him, but you don't have to like him. When the respect starts to dwindle is when problems start to arise, and that's not good. It's important for Jay not to lose the locker room, because if he does, we'll be talking about who the next coach is and which players we're targeting in the top 10 of the 2013 NFL Draft.

Who gives a rats ass what DJ Moore has to say???? He is a dumb ass for saying anything.

1. Should he have bumped him, no. Do I care, no.

2. I'm glad he ripped Webb, someone needed to.

3. Jay gets bitched at for not showing enough emotion, now he does and he didn't do it the right way, wtf?

4. I'm surprised cutler didn't freak out sooner!!! He should have last year against the Giants or Saints.

Qb's that take the abuse Cutler the last three years are normally ruined. We are lucky he hasn't turned into David Carr yet.

Who gives a rats ass what DJ Moore has to say???? He is a dumb ass for saying anything.

3. Jay gets bitched at for not showing enough emotion, now he does and he didn't do it the right way, wtf?

4. I'm surprised cutler didn't freak out sooner!!! He should have last year against the Giants or Saints.

Qb's that take the abuse Cutler the last three years are normally ruined. We are lucky he hasn't turned into David Carr yet.

So Jay got in the face of one of his piss-poor Olinemen? Glad he did. I just wonder what Jim McMahon would have done to Webb? From this point on I really don't give a crap about Jay "bumping" someone. What I do give a crap about is getting a solid LT that can play and not whine on Twitter. Protect Jay so we can use the new WR toys we've finally got!

A-FARKING-MEN.

Agreed 100%.

Peace :dabears

Agreed.

I watched a Comcast Live with the usual talking haeds and one of the non-regular guys asked "Who is DJ Moore?" "Did Urlacher say anything? How about Peanut Tillman? Peppers? Unless those guys say anything, I can't really take those comments with any seriousness." Then Kaplan and Teddy G were in an uproar. The guy said, look, unless those guys put their name to it, this guy's comments are meaningless.

1. Agreed. Also, it appeared Baby Huey wasn't paying attention or listening to Jay. Jay bumped him, as to say, "Hey! I'm talking to you man!" Not squaring off like he's ready to fight. Every single so-called expert seemed to think Jay was challenging him in the octagon. Watch what happened. Every stupid talking head hasn't a clue. I think anyone else could have bumped Webb and no one would have said anything. But with Jay, anything to make him look bad is what the media wants. So Jay needs to be aware that h'es going to paraded out if he does stuff like that. So he shouldn't have. Jay's a tough guy. He's a professional football player, not a Supreme Court lawyer. Guys like Ryan Leaf can't hack negative press. Jay could honestly care less. In fact, he may actually enjoy it. Have we thought about that?

2. Yup. I get that he's a talentless hack, but he appears to check out of games. That's mental. That's why you ride him.

3. Agreed. The guy can't win for losing. He deserves some blame, but not the petty grief he's getting. He deserves flak for bad form, some bad decisions, and some bad throws. Not for showing emotion.

4. So true!

Cutler's too tough to be a Carr. Cutty has got serious constitution.

Agreed.

I watched a Comcast Live with the usual talking haeds and one of the non-regular guys asked "Who is DJ Moore?" "Did Urlacher say anything? How about Peanut Tillman? Peppers? Unless those guys say anything, I can't really take those comments with any seriousness." Then Kaplan and Teddy G were in an uproar. The guy said, look, unless those guys put their name to it, this guy's comments are meaningless.

1. Agreed. Also, it appeared Baby Huey wasn't paying attention or listening to Jay. Jay bumped him, as to say, "Hey! I'm talking to you man!" Not squaring off like he's ready to fight. Every single so-called expert seemed to think Jay was challenging him in the octagon. Watch what happened. Every stupid talking head hasn't a clue. I think anyone else could have bumped Webb and no one would have said anything. But with Jay, anything to make him look bad is what the media wants. So Jay needs to be aware that h'es going to paraded out if he does stuff like that. So he shouldn't have. Jay's a tough guy. He's a professional football player, not a Supreme Court lawyer. Guys like Ryan Leaf can't hack negative press. Jay could honestly care less. In fact, he may actually enjoy it. Have we thought about that?

2. Yup. I get that he's a talentless hack, but he appears to check out of games. That's mental. That's why you ride him.

3. Agreed. The guy can't win for losing. He deserves some blame, but not the petty grief he's getting. He deserves flak for bad form, some bad decisions, and some bad throws. Not for showing emotion.

4. So true!

Cutler's too tough to be a Carr. Cutty has got serious constitution.

Agree.

DJ Moore better keep his mouth shut or he might get his ass cut.