Shea McClellin's "Boise package"?

Bears4Ever_34

Did anybody notice this yesterday? It didn't happen often, but I think for one play there was an instance where Shea was lined up in a 2 point stance as an outside backer. I love that we're starting to see more creativity on defense, and would love to see more of this in the future where he's able to roam around and attack the quarterback ala Clay Matthews every once in a while. Brilliant move by Mareneli.

Did anybody notice this yesterday? It didn't happen often, but I think for one play there was an instance where Shea was lined up in a 2 point stance as an outside backer. I love that we're starting to see more creativity on defense, and would love to see more of this in the future where he's able to roam around and attack the quarterback ala Clay Matthews every once in a while. Brilliant move by Mareneli.

I also noticed that and liked it very much.

I believe SMC will be a hell of a ball player in time and I like the pick more and more each week. He has another gear to him and just never stops going. Izzy is a perfect example for SMC to follow as it took Izzy years to become the DE that he's become in this system.

I understand some people may be a little upset about SMC needing time to grow and needing a special package here and there as he isn't an every down DE just yet- but his potential is undeniable to me and I see what the Bears saw in him.

Thanks for pointing that out guys. I missed it...

Marinelli seems to be doing some good things with the line. He's well regarded...it looks like his efforts now may be bearing some fruit.

I like what I'm seeing from SMC. He's not a top ten pick. He's preforming as much as one could want. He may end up being better than some of the higher pics before him.

I also noticed that and liked it very much.

I believe SMC will be a hell of a ball player in time and I like the pick more and more each week. He has another gear to him and just never stops going. Izzy is a perfect example for SMC to follow as it took Izzy years to become the DE that he's become in this system.

I understand some people may be a little upset about SMC needing time to grow and needing a special package here and there as he isn't an every down DE just yet- but his potential is undeniable to me and I see what the Bears saw in him.