Aaron Rodgers under pressure

Bears4Ever_34

1. You're still wrong on the OPI. Unless you can find an instance, or multiple instances to prove your point, you're wrong. There have been countless hail mary passes thrown, and I can't recall ever seeing an OPI called. Can you? Go searching for it; you may find one play that supports your side of the debate.

2. I've since reversed my opinion on the final play, but not because it's obvious. The wording of the rules in this case make it somewhat difficult (as I pointed out in the other thread I created), and that's where the officials were wrong.

no doubt in the aftermath of the scab refs complete ineptitude and ignorance of the rules and play in the NFL that teams are devising ways to circumvent the NFL rules in their gameplans thus purposely in my opinion cheating. thus we are seeing stuff so out of bounds as to how the games were officiated in the past that it's in essence a no holds barred arena. the magnitude of what we saw would have and should have easily been called offensive pass interference period. that said...

you did ask for this:

digplanet

1990 — LSU vs. Vanderbilt: LSU completed a Hail Mary pass against Vanderbilt. It was perhaps the only time where offensive pass interference has reversed the outcome of the play, despite a traditional reluctance of officiating crews to call a penalty on any one player during a play consisting of a cluster of flailing players and so much on the line. With the touchdown called back, Vanderbilt won its only game of the season, 24–21. According to LSU Student Media, during a press conference in the week after the game, LSU's head coach, Mike Archer, showed reporters replays of the play, frame-by-frame, explaining why the penalty was a poor call. LSU later completed the season with a 5–6 record and Archer was pressured to resign, with the loss to the eventual 1–10 team often being cited as the likely primary reason for his dismissal.

[url=http://www.digplanet.com/wiki/List_of_Hail_Mary_passes_in_American_football]http://www.digplanet.com

wikipedia

The intended receiver may find himself a defender if a defensive player has a better chance to catch a forward pass. If an offensive player commits pass interference against a defensive player attempting to intercept a forward pass it is offensive pass interference.

no doubt in the aftermath of the scab refs complete ineptitude and ignorance of the rules and play in the NFL that teams are devising ways to circumvent the NFL rules in their gameplans thus purposely in my opinion cheating. thus we are seeing stuff so out of bounds as to how the games were officiated in the past that it's in essence a no holds barred arena. the magnitude of what we saw would have and should have easily been called offensive pass interference period. that said...you did ask for this:digplanet1990 — LSU vs. Vanderbilt: LSU completed a Hail Mary pass against Vanderbilt. It was perhaps the only time where offensive pass interference has reversed the outcome of the play, despite a traditional reluctance of officiating crews to call a penalty on any one player during a play consisting of a cluster of flailing players and so much on the line. With the touchdown called back, Vanderbilt won its only game of the season, 24–21. According to LSU Student Media, during a press conference in the week after the game, LSU's head coach, Mike Archer, showed reporters replays of the play, frame-by-frame, explaining why the penalty was a poor call. LSU later completed the season with a 5–6 record and Archer was pressured to resign, with the loss to the eventual 1–10 team often being cited as the likely primary reason for his dismissal.http://www.digplanet.comwikipediaThe intended receiver may find himself a defender if a defensive player has a better chance to catch a forward pass. If an offensive player commits pass interference against a defensive player attempting to intercept a forward pass it is offensive pass interference.

And it was an absolutely ATROCIOUS call. Virtually nobody who understands football agrees with that call. And it's also why the quote you provided says: It was perhaps the only time where offensive pass interference has reversed the outcome of the play

I bet that guy was quickly demoted from the ranks of SEC officials...or became a replacement official this year. :shakehead