J'Marcus Webb

Alaskan Grizzly

So, after this weekend I got to thinking about what might be ailing J'Marcus Webb. Why this sudden epiphany? Well during the game I noticed a play of particular interest and a curious series of events. Somewhere during the 2nd quarter I believe is when it took place. As the Bears offense is lining up I notice Marshall point at something on the ground, near Webb, and draws Cutler's attention to it. Cutler looks down at it and subsequently calls a timeout. Keep that fact in mind as I continue on. So the game goes to commerical break and once the game resumes things continue on as if nothing happened, other than the Bears calling the timeout. The analysts thought it was because Cutler didn't like the lineup he saw from the Rams and that was that. My first thought was there was something sticking out of the ground. We're all aware that the turf at Soldier Field is questionable at best. So I figured after the break the analysts would explain what I thought to be technical error thus the team would get back it's timeout. Nope. Nothing.

Fast forward to last night during halftime. They do that "mic'd up" piece with Brandon Marshall. One of the snippets is Marshall telling J'Marcus Webb to get his shoe on, while the game is progressing. The camera pans down and Webb barely has his foot in his shoe and I hear him say something to the effect of "I can't get it....(unintelligible)" And I belive right after that is when Cutler calls the timeout....HE FREAKING HAD TO CALL A TIMEOUT SO THAT A PROFESSIONAL FOOTBALL PLAYER (PAID MILLIONS OF DOLLARS) COULD PROPERLY DRESS HIMSELF!!! Are you FREAKING kidding me?!?!?!?!?

Pieceing together my frustration I recall the analysts saying that Tice knows Webb has gobs of talent but can't get him to put it all together. My answer is dump him and move on. When I was in boot camp one of the first things the Company Commanders said to us was they were going to fix what our parents couldn't in 18 years. This is ludicrous and absurd. I was willing to give Webb the benefit of the doubt, but no longer.

Thank you. I'm Alaskan Grizzly and I endorse this message. *end scene* :shakehead

Wow...

Don't know what else to say...

Good sleuthing.

So, after this weekend I got to thinking about what might be ailing J'Marcus Webb. Why this sudden epiphany? Well during the game I noticed a play of particular interest and a curious series of events. Somewhere during the 2nd quarter I believe is when it took place. As the Bears offense is lining up I notice Marshall point at something on the ground, near Webb, and draws Cutler's attention to it. Cutler looks down at it and subsequently calls a timeout. Keep that fact in mind as I continue on. So the game goes to commerical break and once the game resumes things continue on as if nothing happened, other than the Bears calling the timeout. The analysts thought it was because Cutler didn't like the lineup he saw from the Rams and that was that. My first thought was there was something sticking out of the ground. We're all aware that the turf at Soldier Field is questionable at best. So I figured after the break the analysts would explain what I thought to be technical error thus the team would get back it's timeout. Nope. Nothing.

Fast forward to last night during halftime. They do that "mic'd up" piece with Brandon Marshall. One of the snippets is Marshall telling J'Marcus Webb to get his shoe on, while the game is progressing. The camera pans down and Webb barely has his foot in his shoe and I hear him say something to the effect of "I can't get it....(unintelligible)" And I belive right after that is when Cutler calls the timeout....HE FREAKING HAD TO CALL A TIMEOUT SO THAT A PROFESSIONAL FOOTBALL PLAYER (PAID MILLIONS OF DOLLARS) COULD PROPERLY DRESS HIMSELF!!! Are you FREAKING kidding me?!?!?!?!?

Pieceing together my frustration I recall the analysts saying that Tice knows Webb has gobs of talent but can't get him to put it all together. My answer is dump him and move on. When I was in boot camp one of the first things the Company Commanders said to us was they were going to fix what our parents couldn't in 18 years. This is ludicrous and absurd. I was willing to give Webb the benefit of the doubt, but no longer.

Thank you. I'm Alaskan Grizzly and I endorse this message. *end scene* :shakehead

So I have to ask, in the below photo does Webb get partial credit for the Sack? Or was Cutler not completely in "his grasp" before the GB defenders? Is there replay on this?

jay_cutler_152257672_620x350.jpg

I'm sorry, I couldn't resist.

*edit* I couldn't help but notice that Cutler is already displaying his dissatisfaction with his right hand in this pic.

Ha!!!!!!!!!!

So I have to ask, in the below photo does Webb get partial credit for the Sack? Or was Cutler not completely in "his grasp" before the GB defenders? Is there replay on this?

*edit* I couldn't help but notice that Cutler is already displaying his dissatisfaction with his right hand in this pic.

0.jpg

In order for this to be a sack Cutler has to have to ball. I see no ball so this is not a sack but a QB hit

Ja Marcus Webb is the 2012 version of Bernard "False Start" Robertson.He is absolutley not a NFL LOT.

Yet he continues to start.

We're going to find out years from now that Lovie Smith is his 2nd cousin, great uncle, or god-father.

Ok, I'm in the mood for a short rant.

Watched most of the Packers/Saints game yesterday. Matthews got to the QB once, but for most of the game, he was bottled up. The Saints didn't really move the ball well with the running game, but they were able to move the ball through the air.

Early in the 2nd half, the announcers noted that Clay Matthews had been quiet most of the game, and then they showed a halftime edit of how the Saints were bottling him up. They showed about 5 plays where he was blocked effectively...and on every single play they showed, someone other than the guy in front of him took a chip at him. It was either a TE or a RB, but as far as I could tell, from that entire clip, he was hit by a second person on every play where he was effectively blocked.

And then on top of that, we look at the playcalling. The Saints were very pass heavy, in no small part because they fell behind early. They did continue the run somewhat, but Brees threw the ball 53 times, and got sacked only twice. 1 of those completions went for 80 yards, giving Brees a normal yards per pass mark for the game.

The rest of the game though, was something else. One other stat that they showed early in the 2nd half...was Brees being only 1/2 or so on balls thrown longer than 20 yards, while he was piling up the completions under 10. Their scoring drives were 10, 12, 15, 11, 12, and 4 plays (missed FG in there). Contrast that with the Bears game plan against them. Cutler is near the top of the league in how often he looks downfield, but he's at the bottom of the league in effectiveness on those type of throws.

The Saints had a challenge against the Packers yesterday, but the way they went after them couldnt' possibly have looked more different from the Bears. The Bears put their offensive linemen on islands and dared Clay Matthews to beat them. The Bears said they're going to look downfield and damn the torpedoes! The Saints said that their pro bowl loaded line wasn't going to be able to block Clay Matthews on their own, so they gave help over and over and over. They wouldn't give him the outside because they chipped him to slow him down on every play, limiting what he could do. And then...they gave him no time to get to the QB, because their target pass was under 10 yards almost every play.

There's no reason the Bears can't do that. J'Marcus Webb might be the worst offensive lineman in the league...but unless he's a hall of famer, if you leave him on an island against Clay Matthews for the whole game while you try to throw the ball 30 yards, the QB is going to the turf. Just think about it...if you put Clay Matthews 1 on 1 against an averagea OT, would you be surprised if he got to the QB 10% of the time? I wouldn't, Matthews one on one seems like he'll beat a good lineman more than that. 10% of the time is 4 sacks/QB hits in a game, which is him starting to make real havoc.

Worse yet, as far as I could tell, this was exactly what Tice and Lovie were talking about when they replaced Martz...that an O-Line needed to be treated as a system, not 5 guys on islands with no help.

The Bears have the roster to do a better job than what New Orleans did. They have the wideouts, they have the TE's, they have blocking TE's who can help or chip on guys, and they have a better set of running backs than the Saints, particularly in the running game. They don't have the same caliber of offensive linemen, granted. I don't want to let them off the hook completely on that. And yet, the Bears I've seen so far seem to have no idea how to put together a game plan in the face of pressure. It's like they have no idea that the defense might try to get to Cutler and sack him.

They'll get more of it tonight from Ware. Someone put a shoulder into him before going out on a 5 yard in route, please.

Well done...

Ok, I'm in the mood for a short rant.

Watched most of the Packers/Saints game yesterday. Matthews got to the QB once, but for most of the game, he was bottled up. The Saints didn't really move the ball well with the running game, but they were able to move the ball through the air.

Early in the 2nd half, the announcers noted that Clay Matthews had been quiet most of the game, and then they showed a halftime edit of how the Saints were bottling him up. They showed about 5 plays where he was blocked effectively...and on every single play they showed, someone other than the guy in front of him took a chip at him. It was either a TE or a RB, but as far as I could tell, from that entire clip, he was hit by a second person on every play where he was effectively blocked.

And then on top of that, we look at the playcalling. The Saints were very pass heavy, in no small part because they fell behind early. They did continue the run somewhat, but Brees threw the ball 53 times, and got sacked only twice. 1 of those completions went for 80 yards, giving Brees a normal yards per pass mark for the game.

The rest of the game though, was something else. One other stat that they showed early in the 2nd half...was Brees being only 1/2 or so on balls thrown longer than 20 yards, while he was piling up the completions under 10. Their scoring drives were 10, 12, 15, 11, 12, and 4 plays (missed FG in there). Contrast that with the Bears game plan against them. Cutler is near the top of the league in how often he looks downfield, but he's at the bottom of the league in effectiveness on those type of throws.

The Saints had a challenge against the Packers yesterday, but the way they went after them couldnt' possibly have looked more different from the Bears. The Bears put their offensive linemen on islands and dared Clay Matthews to beat them. The Bears said they're going to look downfield and damn the torpedoes! The Saints said that their pro bowl loaded line wasn't going to be able to block Clay Matthews on their own, so they gave help over and over and over. They wouldn't give him the outside because they chipped him to slow him down on every play, limiting what he could do. And then...they gave him no time to get to the QB, because their target pass was under 10 yards almost every play.

There's no reason the Bears can't do that. J'Marcus Webb might be the worst offensive lineman in the league...but unless he's a hall of famer, if you leave him on an island against Clay Matthews for the whole game while you try to throw the ball 30 yards, the QB is going to the turf. Just think about it...if you put Clay Matthews 1 on 1 against an averagea OT, would you be surprised if he got to the QB 10% of the time? I wouldn't, Matthews one on one seems like he'll beat a good lineman more than that. 10% of the time is 4 sacks/QB hits in a game, which is him starting to make real havoc.

Worse yet, as far as I could tell, this was exactly what Tice and Lovie were talking about when they replaced Martz...that an O-Line needed to be treated as a system, not 5 guys on islands with no help.

The Bears have the roster to do a better job than what New Orleans did. They have the wideouts, they have the TE's, they have blocking TE's who can help or chip on guys, and they have a better set of running backs than the Saints, particularly in the running game. They don't have the same caliber of offensive linemen, granted. I don't want to let them off the hook completely on that. And yet, the Bears I've seen so far seem to have no idea how to put together a game plan in the face of pressure. It's like they have no idea that the defense might try to get to Cutler and sack him.

They'll get more of it tonight from Ware. Someone put a shoulder into him before going out on a 5 yard in route, please.