Holy guacamole

Chitownhustla

Give Cutler some time and good things happen.... Also thought the play calling was better. I like the crossing routes and slants.

Bingo. Look what happens when the Bears OL plays the best game they've played in maybe five years. Problem is, I don't think we can't expect it with regularity.

Bingo. Look what happens when the Bears OL plays the best game they've played in maybe five years. Problem is, I don't think we can't expect it with regularity.

Come on Jason, have a little Kool Aide and now back-handed complements. LOL But yeah it will be a focus of attentin if the OL has come together or it was just a perfect storm.

Come on Jason, have a little Kool Aide and now back-handed complements. LOL But yeah it will be a focus of attentin if the OL has come together or it was just a perfect storm.

I drank the kool-aide last night. It was a blast watching the Bears destroy the Cowgirls on MNF. But I'm not going to get too excited about one game when it's very out of the ordinary and the opponent made just as many mistakes as the Bears made good plays. I'm cautious.

EDIT:

On Hester's TD, there were 7 guys blocking. SEVEN. And the Cowboys still got late pressure with only five guys rushing.

I drank the kool-aide last night. It was a blast watching the Bears destroy the Cowgirls on MNF. But I'm not going to get too excited about one game when it's very out of the ordinary and the opponent made just as many mistakes as the Bears made good plays. I'm cautious.

EDIT:

On Hester's TD, there were 7 guys blocking. SEVEN. And the Cowboys still got late pressure with only five guys rushing.

That's what should happen! The Defensive line has the advantage at the snap on a pass because they know what they're going to do. The offensive line has to react to them, which means the offense starts off at a disadvantage. That extra TE/RB blocking is what you do to slow down/take away a few of the things that the defensive line might do. If it's 5 on 5, the defensive line has a huge advantage.

Loved, loved, loved seeing highlights of Spaeth taking away the outside rush from Ware and forcing him into Webb in a first half replay clip.

If they can stop Ware they can stop anybody. I was really nervous coming into this game, Ware is a stud. I did not pay that much attention to the Oline as far as Blocking scheme goes, whatever they did to give Cutler time to throw needs to be done against the Packer in Round 2!!!!

That's what should happen! The Defensive line has the advantage at the snap on a pass because they know what they're going to do. The offensive line has to react to them, which means the offense starts off at a disadvantage. That extra TE/RB blocking is what you do to slow down/take away a few of the things that the defensive line might do. If it's 5 on 5, the defensive line has a huge advantage.

Loved, loved, loved seeing highlights of Spaeth taking away the outside rush from Ware and forcing him into Webb in a first half replay clip.

Actually, I disagree on that. The defense is almost always at a disadvantage in terms of what will happen. Ignoring schemes for the moment, the offense always knows the defense will try to tackle the guy with the ball. The offense always knows the DL will try to hit the QB. The defense, on the other hand, doesn't know if it's a run or a pass, if the players will cut left or right, etc.

Having said that, since I'm not a fan of the OL, I definitely think they need help, and I was happy it was done. But pointing out that 5 almost beat 7 really accentuates the problems with the Bears OL. They held up well for this game, and I commend them for it, but I will remain pessimistic about them until it becomes a trend.

Actually, I disagree on that. The defense is almost always at a disadvantage in terms of what will happen. Ignoring schemes for the moment, the offense always knows the defense will try to tackle the guy with the ball. The offense always knows the DL will try to hit the QB. The defense, on the other hand, doesn't know if it's a run or a pass, if the players will cut left or right, etc.

Having said that, since I'm not a fan of the OL, I definitely think they need help, and I was happy it was done. But pointing out that 5 almost beat 7 really accentuates the problems with the Bears OL. They held up well for this game, and I commend them for it, but I will remain pessimistic about them until it becomes a trend.

The defense as a whole is at a disadvantage...but the matchup on the lines is a special case. If the defensive line is expecting a pass, they are at the advantage. They have many ways to attack, and the offensive line doesn't know which ones they'll choose on any given play.

The play on the lines is the mirror of playcalling in general. In general, the defense is at a disadvantage because the offense knows what the play will be, and the defense has to react. That's why there are guys like safeties and linebackers on defense who just kinda fill voids and react, to keep big plays from happening.

But if you look solely at the lines...if the D-line has to respect the run that's one thing. If there are 4-5 guys who have the job solely of getting to the QB, and there are 5 guys who have the job solely of protecting the QB, then the guy who doesn't know what's coming is on the O-line. The D could bull rush, speed rush on the outside, speed rush on the inside, run a stunt, fall away from the line leaving you useless in space, use some sort of a finesse move like a slap or a spin move to step around you...all you know as an O-lineman is "This guy is in front of me and he wants to get around me somehow". You can tell what a guys tendencies are, but if he has 2 or 3 different moves he's good at...you're in trouble on some plays.

That's why, just like a defense has a safety to prevent the big play, a good offense will take some of those options away and maybe have a RB backup...to prevent the big play. That's also why every offensive lineman in history says they prefer the running game...they're the ones attacking, they're not being passive and forced to react.

The defense as a whole is at a disadvantage...but the matchup on the lines is a special case. If the defensive line is expecting a pass, they are at the advantage. They have many ways to attack, and the offensive line doesn't know which ones they'll choose on any given play.

The play on the lines is the mirror of playcalling in general. In general, the defense is at a disadvantage because the offense knows what the play will be, and the defense has to react. That's why there are guys like safeties and linebackers on defense who just kinda fill voids and react, to keep big plays from happening.

But if you look solely at the lines...if the D-line has to respect the run that's one thing. If there are 4-5 guys who have the job solely of getting to the QB, and there are 5 guys who have the job solely of protecting the QB, then the guy who doesn't know what's coming is on the O-line. The D could bull rush, speed rush on the outside, speed rush on the inside, run a stunt, fall away from the line leaving you useless in space, use some sort of a finesse move like a slap or a spin move to step around you...all you know as an O-lineman is "This guy is in front of me and he wants to get around me somehow". You can tell what a guys tendencies are, but if he has 2 or 3 different moves he's good at...you're in trouble on some plays.

That's why, just like a defense has a safety to prevent the big play, a good offense will take some of those options away and maybe have a RB backup...to prevent the big play. That's also why every offensive lineman in history says they prefer the running game...they're the ones attacking, they're not being passive and forced to react.

Let me ask you a question. When the Bears had Urlacher,Briggs and Roach forming an 8 man front who was at a disadvantage in the Cowboy game? Once they shut down the run ,Murray rushed for 24 yards on the night, the Bears were getting to the QB with 4 guys. The Cowboys were not in max protect a lot but, the Bears routinely beat a 5 man line with a 4 man rush.The Cowboys were trying to confused the Bears blocking scheme by sending a late bllitze and the Bears picked theat up pretty well.

BTW When the Bears were blowing up some of those running play did it look like they were at a diaadvantage or did it look like they had studied the film and recognized the Cowboys' tendancies in regards to down and distance?