Would everyone agree

Chitownhustla

Nah, I thought they played well for where they started off the game, field position wise. They didn't force it down field, Tice finally called some slants and quick/rhythm passes to get Cutler going, they established the run, they sustained drives and converted on 3rd downs. You'd like to get points in the first half, but they stuck with it, and in the 2nd half, they exploded.

Nah, I thought they played well for where they started off the game, field position wise. They didn't force it down field, Tice finally called some slants and quick/rhythm passes to get Cutler going, they established the run, they sustained drives and converted on 3rd downs. You'd like to get points in the first half, but they stuck with it, and in the 2nd half, they exploded.

the Bears O did not score in the first half other than a Field goal. The play call was not as good early on . Cutler supposedly walked away from Tice over the plays not getting into him quick enough, having to burn two timeouts. Things on the O side did not start off great.

The play calling was great to start the game. It was great throughout the entirety of the game. Sometimes its just how the game goes. We were moving the ball, but we kept getting pinned deep inside our own territory early in that game because the defense was allowing Dallas to move the ball down the field all day through the air, even though they ended up creating 5 key turnovers. You can't always create 85+ yard drives every series on offense. I can't remember very many 3 and outs.. They did a good job of sticking with it, not forcing things, and eventually they broke a couple of big ones in the 2nd half. Remember, Dallas came into the game as the #1 ranked defense in the NFL. They are a legit D.

I'll give credit where credit is due-- Mike Tice called a terrific game last night. (I still don't like Hester in on goal line plays though, but that's another story).

Agreed.

Sometime you exchange some body blows with an opponent before going in for the kill shot.

The key is that they went forward and not backward like previous games.

The play calling was great to start the game. It was great throughout the entirety of the game. Sometimes its just how the game goes. We were moving the ball, but we kept getting pinned deep inside our own territory early in that game. You can't always create 85+ yard drives every series on offense. I can't remember very many 3 and outs.. They did a good job of sticking with it, not forcing things, and eventually they broke a couple of big ones, and like I said, they exploded in the second half. Mike Tice called a terrific game last night.

Compared to the 3 previous games, starting off the game without a sack or TO was great. You can't do play action without establishing the run and if I'm not mistaken this was only the second time they won the coin toss. Putting the defense on the field first was a tone setter for the game and I believe the experience on that side of the ball helps this team settle down. Cutler at the beginning of games has been IMO to jacked up and very inaccurate to start that is why I think Tice should call more of a controlled passing game to start the game.Also it helps that Cutler's real security blamket(Forte) was back on the field.I think the slow starts have been strictly on Cutler. On some of those sacks he has been holding the ball a little too long.The fumble he had after the Bears got a turnover was on him because Webb(Who IMO sucks) did what OTs are taught and that is ride the DE past the QB so he can step up in the pocket and when Ware hit Cutler it was because he still had the ball after he finally shedded Webb's block.This was by far the O-lines best game protection-wise.

Compared to the 3 previous games, starting off the game without a sack or TO was great. You can't do play action without establishing the run and if I'm not mistaken this was only the second time they won the coin toss. Putting the defense on the field first was a tone setter for the game and I believe the experience on that side of the ball helps this team settle down. Cutler at the beginning of games has been IMO to jacked up and very inaccurate to start that is why I think Tice should call more of a controlled passing game to start the game.Also it helps that Cutler's real security blamket(Forte) was back on the field.I think the slow starts have been strictly on Cutler. On some of those sacks he has been holding the ball a little too long.The fumble he had after the Bears got a turnover was on him because Webb(Who IMO sucks) did what OTs are taught and that is ride the DE past the QB so he can step up in the pocket and when Ware hit Cutler it was because he still had the ball after he finally shedded Webb's block.This was by far the O-lines best game protection-wise.

It's still funny that, because of how bad it's been, something Cutler considers a slow start is actually considered a good start by most of this board.

It's still funny that, because of how bad it's been, something Cutler considers a slow start is actually considered a good start by most of this board.

I hope they as Lovie says "Get off the bus running" the rest of the season. I felt against the Packers if they kept running the ball that game would have turned out differently. Against the Cowboys they kept running the ball and the Passing game opened up.

Exactly!

And yet they are 3-1.

A "slow start" is better than going in reverse.

Very true. If someone had told me in the preseason that the Bears would be 3-1 and asked, "Do you care how it happened?" I would have answered, "No, as long as there are no major injuries."

Very true. If someone had told me in the preseason that the Bears would be 3-1 and asked, "Do you care how it happened?" I would have answered, "No, as long as there are no major injuries."

Yep. And I think we are all waiting and hoping that the O rings up 40+ points. Don't think that's gonna happen much. Drives get bogged down, that's just the way it is. Still, if the D continues at this pace, we aren't gonna need the O to blister folks. Yes, I'd like them to get TDs on every drive, but that ain't gonna happen. My hope, win the division, and march methodically through the playoffs and get that Super Bowl win. The time is now, caue we all know the D is going to need some work in the upcoming season.

Why the heck not?

Yep. And I think we are all waiting and hoping that the O rings up 40+ points. Don't think that's gonna happen much. Drives get bogged down, that's just the way it is. Still, if the D continues at this pace, we aren't gonna need the O to blister folks. Yes, I'd like them to get TDs on every drive, but that ain't gonna happen. My hope, win the division, and march methodically through the playoffs and get that Super Bowl win. The time is now, caue we all know the D is going to need some work in the upcoming season.

It was a slow start, but you asked if it was shaky. I think they are not similar things. There wasn't any point during the game when I thought, "Oh no, not this again.." Shaky to me would be turnovers, 3 and outs, sacks etc... We were able to move the ball in the 1st half some, even though we didn't have a touchdown.

Another thing to consider, and something I was thinking of while watching replays of the last game, two major cogs on both side of the field (Urlacher and Forte) are still playing and will only improve as the season progresses. With Urlacher obviously he knew himself well enough to be able to produce despite his knee hurting him. And the coaching staff recognized he wasn't doing any good in the GB game (think it was) that they had him sit out part of that game despite Urlacher not being happy with it. His injury mangagement has been key to the Defense being what it is. And with Forte, my hat's off to him. I was beginning to wonder when a few weeks ago he was injuired I said "not again" and "he just got PAID, this can't happen". And despite hurting his foot again in Dallas, he came out and played like it was nothing. That means something to me as a fan. I'm sure that inspires his teammates to do better, at least I would hope it would.

What the team is doing this year, despite the "slow start" has the feel of something special. It might be too early to think "this is the year" but so far, they are doing a pretty damn good job.