Looking Ahead

adam

So we go into the Bye at 4-1, which is one game better than I thought we would be at this point. That is the good news, and we should have some easier games the next couple of weeks before it really gets tough. Our next 3 out of the Bye are all games we should be favored in (DET on Mon Night at home, CAR at home, and at TEN). Then it gets really tough, we get HOU at home Sun Night, at SF Mon Night, at home vs MIN, at home vs SEA, at MIN, at home vs GB, then at ARZ to close out a brutal stretch of 7 games.

I really hope we can get to 7-1 after the TEN game, because I could see us going 4-3 or 3-4 in the next 7, but I am hoping for at least 5-2. That would be 12-3 going into Detroit in Week 17.

vs DET (Mon) 1-3

vs CAR 1-4

at TEN 1-4

vs HOU (Sun Nite) 4-0

at SF (Mon) 4-1

Win vs MIN 4-1

vs SEA 3-2

at MIN 4-1

vs GB 2-3

at ARZ 4-1

at DET 1-3

Also, GB could be 2-4 after next week when they play in HOU.

I find it funny how strength of schedule is determined based on last season's results and then as the season unfolds the schedule shifts. The NFC West was considered the weakest division in the conference and now the victory against the Rams looks like as much of quality win as the Dallas win. With the Colts beating the packers that win doesn't look bad either while the loss to the packers looks as though that was a game that the Bears should have won. With games looming against several teams with winning records plus the usual dogfights with division opponents,the Bears schedule is looking a lot tougher than originally anticipated.I say this with the idea that the NFC North was going to produce 3 playoff teams this year and that doesn't look like the case.I just hope that the experts keep ranking the Bears behind other teams in the power rankings, keeping them under the radar even though the way this defense is playing will continue to garner attention.

I think the remainder of the schedule is tough. Only TEN seems to be the gimme game. CAR, SEA & DET at home seems likely wins. SF and HOU should be losses. The rest will be very tough. I don't know what to make of MIN right now, so I'm giving them the benefit of the doubt that they will be tough. By my clacs...I'd hope to win the gimmes and likleys. 4-2, then split the tough ones... 2-3. Puts us at 10-6 or 11-5. Should be enough to get us to the dance. Then it'll be up us the Bears to kick it up a level and chat up the hot chick and bed her.

So we go into the Bye at 4-1, which is one game better than I thought we would be at this point. That is the good news, and we should have some easier games the next couple of weeks before it really gets tough. Our next 3 out of the Bye are all games we should be favored in (DET on Mon Night at home, CAR at home, and at TEN). Then it gets really tough, we get HOU at home Sun Night, at SF Mon Night, at home vs MIN, at home vs SEA, at MIN, at home vs GB, then at ARZ to close out a brutal stretch of 7 games.

I really hope we can get to 7-1 after the TEN game, because I could see us going 4-3 or 3-4 in the next 7, but I am hoping for at least 5-2. That would be 12-3 going into Detroit in Week 17.

vs DET (Mon) 1-3

vs CAR 1-4

at TEN 1-4

vs HOU (Sun Nite) 4-0

at SF (Mon) 4-1

Win vs MIN 4-1

vs SEA 3-2

at MIN 4-1

vs GB 2-3

at ARZ 4-1

at DET 1-3

Also, GB could be 2-4 after next week when they play in HOU.

That is a brutal final stretch of games, where 3 of those teams (MIN, ARZ, SEA) are all much tougher teams now, than they looked like going into the season. I don't really worry about Arizona as much because their quarterback situation sucks, but I do worry a little about Minnesota. Christian Ponder is a much better quarterback than people are giving him credit for. He's accurate, he can run, he can throw on the run, he can throw it deep, he's smart.. AT Minnesota is always a tough game, and as long as they're still in the hunt by then, we should have our hands full.

Luckily, we face Seattle on our home field, which is a huge difference. Russell Wilson sucks. I don't fear him at all. I think we can make him throw the ball our way, often.

The games against Houston and San Francisco are going to be the two toughest games we'll have all year. I think it all depends on how much momentum we have going into the game. If Cutler has a couple stinkers, like he's accustomed to having, going into these games, then I fear for the worst.. If he comes in on fire, after a couple of nice wins against Detroit, Tennessee, and Carolina, it could be a different game. Cutler is very much a streaky quarterback.