Alshon has a fractured hand

Alaskan Grizzly

Sean Jensen ‏@seankjensen

#Bears rookie WR Alshon Jeffery could miss 4-6 weeks with a fracture in his right hand, according to league source.

Not good.. I feared this would be the case, after seeing him in a cast before the end of yesterday's game. I don't like it that it's the hand of a receiver, who's known for using them well. I hope this doesn't affect his ability to catch the football when/if he comes back.

Bad news, that could be 5 games, but the Bye does help. If he is a fast healer, it could be only 3. At least he can still stay in shape. Can't imagine how he injured it.

The Bears may sign another receiver as soon as Tuesday, a source told ESPNChicago.com's Michael C. Wright.

I wonder who this could be? Chad Johnson, Plax, Sims-Walker?

How about someone like Cooley? He is a great pass catcher and blocker than Davis.

Bad news, that could be 5 games, but the Bye does help. If he is a fast healer, it could be only 3. At least he can still stay in shape. Can't imagine how he injured it.

I wonder who this could be? Chad Johnson, Plax, Sims-Walker?

How about someone like Cooley? He is a great pass catcher and blocker than Davis.

Mike Williams?

I thought I read somewhere Mike Simms Walker has asked the Bears for a try-out. If it were me, and Alshon is indeed coming back sometime next month, why not just call up Joe Anderson to play special teams and allow Weems to get more reps? They have Bennett and Rodriguez coming back after the bye.

The hope is that you get him back before you play the Texans and 49'ers, which would put it closer to 4 weeks. I don't think we can beat those teams without him. Those defenses are extremely physical, and Jeffery excels in press coverage where he can out-physical the DB's.. Earl and Devin won't be able to get off that, if they have to play on the outside without him; not to mention, it makes it easier to focus in more on double teaming Brandon Marshall.

Word is that he's practicing catching some machine-launched footballs while wearing the cast. Despite the difficulties, they have analyzed film to see his technique and success-rate, and the surprising thing is that when lined up against game film of Dez White, the winner is Alshon every time.