Bears beginning to get respect

jason

Thanks for posting that, jason.

It is an interesting article. If the Bears D continues to play this week, I would never count the Bears out of a game before the game was played, that's for sure. Since 2010, they are very good offensively after the bye, so even if their D falls off a bit, their offense is about to explode.

Thanks for posting that, jason.

It is an interesting article. If the Bears D continues to play this week, I would never count the Bears out of a game before the game was played, that's for sure. Since 2010, they are very good offensively after the bye, so even if their D falls off a bit, their offense is about to explode.

Yeah, and Detroit has allowed no less than 20 and 44 to a bad TEN team 2 weeks ago. I see us scoring 30 again. Stafford has looked bad, they have no running game, and Megatron has the Madden Curse on his back.

In regards to the article, I just like the fact that we are improving and had the Bye Week to get healthier. We should be 7-1 at the halfway point in the season. Looking at the games this week, SF and HOU now seem much more beatable than they did a week ago.

Based on some metrics, the Bears are the best team in the league with biggest margin of victory. NYG would be #2, then SF, NE, and SEA.

See SRS: http://www.pro-football-reference.com/years/2012/

For my money, I still think the Giants, Packers, and Patriots are better than the Bears. We'll see how we fare against the elite teams coming up in a couple of weeks, but right now, the Giants are the defending champs and have the best front 4 in all of football, the Packers have shown us time and time again that they're better than we are, and the Patriots are the Patriots..

I'm not so sure that GB is better than the Bears are. Yes, I know they beat the Bears, but they won by a whole 13 points in Green Bay despite drastically winning the turnover battle. They were very, very impressive on Sunday in Houston, but that's just one game.

As for the best front-4 in football, I don't know how the Bears aren't. Don't they lead the NFL in sacks? Yeah, the Giants have "done it longer" or whatever and have 2 rings to prove it, but last I checked, it's who has the best front-4 RIGHT NOW. Peppers has been slowed to a foot injury, and yet, they continue to pressure the QB. Wootton is playing well, Melton might be the best DT in football, McClellin is still on pace for about 6.5/7 sacks, and Idonije has been decent.

There's a difference to me between the team that's playing the best, and the best team. Of course, the way things are right now I think the Bears are playing the best. How could you not love the way the defense has been playing? The Best team, in my opinion, is the team with the greatest potential for success if things are clicking on all cylinders, and have proven it before on big stages. Rodger's is scary good when he's on (See Houston), and Eli Manning is about as clutch as they come. I'm not ready to put Cutler on that pedestal yet until he proves that he can win these big games. When Cutler is on fire, he's still not as good as Rodger's and his offense when they're clicking. I give the Giants some respect because they are the defending champs. They had a little something for the 49'ers on Sunday, whom many analysts had as their "Best team in the NFL."

For my money, I still think the Giants, Packers, and Patriots are better than the Bears. We'll see how we fare against the elite teams coming up in a couple of weeks, but right now, the Giants are the defending champs and have the best front 4 in all of football, the Packers have shown us time and time again that they're better than we are, and the Patriots are the Patriots..

NE and GB are both 3-3 and should not even be in consideration. The top teams are the Bears, ATL, NYG, SF, and HOU. BAL would be in there, but those injuries on defense are going to hurt.

For GB, we played at GB on a Thursday night game in Week 2. That is almost an automatic loss for any team. Just look at the last two weeks Thursday games: PIT loses at TEN and ARZ loses at STL. Home teams are 4-1 on Thursday Night games. Also, Forte got hurt, Urlacher was playing hurt, and they scored on a fake FG which was the only drive for them over 50 yards.

NE is just not the same this year. Maybe they will get better with the return of Hernandez, but right now at 3-3, they are tied for first and last in their Division.

In terms of ceiling, you don't think the Bears can get any better? We are 4-1 and not even playing our best ball yet. That should be scary for other teams, especially if Forte gets going and Cutler/Marshall stay hot. For the defense, just wait for the forced fumbles to start.

NE and GB are both 3-3 and should not even be in consideration. The top teams are the Bears, ATL, NYG, SF, and HOU. BAL would be in there, but those injuries on defense are going to hurt.

For GB, we played at GB on a Thursday night game in Week 2. That is almost an automatic loss for any team. Just look at the last two weeks Thursday games: PIT loses at TEN and ARZ loses at STL. Home teams are 4-1 on Thursday Night games. Also, Forte got hurt, Urlacher was playing hurt, and they scored on a fake FG which was the only drive for them over 50 yards.

NE is just not the same this year. Maybe they will get better with the return of Hernandez, but right now at 3-3, they are tied for first and last in their Division.

In terms of ceiling, you don't think the Bears can get any better? We are 4-1 and not even playing our best ball yet. That should be scary for other teams, especially if Forte gets going and Cutler/Marshall stay hot. For the defense, just wait for the forced fumbles to start.

I could care less about record in the context of determining the better team. That stuff is for power rankings, which is useless as is. We all know the New England Patriots are a better football team than the NY Jets, yet both teams are 3-3. The Atlanta Falcons are 6-0, and every year they go into the post-season and get destroyed by a team with a worse record. I'm not sold on them until I see it in the playoffs.

Yes, I think the Bears can get better offensively, but defensively, the stuff they are doing right now isn't sustainable. They're not going to score 2 defensive touchdowns every game. A lot of it involves good fortune.

I could care less about record in the context of determining the better team. That stuff is for power rankings, which is useless as is. We all know the New England Patriots are a better football team than the NY Jets, yet both teams are 3-3. The Atlanta Falcons are 6-0, and every year they go into the post-season and get destroyed by a team with a worse record. I'm not sold on them until I see it in the playoffs.

Yes, I think the Bears can get better offensively, but defensively, the stuff they are doing right now isn't sustainable. They're not going to score 2 defensive touchdowns every game. A lot of it involves good fortune.

I agree. The power ranking each week, like mock drafts, is a sham. The season is too long to start formulating who the best teams are now and project them to be for the rest of the year. Too many variables to consider. I for one am good with people "disrespecting" (or disregarding) the Bears. Makes it easier to do things without the microscope on you 24/7. Look at the alternative in a team like the NY Jets. That is a circus. Doing everything they can (led by the ring leader Ryan) to be front page news each week only to flop time and again.