Reason #4 why I love this team! (10 total)

madlithuanian

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2012/...h-hit/#comments

I disagree with Marshall, but damn if I don't love his desire to stick up for his QB. This is the stuff that bring cohesiveness...

Did you all hear the outpour of love and ovation when Cutty returned to the game? I loved that! Don't listen to the national (or local) media Jay. We are 100% with you! I don't care if Jay's surly or jovial. I just want him to play hard and smart and well. And I think he's doing all 3. And there is a lot of room for improvement.

I love this team. Let me count the ways...

1. It's the Bears

2. The D is playing their best since the SB campaign. Maybe even better. The vets are doing great and the young guys seem to get better each game.

3. The quiet workmanlike job that Forte is doing. For all the hype, hoopla and national bias...Forte is just quietly doing his job, and doing it well.

4. That Marshall and other have Jay's back. The media wants to fan flames that are non-existent. From Jay's pouty attitude to the idea that the city hates him. He must've f'ed every media guy's sister or something without a call after. Screw it. I love the guy because of that. It that odd behavior that makes us interesting. Just like in 85, and all those cast of characters. I'm not necessarily talking skill level...just personality.

5. Charles Tillman is the best damn CB Chicago has ever had! I don't give a F about anything but the smell test. And he smells like roses! He is the best at forcing fumbles of all time in the NFL. I've seen no one else do it so often, so regularly. He also covers damn well against top flight guys. From his keeping Megatron w/o a TD the last game, to his epic game against Moss (as a Viking)...the guy is just so damn good! I love me some peanut man! He's easily the one guy that could have made the 85 D even better.

6. We're adjusting. Yup. It seems like we learned our lesson. We actually make changes during the game! Yeah, in GB, we went to our old ways. But it appears we learned form that. It'll interesting how we play them at the end of the year.

7. Kudos to management. From bringing in Marshall and Campbell, to drafting Shae and Alshon, management has improved this squad. yeah, OL wasn't addressed. This hop is that it will be next season. This is of course to bolster our SB winning team even more mind you...

8. We win when we should. All that games we should win, we have. Some not as pretty as others. Good teams find ways to win, bad ones find ways to lose. I see that theme continuing. If so, we should easily be in the playoffs. If we can win a few games we shouldn't, we'll even be in better position.

9. Kudos to the coaches. Yeah Alaska, I'm giving Smith props! Whether it's the coordinators making better calls and adjustments or whether the edict is coming from Smith...it matter not. If I'm going to harsh on Smith as leader when things go wrong, he deserves credit when it goes right. And it's going right. Maybe he's learned from the past. Maybe his coord's are doing it on their own accord. We probably will never know. But, credit is due to all coaches. And that includes the top. The O is performing just well enough with room for improvement. The D is playing lights out. Only ST is struggling. But I have faith in Toub that it'll turnaround at when we need them most. It's a different crew, and it takes some time to gel.

10. The fans. We are the best f'in fan base out there! I love being a part of this board and hearing the intelligent conversation come out. I get that when I run into fans on the street in LA as well. Our fans know our team. They know the game. They know football. I love it! Yeah, there are some yahoos...but they are at a minimum. And the team knows this. I can imagine Jay is happier than a pig in slop over the reception he got on Monday after coming back from the injury. All the players feel the love. And they respond in kind. I heard on the Score last night that Jay brought the family of the slain fan in Jacksonville to the game. Just as a pleasant distraction to their pain. It sounded like he wasn't going to being it up until the reporter asked. Yeah. I like me that kind of a$$hole. Keep doing what you do Jay. You rock!

Bear the F down!

I'm pumped up!

:dabears

My pictoral responsed to some of your points:

5. This is probably the best play of the whole game: aaaaaaaaaaaaaa-624x387.jpg

9. Did you guys hear, MadLith said something nice about me! WOW!!! l_smith_090224_blog1.jpg

10. Time and again, announcers and commentators will remark how "football smart" the Bears fans are. 447141.jpg

Bear the F down! :headbang

Best jersey...EVER!

9. Did you guys hear, MadLith said something nice about me! WOW!!! l_smith_090224_blog1.jpg

10. Time and again, announcers and commentators will remark how "football smart" the Bears fans are. 447141.jpg

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2012/...h-hit/#comments

I disagree with Marshall, but damn if I don't love his desire to stick up for his QB. This is the stuff that bring cohesiveness...

Did you all hear the outpour of love and ovation when Cutty returned to the game? I loved that! Don't listen to the national (or local) media Jay. We are 100% with you! I don't care if Jay's surly or jovial. I just want him to play hard and smart and well. And I think he's doing all 3. And there is a lot of room for improvement.

I love this team. Let me count the ways...

1. It's the Bears

2. The D is playing their best since the SB campaign. Maybe even better. The vets are doing great and the young guys seem to get better each game.

3. The quiet workmanlike job that Forte is doing. For all the hype, hoopla and national bias...Forte is just quietly doing his job, and doing it well.

4. That Marshall and other have Jay's back. The media wants to fan flames that are non-existent. From Jay's pouty attitude to the idea that the city hates him. He must've f'ed every media guy's sister or something without a call after. Screw it. I love the guy because of that. It that odd behavior that makes us interesting. Just like in 85, and all those cast of characters. I'm not necessarily talking skill level...just personality.

5. Charles Tillman is the best damn CB Chicago has ever had! I don't give a F about anything but the smell test. And he smells like roses! He is the best at forcing fumbles of all time in the NFL. I've seen no one else do it so often, so regularly. He also covers damn well against top flight guys. From his keeping Megatron w/o a TD the last game, to his epic game against Moss (as a Viking)...the guy is just so damn good! I love me some peanut man! He's easily the one guy that could have made the 85 D even better.

6. We're adjusting. Yup. It seems like we learned our lesson. We actually make changes during the game! Yeah, in GB, we went to our old ways. But it appears we learned form that. It'll interesting how we play them at the end of the year.

7. Kudos to management. From bringing in Marshall and Campbell, to drafting Shae and Alshon, management has improved this squad. yeah, OL wasn't addressed. This hop is that it will be next season. This is of course to bolster our SB winning team even more mind you...

8. We win when we should. All that games we should win, we have. Some not as pretty as others. Good teams find ways to win, bad ones find ways to lose. I see that theme continuing. If so, we should easily be in the playoffs. If we can win a few games we shouldn't, we'll even be in better position.

9. Kudos to the coaches. Yeah Alaska, I'm giving Smith props! Whether it's the coordinators making better calls and adjustments or whether the edict is coming from Smith...it matter not. If I'm going to harsh on Smith as leader when things go wrong, he deserves credit when it goes right. And it's going right. Maybe he's learned from the past. Maybe his coord's are doing it on their own accord. We probably will never know. But, credit is due to all coaches. And that includes the top. The O is performing just well enough with room for improvement. The D is playing lights out. Only ST is struggling. But I have faith in Toub that it'll turnaround at when we need them most. It's a different crew, and it takes some time to gel.

10. The fans. We are the best f'in fan base out there! I love being a part of this board and hearing the intelligent conversation come out. I get that when I run into fans on the street in LA as well. Our fans know our team. They know the game. They know football. I love it! Yeah, there are some yahoos...but they are at a minimum. And the team knows this. I can imagine Jay is happier than a pig in slop over the reception he got on Monday after coming back from the injury. All the players feel the love. And they respond in kind. I heard on the Score last night that Jay brought the family of the slain fan in Jacksonville to the game. Just as a pleasant distraction to their pain. It sounded like he wasn't going to being it up until the reporter asked. Yeah. I like me that kind of a$$hole. Keep doing what you do Jay. You rock!

Bear the F down!

I'm pumped up!

:dabears

Just look at the highlight again and watch how Suh takes his right leg and tries to in essence trip Cutler down and then maybe you would see his point. It does look like a leg whip. I give Suh credit for coming over and seeing if he was okay but I would have done the same thing to help my rep.

If you look at the slow motion of it and watch the sequence it looks more like culter's head was the object.

First, he pulls the off arm of cutler which brings his own hips around with the right leg whipping around. The next step at 11 seconds into the clip is where you see what kind of player he is. A chicago bear would have his own right arm going for the exposed right arm of the quarterback to force a fumble and produce a turnover which is how the bears play defense. Suh's right arm makes no play on the ball and instead takes his forearm to the neck of cutler. When I saw it in slow motion I thought two things: best case scenario neuropraxis which has temporary symptoms of shooting tingling sensation into the hands. worst case is spinal cord injury that could keep him out many games. When I saw Jay on the sideline shaking his hands I knew it was the first scenario and he would be okay. The point of all this is that football is brutal but guys like suh are crippler's and one day an offensive lineman is going to go for his knees and or a tight end will ear hole him on a crack back block and he might get it.

That play by Peanut saved our bacon. It could be one of the plays of the year. He is definitely on his way to the Pro Bowl.