The Bears Are Not What We Thought They Were!

lemonej

Looking at a defense that is in double digit territory in turnovers and leading the league in points per game is what we like after 6 games and having an established #1 WR for the QB to throw to under duress. Having the deepest DL in the league after enetring the season with the age of the defense being questioned was not expected. On a couple of series during the Mon Nite game the DL was Wooten, Melton, Paea and McClellin.The play of the line didn't drop off when these not "old guys" were on the field. BTW 3 of those 4 guys I mentioned are JA picks and if you add in Tillman, DJ Moore and Briggs plus the aqusitions of Peppers ,Idonije,Jennings and Okoye(2011), JA didn't leave the defensive cupboard bare. Matt Forte and Michael Bush have yet to bust out and the team is 5 and 1. I'm going to sit back and enjoy what I see instead of trying to find what is wrong.Its time for me to be optomistic.

Looking at a defense that is in double digit territory in turnovers and leading the league in points per game is what we like after 6 games and having an established #1 WR for the QB to throw to under duress. Having the deepest DL in the league after enetring the season with the age of the defense being questioned was not expected. On a couple of series during the Mon Nite game the DL was Wooten, Melton, Paea and McClellin.The play of the line didn't drop off when these not "old guys" were on the field. BTW 3 of those 4 guys I mentioned are JA picks and if you add in Tillman, DJ Moore and Briggs plus the aqusitions of Peppers ,Idonije,Jennings and Okoye(2011), JA didn't leave the defensive cupboard bare. Matt Forte and Michael Bush have yet to bust out and the team is 5 and 1. I'm going to sit back and enjoy what I see instead of trying to find what is wrong.Its time for me to be optomistic.

Oh yes. 5-1 is a good thing. And the D is getting some swagger. I love it. Could the O improve? Hell yes, and they have more than half a season to get it worked out. But when I see Cutler and Marshall hook up for 3rd down completions I'm filled with optimism that it's going to come together.