You guys still think Cutler checks out of games

Chitownhustla

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The Carolina Panthers are a bad football team. How long has it been since we beat the Packers?

Was the question about beating the packers?

People say cutler checks out of games when things do not go his way. He was sacked a bunch and had a bunch of dropped balls... Did he check out????? Nope

Was the question about beating the packers?

People say cutler checks out of games when things do not go his way. He was sacked a bunch and had a bunch of dropped balls... Did he check out????? Nope

I would imagine it's a bit different playing from behind against the Panthers than it is the Packers. Greenbay has him wired and Cutler knows it. I think he's more easily flustered when going up against those guys than anybody else because of that history of poor performances. That's why I'm taking the wait and see approach. Let me know the next time he beats that team and how he performs. I don't care about a game against an awful team. I'm glad we won, and I'll give Jay credit for those final two drives, but I want to see him do it against a quality opponent, and especially against our arch rivals.

I would imagine it's a bit different playing from behind against the Panthers than it is the Packers. Greenbay has him wired and Cutler knows it. I think he's more easily flustered when going up against those guys than anybody else because of that history of poor performances. That's why I'm taking the wait and see approach. Let me know the next time he beats that team and how he performs. I don't care about a game against an awful team. I'm glad we won, and I'll give Jay credit for those final two drives, but I want to see him to it against a quality opponent, and especially against our arch rivals.

There have a bunch of other games were things didn't go his way this season and he didn't check out. I'm not buying he checks out of games. there have been too many times the O has not performed well and he didntmcheck out

I'm hoping the next time Cutler plays the Pack there is not a repeat of the last game. Tice and company should have this O fine tuned by round 2.

I don't believe that line to be fine at all. Cutler is guilty as all hell of poor decision making, poor execution...but I don't believe for once he's ever "checked out". He's a fierce competitor. An inconsistent one...but not a Jim Everett.

Fine line between extremely frustrated to the point that it affect performance and "checked out"?

Cutler really wasn't that bad all game. He had 2 sacks on back to back plays which I felt were on him (one being the fumble that led to the Panthers TD). Other then that, I thought he played pretty well. Missed a couple throws (including underthrowin the ball that was intercepted). However, he made a lot of good throws that were dropped for 1st downs (that were routine catches in this league). Those non-catches were huge as they prevented the team from continuing drives (and really prevented them from gaining momentum).

Late in the game he came up huge though. Was real nice to see them get the ball to Earl.

I don't know about the portion of the game I didn't get/pay for...but if nothing else, having Brandon Marshall was a lifesaver for Cutler on that last drive. 2 quick slants where Jay just knew "if I throw an accurate ball, we will have a first down".

The one where he reached out and snatched the ball out of the air was a thing of beauty. We wouldn't have won that game without him today.

So, Cutler beats the Cowboys who almost beat the Giants today, the Colts who beat GB and is 4-3, and Jacksonville who lost in GB today by a whole 9 points, but we "have to wait until he beats a quality opponent" just because he can't beat Green Bay? That doesn't make much sense. I understand he eventually has to beat the Pack, but to say "who cares what he does; let's wait until December 16" is a tad ridiculous. He also leads all NFL QB's in 4th quarter QB rating.

If you look at Cutler's stats and you take away his worst game (Against the Packers) you get this..

Passing Yards: 1419

Completion %: 61.38

TD/INT: 8/4

QB Rating: 91.0

(6 Games)

Those are solid numbers. Certainly not eye popping, but solid. Now, you see how much of an effect that one game had on his numbers for the other 6 games. However, if you're going to take away a game that had such a negative impact on his numbers, why not also take away one game where he was at his best, and see where you're at? Here are his numbers in the 5 other games if you exclude GB and DAL.

Passing Yards: 1144

Completion %: 58.66

TD/INT: 6/4

QB Rating: 81.18

(5 Games)

This gives you a pretty good gauge on exactly where he's been at for the majority of the season. Those numbers tell you essentially the same thing his season numbers show, which is that he's been very average. You'd like to see his completion % hover around 62-64%. League average is 61.8%. The decision making has been better lately in the past couple of games than it was to start off the year.

I think we know how inconsistent the guy is, but if you want to label his performance through 7 games this season, it would be "Average." You can't really make the case that he's been anything but. He should be better than that, and at this point, I'm probably just going to have to accept him for what he is. He will have his good games, and he'll have the stinkers that make you scratch your head.

So, Cutler beats the Cowboys who almost beat the Giants today, the Colts who beat GB and is 4-3, and Jacksonville who lost in GB today by a whole 9 points, but we "have to wait until he beats a quality opponent" just because he can't beat Green Bay? That doesn't make much sense. I understand he eventually has to beat the Pack, but to say "who cares what he does; let's wait until December 16" is a tad ridiculous. He also leads all NFL QB's in 4th quarter QB rating.

In two weeks, they play the Houston Texans. That's where it starts, IMO. I don't care that the Bears can beat up on the rag dolls of the NFL. That's what they are suppose to do (although lately, they haven't really beaten up on anybody the last two weeks). The only game they played a team that was worthy of consideration for being good was GB, and they lost that game. Now again, they play who's on their schedule, that's great for the record, but as someone who's trying to figure out what this team is it doesn't really do anything for me. I want to see how Cutler and the Bears do against top competition. The latter part of their schedule is brutal. This stuff here is great to build a cushion for the stretch run, but I'm not going to sit here and say they reign supreme over the NFL.

Why is it the GB defense looked so fuckinh good against the Bears but not anyone else??? They made our O look terrible!! The entire O not just Cutler!!!

In two weeks, they play the Houston Texans. That's where it starts, IMO. I don't care that the Bears can beat up on the rag dolls of the NFL. That's what they are suppose to do (although lately, they haven't really beaten up on anybody the last two weeks). The only game they played a team that was worthy of consideration for being good was GB, and they lost that game. Now again, they play who's on their schedule, that's great for the record, but as someone who's trying to figure out what this team is it doesn't really do anything for me. I want to see how Cutler and the Bears do against top competition. The latter part of their schedule is brutal. This stuff here is great to build a cushion for the stretch run, but I'm not going to sit here and say they reign supreme over the NFL. They haven't played anybody.

There's a couple of sayings that hold true in the NFL

1. Any given Sunday

2. You are what your record is.

Right now we are 6-1, with an O that is either great or shit and a D that has been lights out..There is no doubt that the Bears O will have get better. On the other side of it I believe this D is good enough to beat any team.

There's a couple of sayings that hold true in the NFL

1. Any given Sunday

2. You are what your record is.

Right now we are 6-1, with an O that is either great or shit and a D that has been lights out..There is no doubt that the Bears O will have get better. On the other side of it I believe this D is good enough to beat any team.

I agree that the Bears are really good, I just don't know how good. I don't know if they are better than the Giants, Packers, 49'ers, the Texans etc.. I don't know if I have the confidence to pick them over any of those teams because I don't know which quarterback is going to show up. Like I said, the rest of our schedule after the Titans game coming up, is looking like it's going to be extremely tough. Before the year is over I might have a better answer to this question.

I agree that the Bears are really good, I just don't know how good. I don't know if they are better than the Giants, Packers, 49'ers, the Texans etc.. I don't know if I have the confidence to pick them over any of those teams because I don't know which quarterback is going to show up. Like I said, the rest of our schedule after the Titans game coming up, is looking like it's going to be extremely tough. Before the year is over I might have a better answer to this question.

Let me ask you this, if the Bears oline gave Cutler consistent time to throw how good would you think the Bears would be?

My answer just as good as all of the teams you listed.

If we want to talk about average players then we should talk about Hester. Going after Cutler as if he's the biggest problem we have on offense is missing the blocking.

http://www.pro-football-reference.com/team...eer-passing.htm

Cutler ranks 4th among Bears QBs in total yards, soon he'll be second behind the famous Sid Luckman. He should pass him up next season. He's already our most accurate passer in team history and he has more TDs than Harbaugh, McMahon, and Kramer all three of which had better Oline play. Is he Tom Brady? No. Is he a winning QB? Yes.

Did I mention he's in his 3rd offense since joining the Bears?

If we want to talk about average players then we should talk about Hester. Going after Cutler as if he's the biggest problem we have on offense is missing the blocking.

Cutler ranks 4th among Bears QBs in total yards, soon he'll be second behind the famous Sid Luckman. He should pass him up next season. He's already our most accurate passer in team history and he has more TDs than Harbaugh, McMahon, and Kramer all three of which had better Oline play. Is he Tom Brady? No. Is he a winning QB? Yes.

Hester? Stone hands? How many easy 3rd down catches has he muffed? Yesterday's drop was maddening. Oh yeah, how bout that O line? Don't get me started.

Cutler is doing fine this season. With Marshall in the fold Cutler seems ready to bust out one of these games. We're not even half way through the season, and last year the O was just coming around before the injury derailed Cutler and the O. So, I'm glad we got Cutler back there. Screw the pundits. I'd rather have a "punky" QB, one with attitude, than someone who just does their job.

6-1 and leading the division. After all that's said and done, that's the bottom line. I'll take that.

Agreed 100%. Cutler is not the issue. As Jason says every year, they must get him an o-line this offseason.

Peace :dabears