Ryan clady is in a contract year

Chitownhustla

With Melton and Cutler needing deals done that would be tough. I say focus on drafting some guys but I will not be mad if the Bears decide to draft Urlacher's replacement in the first round. It is Mantei Teo only who I'm speaking of only. Other than that it should be OL first a pass catching TE and a CB in that order of priority.

With Melton and Cutler needing deals done that would be tough. I say focus on drafting some guys but I will not be mad if the Bears decide to draft Urlacher's replacement in the first round. It is Mantei Teo only who I'm speaking of only. Other than that it should be OL first a pass catching TE and a CB in that order of priority.

Ummm...wasn't your second priority drafted this past year? Rodriguez is still on the team, isn't he? And CB? Tillman and Jennings are playing incredibly right now!

I'd say the top three priorities are OL, LB, and OL, in that order.

Ummm...wasn't your second priority drafted this past year? Rodriguez is still on the team, isn't he? And CB? Tillman and Jennings are playing incredibly right now!

I'd say the top three priorities are OL, LB, and OL, in that order.

Jason you know that I agree with your assessment, but I don't consider Rodriguez an addition to the team at all that is why Spaeth was used as a target and it failed. Davis is a raw taleent that will be raw talent when he retires. Kyle Adams was an undrafted FA for a reason and if you look around the league you will notice that the TE position is being utilized on most teams.

I thought Rodriguez was going to be the pass catching TE. I don't know what the Bears are doing with him now, but I don't understand it. They have Kellen Davis out there, who can't block or catch well at all, and for whatever reason, they have yet to send Evan Rodriguez out in a route this season. I know he's been injured, so maybe we'll see it pretty soon, at least I hope so.

In terms of priorities for next year, we can assume OL will be at the top of the list, to go along with a position on defense (preferably MLB). After that it's a tossup. If it were me, I'd spend the offseason looking to find eventual replacements for Lovie's cover 2 defense, for when guys like Peppers, Urlacher, Briggs, and Tillman really start to fade. Urlacher is already there, which is why I want them to spend a high pick on that position next year.

Jason you know that I agree with your assessment, but I don't consider Rodriguez an addition to the team at all that is why Spaeth was used as a target and it failed. Davis is a raw taleent that will be raw talent when he retires. Kyle Adams was an undrafted FA for a reason and if you look around the league you will notice that the TE position is being utilized on most teams.

I'm not necessarily disagreeing with the notion that Rodriguez is not an addition to the team. After all, if he were good at pass catching, you'd be right, and there is no way in hell Spaeth would be out on pass routes. I'm just pointing out that the Bears had a great chance to address another position. Several good players were still available, but the question mark was selected in an attempt to fill the pass catching TE role.

BTW - Funny comment about Davis.