How much is Jeffery missed?

adam

Looking thru the stats today, I could not believe Jeffery was still 2nd on the team in receiving yards. He also has the longest reception by a WR this year at 42 yards.

It will be really nice to have him back in the mix with Bennett and Hester opposite of Marshall (who is tearing it up).

This is one of the best posts in recent weeks because if you notice the stats no one is catching the ball besides Marshall since Jeffrey went down in Jacksonville on a TD catch.That was the last TD by a WR besides Marshall since the Dallas game. Hester and Bennett need to step up whether in the passing game or special teams.All jokes aside about mine and many others in the media butchering this kids name, he has added another dimension to the passing game and the stats are bearing this out. For those on this board that were clamoring for a big WR during the draft,he has answered the call and if only our 2 young tackles could step up and not crap their pants on offense we could be in for the season of our dreams.

This is one of the best posts in recent weeks because if you notice the stats no one is catching the ball besides Marshall since Jeffrey went down in Jacksonville on a TD catch.That was the last TD by a WR besides Marshall since the Dallas game. Hester and Bennett need to step up whether in the passing game or special teams.All jokes aside about mine and many others in the media butchering this kids name, he has added another dimension to the passing game and the stats are bearing this out. For those on this board that were clamoring for a big WR during the draft,he has answered the call and if only our 2 young tackles could step up and not crap their pants on offense we could be in for the season of our dreams.

I am the one who was begging for a big WR and we got two...yeah. Now mind you that one is hurt but when he (Jeffrey) returns our Offence will be better because he will take some pressure off of Marshall and give Cutler another big target to throw to. Like i have always said before we need the two BIG WR so that Jay does not have to always throw a perfect pass....just get it in their area and they will catch it most of the time with their hands..... and not let it bounce off their chest like Davis and Hester have at one time this year killing first downs and it creates a real problem for the shorter DB's in the NFL trying to match up with our big two..

Does Jeffery still have the longest catch of the year after Cutler's TD to Marshall yesterday?

Anyhow, yes they are missing Jeffery. He was doing really well and much better than I thought. Bennett is a solid slot guy playing the X and Y right now. When he's not and is in the slot, Hester is at the X or Y, and we all know he's not either guy and maybe not even a slot WR.

When Jeffery comes back against the 49ers, the Bears offense will start to look more smooth and in rhythm.

Does Jeffery still have the longest catch of the year after Cutler's TD to Marshall yesterday?

Anyhow, yes they are missing Jeffery. He was doing really well and much better than I thought. Bennett is a solid slot guy playing the X and Y right now. When he's not and is in the slot, Hester is at the X or Y, and we all know he's not either guy and maybe not even a slot WR.

When Jeffery comes back against the 49ers, the Bears offense will start to look more smooth and in rhythm.

Yeah, Marshall's was 39, Jeffery had a 42. Now Forte leads all with a 47, but I was strictly looking at Receivers (WR/TE).

Guest TerraTor

Im guessing he coulda played against Titans, but as we all figured, there was no need. We need him healthy for Texans, which Im guessing was the plan.

Good point, I didn't even realize he was the last WR to score. In reality, only Hester has a TD as a WR, and Jeffery has 2.

Jeffery still had his hand in a brace/wrap on Sunday. Lovie said he's getting better by the day, but has yet to practice. I'm hoping that he can be back for next Sunday's game, but I think Monday night against the 49'ers is a better bet.

As for how much he's missed.. I've been talking about it for the last two weeks. He's another big body target that can catch the ball out of small windows, and make plays in the redzone. As one of you mentioned, he's the only WR, other than Marshall, to catch a TD since he's been out of the lineup. I'm not one to say you can throw too much to Brandon Marshall, but you have to be able to spread the ball around a little bit to keep the defense honest, and right now, Marshall is the only guy out there making plays. Jeffery is much needed. I don't think we can beat the Texans or 49'ers w/o him, barring another out of this world performance from the defense.

Jeffery still had his hand in a brace/wrap on Sunday. Lovie said he's getting better by the day, but has yet to practice. I'm hoping that he can be back for next Sunday's game, but I think Monday night against the 49'ers is a better bet.

As for how much he's missed.. I've been talking about it for the last two weeks. He's another big body target that can catch the ball out of small windows, and make plays in the redzone. As one of you mentioned, he's the only WR, other than Marshall, to catch a TD since he's been out of the lineup. I'm not one to say you can throw too much to Brandon Marshall, but you have to be able to spread the ball around a little bit to keep the defense honest, and right now, Marshall is the only guy out there making plays. Jeffery is much needed. I don't think we can beat the Texans or 49'ers w/o him, barring another out of this world performance from the defense.

Wayne, Cruz, and Fitzgerald have all been targeted more than Marshall this year. So I don't think he is being targeted too much, I just think we are not used to seeing one WR being targeted as much as Marshall has been. He has a 65% reception rate, which is really good considering the amount of targets. Wayne has 60%, Cruz 57%, and Fitzgerald 52%.

http://www.kffl.com/fantasy-football/targets/

Wayne, Cruz, and Fitzgerald have all been targeted more than Marshall this year. So I don't think he is being targeted too much, I just think we are not used to seeing one WR being targeted as much as Marshall has been. He has a 65% reception rate, which is really good considering the amount of targets. Wayne has 60%, Cruz 57%, and Fitzgerald 52%.

http://www.kffl.com/fantasy-football/targets/

Good point. As Bears fans we haven't seen a true #1 WR in a long time. While I'd love to see more balance in the passing attach I'm sure our opponents would also like us to go to Hester or Bennett more often. The one guy I'm still waiting to see catching passes is Rodriguez but protecting the QB comes first.

Good point. As Bears fans we haven't seen a true #1 WR in a long time. While I'd love to see more balance in the passing attach I'm sure our opponents would also like us to go to Hester or Bennett more often. The one guy I'm still waiting to see catching passes is Rodriguez but protecting the QB comes first.

Yeah, Rodriguez has been an interesting omission from the passing game. If anything, I would like to see a few more passes to Forte out of the backfield, and some more targets for the TE's. Watching the game again, Spaeth was wide open 2-3 times and Cutler never even looked his way when he forced the ball into coverage for an incompletion.

Classic. The Bears draft a pass-catching TE with nearly no blocking skills, and whenever he's in the game he has to stay in and help the OL because they suck so bad. Meanwhile, the Bears have a pass-blocking TE with nearly no receiving skills (hint: Spaeth), and he's sent out on pass routes (albeit, not many, but more than Rodriguez).

The better solution would have been to just draft OL and send out Davis or Spaeth on the minimal passing routes.

Didn't Martz get released?

Classic. The Bears draft a pass-catching TE with nearly no blocking skills, and whenever he's in the game he has to stay in and help the OL because they suck so bad. Meanwhile, the Bears have a pass-blocking TE with nearly no receiving skills (hint: Spaeth), and he's sent out on pass routes (albeit, not many, but more than Rodriguez).

The better solution would have been to just draft OL and send out Davis or Spaeth on the minimal passing routes.

I think Rodriguez is a good blocker, he's just not an inline blocker like Spaeth. I agree with the proposed "better solution". We knew going into the offseason that fixing the offense would be a 2 yr project. I would have preferred to fix at least one piece on the Oline and then fixed the h-back position next year. I'd have survived just fine with Clutts blocking for Forte for another season.

I think Rodriguez is a good blocker, he's just not an inline blocker like Spaeth. I agree with the proposed "better solution". We knew going into the offseason that fixing the offense would be a 2 yr project. I would have preferred to fix at least one piece on the Oline and then fixed the h-back position next year. I'd have survived just fine with Clutts blocking for Forte for another season.

My thing is, if they are going to ignore the OL, then just go all out and attack the entire time. Shove Rodriguez into the game and exploit the mismatches. Sure, you're QB will get beat to hell, but at least it will justify the draft pick. Then again, that would be the Martz route and just about everyone except me hated it. Instead it just looks like a wasted pick.

The Bears appear to be a team with an identity crisis. Well, on offense anyway. The offensive picks don't reflect onto the field. The defense, however, leaves no doubt. Lovie drafts players that fit his defense, and while they've been overall mediocre during his entire tenure, they are playing outstanding right now.

Definitely don't expect to see a rookie WR playing after just one day of half a practice. Isn't Friday mostly just a walk-through of the game plan? I'm very glad we will have him back on the field for the 49ers because their physical CBs will shutdown Bennett and Hester. Jeffrey will give them some concern opposite of Marshall.

While Jeffrey is getting back into the game physically I expect mentally he'll be much farther along than he was when he was injured.