Defining Game?

adam

It is hard not to see this as a defining game this year for the team, the offensive line, and Jay. We seem to be as healthy as we've been all year (minus Jeffery) and the defense is playing some of the best ball seen in the last 30 years. This would be a great validation win, at home, in primetime. Jay has to step up this week, limit turnovers, and make some impact plays.

It is hard not to see this as a defining game this year for the team, the offensive line, and Jay. We seem to be as healthy as we've been all year (minus Jeffery) and the defense is playing some of the best ball seen in the last 30 years. This would be a great validation win, at home, in primetime. Jay has to step up this week, limit turnovers, and make some impact plays.

This is a huge game against the best Defense we've faced this year. The offense must show progress to build momentum. This is not a must win, but a must show for the O.

No. Not even close.

Sf has a greater potential to be that. But neither are defining. Odds are the defining game might end up being the upcoming GB one down the road. But really, the defining game will be the SB...

From this point forward, we are going to learn alot about the Chicago Bears. The soft part of our schedule is over. I lost a little bit of confidence in Cutler from the Greenbay debacle earlier in the season, so the rest of this year is going to speak volumes about Cutler and his ability to get this team to a Superbowl because San Francisco, Greenbay, or Seattle are likely going to be one of the Bears opponents come playoff time, at some point.

I think the next two games will determine how things progress for the Bears. With Houston, a very legit contender, they have the Defense and a strong Offense to give Chicago fits. The redeeming factor will be that the Bears are at home. The week following is against not as strong a team in SF. Sure, the defense is formidible but their offense leaves something to be desired. Alex Smith, like Cutler, is spotty. His reliable go to is Vernon Davis. Gore has been injured and their back up is inconsistent. The downside for the Bears, having to travel to SF for the game.

After its all said and done, if the Bears come out of it 2-0, I'll not only be shocked but convinced the Bears can beat the Packers in their second meet. If they end up 1-1 or even (God forbid) 0-2 then the games for the rest of the season will matter and the Bears will be "in control of their own destiny". More importantly than all that though is that NOONE GETS HURT.

Play tough and stay healthy fellas.

I think the next two games will determine how things progress for the Bears. With Houston, a very legit contender, they have the Defense and a strong Offense to give Chicago fits. The redeeming factor will be that the Bears are at home. The week following is against not as strong a team in SF. Sure, the defense is formidible but their offense leaves something to be desired. Alex Smith, like Cutler, is spotty. His reliable go to is Vernon Davis. Gore has been injured and their back up is inconsistent. The downside for the Bears, having to travel to SF for the game.

After its all said and done, if the Bears come out of it 2-0, I'll not only be shocked but convinced the Bears can beat the Packers in their second meet. If they end up 1-1 or even (God forbid) 0-2 then the games for the rest of the season will matter and the Bears will be "in control of their own destiny". More importantly than all that though is that NOONE GETS HURT.

Play tough and stay healthy fellas.

I tend to agree with you about SF, although that offense could potentially give the Bears fits with their style of play. They have the best run blocking offensive line in the game, and the Cover 2 is susceptible to a team that runs a bunch of plays with heavy personnel. They could get gashed for big plays against SF, even though there QB isn't elite. If you force the Bears to bring a safety in the box, you suddenly have a 1 on 1 matchup with one of the outside receivers.

With that said, I just have this feeling that the Bears are going to blow out SF. I do think the defense will come ready to play, and I think the offense is going to make a surprise appearance to silence the crowd.

The Texans game is going to be determined by whether or not JJ Watt is a factor. They need to cut block the shit out of him, all day! Even when he is blocked, he can still make himself available by swatting down a pass at the LOS. He is the Charles Tillman of the batted pass. He's just got that uncanny ability, so the Bears need to make sure they get him on the ground and eliminate him from making a play.

The way the media has been on the fence, I think this will go a long way towards validation (not that it matters, but from a confidence perspective it would be a great win). The home piece is critical as well, that is why I don't think the SF game would be as defining. If we lose in SF, it was on the road. Also, this is really the first major test for both teams. Houston's top 2 opponents were Denver (early season), and Baltimore (after they were decimated with injuries). Both teams have stars at their top 3 skill positions, and the defenses are stout. Cutler vs Schaub, Forte vs Foster, Marshall vs Johnson, Peppers vs Watt, Tillman vs entire HOU Secondary.

MIA, BAL and DEN...

Mia is surprising better than most expected. Baltimore is a legit playoff team as is DEN.

For all the chatter about who we've played just who has Houston played?

Miami (won 30-10)

Jacksonville (won 27-7)

Denver (won 31-25)

Tennessee (won 38-14)

NY Jets (won 23-17)

Green Bay (lost 42-24)

Baltimore (won 43-13)

Buffalo (won 21-9)