Jason Campbell

AZ54

Does Jason Campbell know what our offense's plays are? Every play he looks lost with no anticipation whatsoever for where receivers will be except his favorite....the checkdown.

i am starting to believe the coaches don't know what they are.

seriously, would anybody else like to see any sense of urgency lining up for a play? anyone like to see a change of pace in the freaking snap count? do we ever quick snap it? how about a hurry up offense before the game is in it's death throws? hmmm... has our coaching staff heard that you can go with a no huddle offense before the two minute warning?

Well he is not known for Captain Check down for nothing. He got into habit in Oakland of continusouly checking down. Why he was supplanted to begin with. When he was in Washington he had glimpses of the long ball type guy ala Daryl lamonica type. Al Davis saw that as well. But then it started, Check down city. He lost confidence in his arm and decision making.

Well he is not known for Captain Check down for nothing. He got into habit in Oakland of continusouly checking down. Why he was supplanted to begin with. When he was in Washington he had glimpses of the long ball type guy ala Daryl lamonica type. Al Davis saw that as well. But then it started, Check down city. He lost confidence in his arm and decision making.

I'm not sure I'd have much of a problem if this is how he came out against San Fran. It'd work too, if the TE could catch the ball.

My how the tides have turned. When he was signed it was "thank God no more Hanie" etc, now it's "he's always been a check down" QB.

So playing devils advocate, what's really wrong with doin what Campbell "allegedly" does? What's his turnover rate (normally?). Is he more the "game manager" style, ala Orton? The long ball in Chicago isn't really a staple and if it is it really only goes to Marshall (which Campbell did with success once last Sunday night) and occasionally to Hester. Outside of that throwing underneath (West Coast) is more "safe" in the conditions for Chicago. And players like Forte and Rodriguez(?) benefit from the catch and receive.

What I think we'll see more of is are the passes to Forte for screens and short gain plays. And maybe the infamous bubble screen to the wideouts and who knows maybe more to the "H-back" or TE underneath? Why not, could play more to ball control offense rather than score big. Nothing wrong with that.

I thought he was supplanted because he was hurt? then they signed Palmer...

Campbell is not starter material... But he was doing better in Oak than in Was to me recollection.

Anyway...for a back-up checkdowns are not a bad thing.

BINGO!

1. Urgency on the LOS is a must... We rarely have any.

2. Snap count change up is also a necessity

3. Hurry up once in a while...especially after some stagnation would be nice

These are all on Tice at the moment. If not solved soon, they are soon on Smith.

i am starting to believe the coaches don't know what they are.

seriously, would anybody else like to see any sense of urgency lining up for a play? anyone like to see a change of pace in the freaking snap count? do we ever quick snap it? how about a hurry up offense before the game is in it's death throws? hmmm... has our coaching staff heard that you can go with a no huddle offense before the two minute warning?

Agreed. He is a good back-up. Let him do his job. And the job is really to not F up. Checkdowns are fine.

I don't expect him to beat SF. If we beat SF...my expectation is it'll be on D, with the running game, special teams or any combination of those.

My how the tides have turned. When he was signed it was "thank God no more Hanie" etc, now it's "he's always been a check down" QB.

So playing devils advocate, what's really wrong with doin what Campbell "allegedly" does? What's his turnover rate (normally?). Is he more the "game manager" style, ala Orton? The long ball in Chicago isn't really a staple and if it is it really only goes to Marshall (which Campbell did with success once last Sunday night) and occasionally to Hester. Outside of that throwing underneath (West Coast) is more "safe" in the conditions for Chicago. And players like Forte and Rodriguez(?) benefit from the catch and receive.

What I think we'll see more of is are the passes to Forte for screens and short gain plays. And maybe the infamous bubble screen to the wideouts and who knows maybe more to the "H-back" or TE underneath? Why not, could play more to ball control offense rather than score big. Nothing wrong with that.

BINGO!

1. Urgency on the LOS is a must... We rarely have any.

2. Snap count change up is also a necessity

3. Hurry up once in a while...especially after some stagnation would be nice

To be fair, in a few of the contests the Bears were far enought ahead that "hurry up" was not a necessity. Other games, for example against Houston, the situation may have not been optimal. With Campbell (not having a lot of first team reps), the weather, the score and utilizing a "vanilla" offensive approach. But I do agree overall that it (hurry up) needs to be an element of this team. It has been used this year with some success, so to say it never has would be incorrect as well. Just not enough.

These are all on Tice at the moment. If not solved soon, they are soon on Smith.

Should've known you "go there". :rolleyes: