Cutler hit carries big fine

Guest TerraTor

I have a problem with the guy saying he's glad he was Ko'ed...no remorse. In fact, glee.

This guys were told the rules. Suspend.

I agree Madlith. The guy was boasting that he hurt the QB. Sure, a great hit is one thing, but if the rues are in place to protect the QB and the guy boasts after the hit, it goes beyond "first offense." If the league really wanted to crack down they'd start suspending guys for a game. Soccer's got that down, a red card and you sit next game.

I agree Madlith. The guy was boasting that he hurt the QB. Sure, a great hit is one thing, but if the rues are in place to protect the QB and the guy boasts after the hit, it goes beyond "first offense." If the league really wanted to crack down they'd start suspending guys for a game. Soccer's got that down, a red card and you sit next game.

The nfl did suspend one guy on the broncos earlier this year for a hit on Matt Schaub that knocked him out...but it was a hit that came the week after he was fined for a roughing the passer penalty, so it was a repeat performance.

They could also do it based on the injury length of the other player. Every week the injured player is out, the offender should be suspended (and lose his game check) for the same amount of games. That seems fair to me.

Problem with that is..."The intensity of the hit" isn't the only thing that determines how long a guy is out. You can give a guy a serious concussion with a legal hit, and you can have a guy miss no time after the hardest illegal hit of the season.

Problem with that is..."The intensity of the hit" isn't the only thing that determines how long a guy is out. You can give a guy a serious concussion with a legal hit, and you can have a guy miss no time after the hardest illegal hit of the season.

I was only saying if it was an illegal hit that would be fined anyway or resulted in a flag.