Collin Klein

Alaskan Grizzly

We have one certainty in the mix. The OL is garbage. Fix the OL and if the QB still is bad, then fix the QB. Fixing the QB will only have the potential of making the QB play slightly better. Fixing the OL, has the potential of making the entire offense significantly better.

I will concede that the OL needs fixing. As I will remind Jason and Brian I have never said otherwise. What I have said is I don't agree necessarily with making OL your priority (at #1 or even 2). My point being the Bears have done it twice in the last three years and are coming up fruitless. Now in free agency I'm all for spending on a PROVEN lineman. Worked with players like Tait and Ruben Brown. And in my opinion the team should have made more effort to keep Kreutz.

That being said, Cutler is beginning to show that maybe he really isn't the franchise QB player we all thought he was. With numerous concussions to his resume now his career could be drawing close. The player I talked about to begin this post was not necessarily the "solution" at QB. I never said that either. I even lowered my expectations after his team lost their grip on #1 last week. But I'm still intrigued. At any rate the QB will need to be addressed, probably sooner than later. Before OL though? Don't know yet.

I will concede that the OL needs fixing. As I will remind Jason and Brian I have never said otherwise. What I have said is I don't agree necessarily with making OL your priority (at #1 or even 2). My point being the Bears have done it twice in the last three years and are coming up fruitless. Now in free agency I'm all for spending on a PROVEN lineman. Worked with players like Tait and Ruben Brown. And in my opinion the team should have made more effort to keep Kreutz. That being said, Cutler is beginning to show that maybe he really isn't the franchise QB player we all thought he was. With numerous concussions to his resume now his career could be drawing close. The player I talked about to begin this post was not necessarily the "solution" at QB. I never said that either. I even lowered my expectations after his team lost their grip on #1 last week. But I'm still intrigued. At any rate the QB will need to be addressed, probably sooner than later. Before OL though? Don't know yet.

My question again? WHAT ELSE NEEDS FIXED ON OFFENSE??? Everything else has been addressed. It's down to QB, OL or staff.

The idea of coming up frutless on the picks doesn't mean you shouldn't try again. Those picks were, good or bad, JA's... Maybe Emery can pick them better?

If a Luck were out there, that would be worth it. I don't know nearly enough about Klein....

I will concede that the OL needs fixing. As I will remind Jason and Brian I have never said otherwise. What I have said is I don't agree necessarily with making OL your priority (at #1 or even 2). My point being the Bears have done it twice in the last three years and are coming up fruitless. Now in free agency I'm all for spending on a PROVEN lineman. Worked with players like Tait and Ruben Brown. And in my opinion the team should have made more effort to keep Kreutz.

That being said, Cutler is beginning to show that maybe he really isn't the franchise QB player we all thought he was. With numerous concussions to his resume now his career could be drawing close. The player I talked about to begin this post was not necessarily the "solution" at QB. I never said that either. I even lowered my expectations after his team lost their grip on #1 last week. But I'm still intrigued. At any rate the QB will need to be addressed, probably sooner than later. Before OL though? Don't know yet.

My question again? WHAT ELSE NEEDS FIXED ON OFFENSE??? Everything else has been addressed. It's down to QB, OL or staff.

Some would say, TE (the team has picked #1 there before). Some would say FB (depending on the type of offense that will be run). Can't say that having Marshall and Jeffery is the COMPLETE solution for WR. How much longer does the team have Marshall? And how about Jeffery? Two injuries allready....something to think about.

Then I've been told on defense that there are positions at LB and Safety that concern others. Where do you lay your importance? The team is built around defense and thusly around LB. Is it high enough priority to pick #1 or #2 for? Could be. I think McClellin could be the solution at LB...if done right. Jury is still out.

Does the need at OT "necessity" outweigh these other picks? Not sure. Again, it would need to be fully evaluated.

Some would say, TE (the team has picked #1 there before). Some would say FB (depending on the type of offense that will be run). Can't say that having Marshall and Jeffery is the COMPLETE solution for WR. How much longer does the team have Marshall? And how about Jeffery? Two injuries allready....something to think about.

Then I've been told on defense that there are positions at LB and Safety that concern others. Where do you lay your importance? The team is built around defense and thusly around LB. Is it high enough priority to pick #1 or #2 for? Could be. I think McClellin could be the solution at LB...if done right. Jury is still out.

Does the need at OT "necessity" outweigh these other picks? Not sure. Again, it would need to be fully evaluated.

The only way that LB is the #1 priority for this team is if Urlacher retires or is let go...which would be silly on the part of the team if he wants to come back for another year.

Um, yeah, but there is a major flaw to the stupid response: Kapernick played against the Bears defense and Campbell played against the Niners defense. Another obvious flaw to the response would be the fact that the Bears OL is the worst in the NFL, and the Niners OL is one of the best.

Aside from that, please tell me you're not making the ignorant "they're the same poster"-argument. Brian and I have vehemently disagreed on this board before. It's not our fault you made a stupid post about drafting a QB fairly high when it's plain to see to anyone with any sort of football sense that the QB is not the issue on the Bears team.

And Jason, despite your denying otherwise, some on this board have said that the QB IS the problem. We have a QB that has six(?) concussions and has poor mechanics despite. His TD/INT ratio isn't all that great. His win / loss record is decent but so was Orton's. I realize he may have gotten the short end of the stick because he's gone through three coordinators but still he is not elite, and probably won't. Remember, Aaron Rodgers has been sacked almost as many times as Cutler has and he has a Super Bowl ring.

My post was only "stupid" because you disagree with it. Because it doesn't fall in line to your close minded belief that OL is the one and ONLY problem with the team. And for some reason you have this self image that you know so much more about football. I don't know where you get off but I have never really understood narcissists either so....there is that.

FYI - Tait and Brown were both first round draft picks. First round draft talent. Spending money on a FA 1st round OT talent is expensive, and most teams don't let those guys go.

I still don't think you can blame Cutler since the OL has sucked for so long. For the record, I've said numerous times that QB is a position that requires a multi-year, consistent effort. Like the Packers do it. Having a guy in waiting who is qualified is a great security blanket. But that requires an effort from the front office to draft QB semi-regularly. Something they don't do. Same as the OL.

And Jason, despite your denying otherwise, some on this board have said that the QB IS the problem. We have a QB that has six(?) concussions and has poor mechanics despite. His TD/INT ratio isn't all that great. His win / loss record is decent but so was Orton's. I realize he may have gotten the short end of the stick because he's gone through three coordinators but still he is not elite, and probably won't. Remember, Aaron Rodgers has been sacked almost as many times as Cutler has and he has a Super Bowl ring.

My post was only "stupid" because you disagree with it. Because it doesn't fall in line to your close minded belief that OL is the one and ONLY problem with the team. And for some reason you have this self image that you know so much more about football. I don't know where you get off but I have never really understood narcissists either so....there is that.

For the millionth time, sacks are not the total evaluation of an OL. This has been shown over and over again. Sacks may be close, but pressures, hits, and knock-downs are nowhere near close. Cutler gets chased like rabbit at a race track. And for the millionth time, I don't think OL is the only problem with the team. That's what you think about me. It's not my fault you can't read the numerous times I've said we also need other positions. But make no mistake, OL is the #1 need, and probably the #2 need.

The reason your post was/is stupid is that when you posted it, Klein would have been a first round draft pick. And the Bears do not need QB as a first round draft pick since they have Cutler. They need many other positions before they need QB. Typically teams draft BPA or need, and when they already have a franchise QB, they still don't get a QB unless their current starter is nearing retirement. Since you thought QB was a first round need (which is absolutely ridiculous), then I absolutely do know more about football than you.

For the millionth time, sacks are not the total evaluation of an OL. This has been shown over and over again. Sacks may be close, but pressures, hits, and knock-downs are nowhere near close. Cutler gets chased like rabbit at a race track. And for the millionth time, I don't think OL is the only problem with the team. That's what you think about me. It's not my fault you can't read the numerous times I've said we also need other positions. But make no mistake, OL is the #1 need, and probably the #2 need.

The reason your post was/is stupid is that when you posted it, Klein would have been a first round draft pick. And the Bears do not need QB as a first round draft pick since they have Cutler. They need many other positions before they need QB. Typically teams draft BPA or need, and when they already have a franchise QB, they still don't get a QB unless their current starter is nearing retirement. Since you thought QB was a first round need (which is absolutely ridiculous), then I absolutely do know more about football than you.

Ah, see you haven't read anything I'VE posted because not once in this string (about Klein) have I said he was a "first round pick". Please review my first two postings on this string and tell me otherwise. In fact, the one foolish thing I did was concede the 1st round pick to you...so you could get your stinking OLman. But I said it "tounge in cheek". And until recently did I not realize what kind of character I was dealing with.

I have said, and will always say, that if you can find a VALUE pick at the skill position (QB, RB, WR, CB, LB) for the first round, do it. I don't have that same confidence at OLman. But to clarify, I DID NOT say that the Bears needed to pick QB at the first round...not yet. What I did suggest with a kid like Klein is to look at him in later rounds.

You think QB needs to be addressed?

Absolutely not.

What's left according to my list? A = OL and coaching. Was just trying to make a point by process of elimination.

Funny thing is, that would have been my answer 5 years ago. My contention has always been, you never know what you have on offense with a bad OL and ineffective coaching...

Well he could be Joe Thomas the English Actor. Or Joe Lewis the R&B singer. But I assume you mean Joe Thomas the tackle for the Cleveland Browns. Point?

*I found these by a source known as Google. Is it "credible"?

Google is a website to find sources. Where did you find those at? Bleacher Report?