Thats the season for me...

Guest TerraTor

Sadly I agree, as much excitement of potential heading into this season, I feel deflated about the Bears. It's clear it makes no difference who's back there at QB, you could have Joe Montana, Brett Favre (in his prime), etc. and they would all get killed. Oline doesn't even look like it gives a shit. We have to have the worst O-Line in the league. Our D looks ill prepared, and just not sharp at all out there. Is it possible they are getting tired of having to keep the bears in games. Were it not for the D we could theoretically been in a whole by halftime in most of our games before the offense gets anything going. The defense is the main reason our record is what it is, and they are not having a good game while the offense is giving them nothing well, one TD. Bears getting embarrassed on Monday night another embarrassing "effort" in prime time. Is there any wonder we don't get respect?

And it sickens me that all I can really think of is, "I told you so." I'm not directing it at anyone, but this is something many on this board have said over and over again.

1. The OL sucks.

2. No matter who gets in there at QB, it won't matter much.

3. No matter who gets in there at WR, it won't matter much.

4. The D is the only reason the Bears are as good as they are.

5. The D has been good because they have had a near-miraculous number of turnovers.

6. The Lovie Smith D is extremely exploitable when the turnovers aren't coming.

Let's go ahead and add these to the truths...

7. Mike Tice is not a good OL coach.

8. Mike Tice is in way over his head as OC.

If we don't make the playoffs, Lovie and the entire staff basically needs to go.

Random thoughts:

For me, this is not the end of the season. I believe I had us at 7-3 at this point in the season. I like how SF waited until the last minute to rule Smith out. The Bears did not seem like they were up for this game. At this point I would rather see McCown than Campbell. He reminds me of Lovie as a QB, no expression, no passion. Can we block anyone? Do we know there are LB's to block? I hate the Lovie-2 Defense. Let's see what Weems can do, Hester has completely lost it as a Returner.

Sadly I agree, as much excitement of potential heading into this season, I feel deflated about the Bears. It's clear it makes no difference who's back there at QB, you could have Joe Montana, Brett Favre (in his prime), etc. and they would all get killed. Oline doesn't even look like it gives a shit. We have to have the worst O-Line in the league.

agree but it just isn't a surprise. isn't the definition of insanity of doing the same thing over and over and expecting different results each time?

this is on our management. letting mikey run this franchise as the CEO into the sewer after his 'demotion' for running this franchise into the mud previously. this is on the owners for hiring a president of football operations who knows even less about football than they do in ted phillips. this is on sweaty teddy for hiring jerry angelo and giving him his confidence long after he should have been fired. this is on the mccaskey family for hiring a ticket promoter relative in george to REPLACE mikey the idiot child who gave angelo AND lovie smith his seal of approval. this is on jerry angelo for poor drafting and and even worse coaching hires and standing firmly by his poor decisions. this is on lovie smith who has never had a creative football thought in 10 years. he has never realized that a GOOD team will dismantle your style of defense with scalpel precision CONSISTENTLY. ignore the offensive side of the ball in an era when it has evolved into an offense oriented game. lovie who has overseen the hiring of multiple coaching staffs by friends and cronies instead of hiring competent coaching staffs. of being incapable of any input or direction on the offensive side of the ball when it's obvious it is going down in flames for MULTIPLE years.

Our D looks ill prepared, and just not sharp at all out there. Is it possible they are getting tired of having to keep the bears in games. Were it not for the D we could theoretically been in a whole by halftime in most of our games before the offense gets anything going. The defense is the main reason our record is what it is, and they are not having a good game while the offense is giving them nothing well, one TD. Bears getting embarrassed on Monday night another embarrassing "effort" in prime time. Is there any wonder we don't get respect?

this "D" has been figured out since the turn of the century. every team in the NFL can use last years game film to devise a game plan against us. our DC is the same learn-on-the-job coach as our OC is. where is the genius in marinelli's play book? are our defensive linemen really any better than when he started as our DC? is the scheme any better or different than lovies from 8 or 9 years ago? how about tice? who on our OL is better? they can't even scheme the basics. how is tice an offensive line guru after seeing what has transpired? look at our LT. has carimi gotten better?

as i have said for the past umpteen years all of our linemen are playing different positions than they should be. gruden may be the only announcer to comment on this i can remember. we have a 'decent/average' though aging LEFT guard playing center and before that RIGHT guard. a 7th round RT playing LT, a college LT playing RT, a RG, chilio, playing LG. it just seems ludicrous that these people don't get it or at LEAST try changing it after this long.

And it sickens me that all I can really think of is, "I told you so." I'm not directing it at anyone, but this is something many on this board have said over and over again.

1. The OL sucks.

5. The D has been good because they have had a near-miraculous number of turnovers.

I've been saying 7 since he was hired. I didn't see how an OL guru/genius was a TE coach on the Jaguars especially when their TE's sucked. 8 I called as soon as he was promoted after coaching such a horrible line the year before. It didn't make sense for him to get promoted for that.

A team can get by with the line sucking as much as this one has most of the year, so I wouldn't say it doesn't matter who the QB is. It wouldn't have mattered last nite tho cause that was just bad. Better QB's can deal with the amount of pressure that has been there this year. That said, they need to draft Offensive Linemen in every pick this year. I know that won't happen, but there is nothing there salvagable and it's that dire of a situation.

you sir, are correct.

1. The OL sucks.