Carimi = bust?

madlithuanian

Here is what the bears need to do with their next draft - pick offensive line with every single pick in each round including the Supplemental Draft in 2013.

Even I do prescribe to that train of thought.

But if the stars did align, and the Bears thought BPA in the first three rounds was the way to go, it wouldn't upset me if it played out like this:

1. Barrett Jones, Alabama, OT/OG/C

2. DJ Fluker, Alabama, OT

3. Travis Frederick, Wisconsin, OG/C

Barrett Jones would be the best possible pick for the Bears because he excels at multiple positions, and combined with Frederick the Bears could do virtually anything on the OL.

But if the stars did align, and the Bears thought BPA in the first three rounds was the way to go, it wouldn't upset me if it played out like this:

Barrett Jones would be the best possible pick for the Bears because he excels at multiple positions, and combined with Frederick the Bears could do virtually anything on the OL.

Too bad we don't have a 3rd Round pick haha! But I have Barrett Jones or Dallas Thomas as my round 1 selection.

Travis Frederick grew up 5 miles from my town just on the other side of the cheddar curtain.

Peace :dabears

I don't think Carimi is a bust yet. I'm convinced he's not recovered from his surgery yet. He looks 20-25 lbs light. That's often what happens when trying to heal something that doesn't heal fast enough. The best thing to do is always take weight off. Carimi needs to hit the weight room and the dinner table this off season. If he comes in that light in the ass again, he will bust.

I don't think Carimi is a bust yet. I'm convinced he's not recovered from his surgery yet. He looks 20-25 lbs light. That's often what happens when trying to heal something that doesn't heal fast enough. The best thing to do is always take weight off. Carimi needs to hit the weight room and the dinner table this off season. If he comes in that light in the ass again, he will bust.

i too am not going to count carimi out just yet. we'll wait and see and HOPE he pulls out of this rookie slump.

although... a serious concern came up for me in the last game. it's a question of balance. it's one of the most IMPORTANT things a rb or offensive lineman can have to become good +. at times he was just off balance and plain knocked on his arse. this should NOT happen.

I think his future in this league is as a guard. He's not quick enough to deal with guys on the edge that can just either go around him or through him. That has been made evident over the course of the season. Move him to guard now, or next year and salvage whatever you can before this guy becomes the next 1st round pick that ends up on the streets.

I think his future in this league is as a guard. He's not quick enough to deal with guys on the edge that can just either go around him or through him. That has been made evident over the course of the season. Move him to guard now, or next year and salvage whatever you can before this guy becomes the next 1st round pick that ends up on the streets.

With the loss of Rachal, maybe the time is now. I agree with this.

And look for a reputable FA Tackle (?)

If available, I would pay for any of the following: Clady, Albert, or Long. Then draft O-Line in one of the first 2 rounds. they would never use the entire draft on O-Line, even though I wouldn't mind it.

Yesterday, Hub said on the score that Miami most likely won't tag Long and he will be a UFA. At least that's what his sources are indicating now.

Jake Long has been horrendous this year. Not Carimi-horrendous or Webb-horrendous, but if you use Long's body of work, he's been nothing even close to himself after a back injury. He's not the guy I'd throw major money at.

No way Clady leaves Denver. How could Elway sell that to Manning? "Hey Peyton, we just let our best OT leave..."

Albert would be fine by me. He can play RT or LT.

After watching him run off the field with a slight limp I don't think Carimi has ever been 100% this season and the wear and tear have only made him regress since game 4. In camp he routinely had to take plays off to rest his leg and that lasted well into the preseason games. Bench him, let him watch and learn while he gets some rest for his right knee. He'll need a full offseason of workouts (he missed much of them last offseason) to get into shape again then we'll see how he performs.

I don't think Emery is going to wait on Carimi to fix the Oline. He was very aggressive in what he did last offseason with largely positive results and with a full year of his system in the scouting department for both pro and college players I expect a solid plan (he loves plans). In other words I expect real competition for both OT jobs in camp next year.