What the real problem is

Wesson44

Well i guess you know by now that the real problem with our team is the Oline period. Not the play calling, turnovers etc. Its just that our guys on the line either cant block or just don't want to block. We need to find guys that really want to play with a nasty attitude about blocking. i have said this many times.....our line is SOFT!!!!!! Webb is a big joker who smiles too much.....Garza is old....Carimi is sorry (maybe the knee is still his problem) Spencer is not ok and Luis is somewhat ok. But our tackles are getting our QB's killed......really 5.5 sacks to just one guy.....like they say COM ON MAN!!!!!!!! We had a guy quit cause he got his ass benched........really a killer attitude for a lineman........hell I could do better than these guys. No i will say this.....this form of blocking.....taking steps backwards and letting the defender come to you trying to block him is stupid at best. He has an advantage already over the lineman cause he is going forward while the tackle is going backward ( prime example did you see Carimi on his ass) making is easy to get pushed back. I saw Carimi get pushed flat on his ass all the way back to the QB!!!! What else happened.....SACK!!!!! There is no way we can win like that no matter who we play. Webb and Carimi suck at pass blocking period...go out and get some help now or draft all linemen

Well i guess you know by now that the real problem with our team is the Oline period. Not the play calling, turnovers etc. Its just that our guys on the line either cant block or just don't want to block. We need to find guys that really want to play with a nasty attitude about blocking. i have said this many times.....our line is SOFT!!!!!! Webb is a big joker who smiles too much.....Garza is old....Carimi is sorry (maybe the knee is still his problem) Spencer is not ok and Luis is somewhat ok. But our tackles are getting our QB's killed......really 5.5 sacks to just one guy.....like they say COM ON MAN!!!!!!!! We had a guy quit cause he got his ass benched........really a killer attitude for a lineman........hell I could do better than these guys. No i will say this.....this form of blocking.....taking steps backwards and letting the defender come to you trying to block him is stupid at best. He has an advantage already over the lineman cause he is going forward while the tackle is going backward ( prime example did you see Carimi on his ass) making is easy to get pushed back. I saw Carimi get pushed flat on his ass all the way back to the QB!!!! What else happened.....SACK!!!!! There is no way we can win like that no matter who we play. Webb and Carimi suck at pass blocking period...go out and get some help now or draft all linemen

Wow, you've identified what we've been discussing all week...lol

The play calling among other things are problems too. I'm one of the biggest advocates for adding to the line, but that doesn't mean you can ignore other problems. They have definitely played below par the rest of the year, but not as low as they did against San Fran. Cutler has had a subpar year. WR's outside of Marshall haven't contributed. TE has been an issue. Forte hasn't been involved enough in the offense. Tice, while I like the guy as a guy, is inept.

Agreed.

And the Wr's are bad. What the hell happened to Earl Bennett? He looked so promising as a contributor. Hester sucks period. Get him off the offensive playfield. We've been saying this for years now... I'd like to give Sanz a shot. Sure, he had some drops as a rookie. But let's see if he has progressed...

The play calling among other things are problems too. I'm one of the biggest advocates for adding to the line, but that doesn't mean you can ignore other problems. They have definitely played below par the rest of the year, but not as low as they did against San Fran. Cutler has had a subpar year. WR's outside of Marshall haven't contributed. TE has been an issue. Forte hasn't been involved enough in the offense. Tice, while I like the guy as a guy, is inept.

The play calling hasn't been good, but it's hardly been "inept." The Bears were sacked three times on 3 step drops vs SF. That's unheard of and even Tice said that being sacked on a 3 step drop shouldn't happen one time all year. On Monday, it happened 3 times in one game.

Subpar year? He's had 1 bad game. Considering he's been behind this OL, I'd hardly call the year subpar.

The play calling hasn't been good, but it's hardly been "inept." The Bears were sacked three times on 3 step drops vs SF. That's unheard of and even Tice said that being sacked on a 3 step drop shouldn't happen one time all year. On Monday, it happened 3 times in one game.

Subpar year? He's had 1 bad game. Considering he's been behind this OL, I'd hardly call the year subpar.

In the first 3 quarters this year Cutler has 4 TDs and 8 ints. Over all, he is the 24th rated QB this year. That is subpar to me. Yes he has been excellent in the 4th quarter, but to me as a whole it's a subpar year for him.

I think the offensive play calling has been bad all year long. I guess that is more subjective. I've never seen a game where I was impressed with play calls. The Bears have the 30th most total yards this season. That doesn't exemplify good play calling imo.