Is it just me or has anyone else noticed this?

Wesson44

Now i want to say this is it me saying this or can our running game improve. I have looked at game and have seen that our line has made a few holes that our main workhouse does not see. Forte is not hitting the right OPEN hole at times and does not even try to get outside on plays. Now granted he is getting stuffed in the backfield alot but some plays he just goes this way or that and miss open lanes that can gain 5-10 yards or runs right into the back of our blockers without making cuts at all.

We need a blocking fullback. That's what's missing from last year comapred to this year... Thus our numbers are lower.

Now i want to say this is it me saying this or can our running game improve. I have looked at game and have seen that our line has made a few holes that our main workhouse does not see. Forte is not hitting the right OPEN hole at times and does not even try to get outside on plays. Now granted he is getting stuffed in the backfield alot but some plays he just goes this way or that and miss open lanes that can gain 5-10 yards or runs right into the back of our blockers without making cuts at all.

Forte isn't really that good unless you can get him to the second level. He does a horrible job of exploding through a hole like the elite running backs, the Adrian Petersons, the Doug Martins, the Darren McFaddens, McCoy, etc.. It pisses me off. Most of the time he does his little jog up the middle until he gets swallowed up after 3-4 yards by the oncoming defenders. If you can open up a run lane for him early, and he can get past the initial defender, he's about as good as they come.

It isn't just you...I've seen him miss some big holes too. He spent plenty of time conditioning and tweeting this past offseason but he didn't spend a lot of time in the playbook or practicing. I'd think by now he'd have it all figured out now but then you have to add in an Oline that's inconsistent in their blocking. For the most part I think it's his tendency to navigate his way through the line rather than accelerating through the hole but he's not been a very good navigator this season. All of this we knew about and it is the #1 reason he is not our primary short yardage back. Maybe he found it all easier when the job description was to simply follow the FB into the hole. If Clutts went the right way Forte went the right way.

To me there just seems like there is always a LB or two in the line on every running play. We don't really do a good job of blocking the 2nd level (or 1st level for that matter). Our RB's have to be hit behind the line of scrimmage more than any other team in the league.

We need to keep the defense spread out more so they can't put 7-8 in the box on every play.

To me there just seems like there is always a LB or two in the line on every running play. We don't really do a good job of blocking the 2nd level (or 1st level for that matter). Our RB's have to be hit behind the line of scrimmage more than any other team in the league.

We need to keep the defense spread out more so they can't put 7-8 in the box on every play.

Another player the team misses??? Greg Olsen. Thanks Martz!

It isn't just you...I've seen him miss some big holes too. He spent plenty of time conditioning and tweeting this past offseason but he didn't spend a lot of time in the playbook or practicing. I'd think by now he'd have it all figured out now but then you have to add in an Oline that's inconsistent in their blocking. For the most part I think it's his tendency to navigate his way through the line rather than accelerating through the hole but he's not been a very good navigator this season. All of this we knew about and it is the #1 reason he is not our primary short yardage back. Maybe he found it all easier when the job description was to simply follow the FB into the hole. If Clutts went the right way Forte went the right way.

Forte did not run with power. He looks hesitant and waiting for something. Bush runs over folks.

Exactly. What's the Einstein quote about doing the same thing over and over and expecting different results?

It's hard to blame Forte for bouncing on runs so often when the OL fails to provide the hole so often. Getting hit behind the line is nothing new; I'm pretty sure the Bears led the league in that last year. He's better off going on instinct or looking at color groups than he is trying to follow the hole designed by the play-call.