Props to Carimi

Connorbear

Pass blocking is much tougher from my understanding. I don't mind giving him some time...I'm just saying, based on the article...the odds don't look wonderful. If he were in the low 20's or something, I'd feel much better. But, he's practically the worst in the league. And our QB gets killed on that...

He seems to be an A grade at the run and an F at pass. That's an average of C. But, I'd rather have a C at both. At least the QB won't get killed. However, I can hope they can turn him from an F to a C in that area...thus making him a B.

That's not how I read it. 3rd worst pass blocker and 3rd best run blocker. Give him another year to get his body right and the pass blocking will be better. Give the kid time.

Pass blocking is much tougher from my understanding. I don't mind giving him some time...I'm just saying, based on the article...the odds don't look wonderful. If he were in the low 20's or something, I'd feel much better. But, he's practically the worst in the league. And our QB gets killed on that...

He seems to be an A grade at the run and an F at pass. That's an average of C. But, I'd rather have a C at both. At least the QB won't get killed. However, I can hope they can turn him from an F to a C in that area...thus making him a B.

I competely agree with your concerns, but truly believe an off season to regain old form will be a bonus for him. Emery has his work cut out doesn't he?

So in this article they point out how Carimi could be masked by playing in the interior. However he could be exploited by his size by the likes of Raji and Wilfork. My question, how does that translate if he is used in pulling situations? What about the thougt of an RB running behind a guard who is 6'7" and shields his view from defenders? Or how does it matter if he has a center on one side and a tackle on the other where he can try to deflect his opponent? I realize he might have more issues with this as that was some of the problems he exhibited while at tackle.

Bottom line, I agree that he needs to be given more time. He's recovering from a pretty good injury and doesn't appear to have completely recovered just yet.

New GM's don't get jobs because the team is solid top to bottom!

Here's hoping Emery can beef up our O line, nab a LB prospect, and maybe a TE, FB or WR contributor...

I competely agree with your concerns, but truly believe an off season to regain old form will be a bonus for him. Emery has his work cut out doesn't he?