Sources: Tillman has chipped bone in foot

Guest TerraTor

Sounds painful. It's really beginning to feel like this won't be our year again. We got through most of the season relatively injury free, which is something that usually has to happen if you want any chance at winning a Superbowl, Green bay not withstanding, and in one week, we are already depleted at several crucial positions. Losing Lance Louis, our best offensive lineman, is going to hurt. Tillman now having to play through a chipped bone in his foot? He might not be the same the rest of the season until it get fixed. Losing Alshon Jeffery is another big blow. And then we don't know how serious Briggs and Forte's injuries are either..

You need a little luck to win a Superbowl, and for a while, the Bears looked like they were on that path until this past week. Lets hope the guys are able to come back and play through whatever is ailing them, and their performance doesn't suffer. We can't afford to lose any more players to season ending injuries.

Guest TerraTor
Sounds painful. It's really beginning to feel like this won't be our year again. We got through most of the season relatively injury free, which is something that usually has to happen if you want any chance at winning a Superbowl, Green bay not withstanding, and in one week, we are already depleted at several crucial positions. Losing Lance Louis, our best offensive lineman, is going to hurt. Tillman now having to play through a chipped bone in his foot? He might not be the same the rest of the season until it get fixed. Losing Alshon Jeffery is another big blow. And then we don't know how serious Briggs and Forte's injuries are either..

You need a little luck to win a Superbowl, and for a while, the Bears looked like they were on that path until this past week. Lets hope the guys that are able to come back and play through whatever is ailing them, and their performance doesn't suffer. We can't afford to lose any more players to season ending injuries.

I was thinkin same thing. Losing Matty kills the Offense in my opinion. And Briggs is unreplaceable

You need a little luck to win a Superbowl, and for a while, the Bears looked like they were on that path until this past week. Lets hope the guys are able to come back and play through whatever is ailing them, and their performance doesn't suffer. We can't afford to lose any more players to season ending injuries.

I meant to bring this up earlier. How about the luck Alshon has had this year. Breaks a bone while catching a TD pass, kind of a freak play. Sits out 4 weeks and comes back and hurts his knee. Man can he catch a break!!!

I was thinkin same thing. Losing Matty kills the Offense in my opinion. And Briggs is unreplaceable

If I may, I don't see Matty's loss being all that influentianal. He really hasn't done much. With the line work and his slow attacking the holes, he has just appeared avearge so far. We were just discussing how the loss of Clutts makes a world of difference for Forte. At least it appears that way. Beyond that, Matt might benefit from having more short passes thrown his way. ???

But currently, of the two, Bush looks to be having a better season....overall.

If I may, I don't see Matty's loss being all that influentianal. He really hasn't done much. With the line work and his slow attacking the holes, he has just appeared avearge so far. We were just discussing how the loss of Clutts makes a world of difference for Forte. At least it appears that way. Beyond that, Matt might benefit from having more short passes thrown his way. ???

But currently, of the two, Bush looks to be having a better season....overall.

I'm not sure I agree with your assesment on both backs.Forte has 683 yards to Bush's 386. The only difference is that Bush has had more scoring opportunites in the redzone which Forte can't control. Neither IMO have had the impact that I thought they would and play calling has a lot to do with it. My only problem with Forte is he tends to take himself out of games when the Bears are on a long drive too much. Bush OTOH seems to have a ball security problems with less touches than Forte.

I'm not sure I agree with your assesment on both backs.Forte has 683 yards to Bush's 386. The only difference is that Bush has had more scoring opportunites in the redzone which Forte can't control. Neither IMO have had the impact that I thought they would and play calling has a lot to do with it. My only problem with Forte is he tends to take himself out of games when the Bears are on a long drive too much. Bush OTOH seems to have a ball security problems with less touches than Forte.

Dont get me wrong, I too think that neither is doing all that particularly well...as initially hoped. But of the two I would be interested in seeing eacho backs YPC as it just looks like Bush gets more when he runs. And I would expect Forte's overall yardage to be higher given he is the "feature back". What I think is hurting him, besides the slow reaction to North/South running (and what you mentioned) is they aren't running pass plays to him as much. That is one of his stronger (sorry for the pun) fortes.