We made some roster moves

Wesson44

The Chicago Bears signed guard/center Andre Gurode on Tuesday after waiving defensive tackle Amobi Okoye, the team announced.

The Bears lost guard Lance Louis for the season with a knee injury after a hit from the Minnesota Vikings' Jared Allen on Sunday.

The Bears also signed offensive lineman Derek Dennis and receiver Dale Moss to the practice squad.

The Bears also worked out linebacker Aaron Curry

when did Gurode last play Guard?

Looks like 2005 (according to Wikipedia - below). Bill Parcells thougth he (Gurode) would be better at Guard...then realized the errors of his ways. Hmmmm...this could prove to be an issue. Perhaps Garza could go back to Guard? The one memory that sticks out about Gurode was when Albert Haynesworth stomped his head. Hopefully it won't recur with a meeting of Suh. He likes to do crap like that.

I'm a fan of this type of move (signing proven veteran OLmen). But unfortunately at the expense of Okoye.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Andre_Gurode

Guest TerraTor
Looks like 2005 (according to Wikipedia - below). Bill Parcells thougth he (Gurode) would be better at Guard...then realized the errors of his ways. Hmmmm...this could prove to be an issue. Perhaps Garza could go back to Guard? The one memory that sticks out about Gurode was when Albert Haynesworth stomped his head. Hopefully it won't recur with a meeting of Suh. He likes to do crap like that.

I'm a fan of this type of move (signing proven veteran OLmen). But unfortunately at the expense of Okoye.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Andre_Gurode

Well Okoye was just about useless, but I cant argue with signing this guy.

I like this signing. Gurode says he's been working out 5 days a week all season waiting for a shot. Of course that's not game shape but it does show his professionalism. Can't see him being worse than E. Williams. If it means Gurode plays C while Garza moves back to RG that's ok by me.

I like the move as well, as a stop-gap.

If he ends up going to C, and Garza moves to G, then I'd wonder WhyTF Lovie and crew didn't make the move when Spencer was signed. After all, Spencer was explicitly signed to be the replacement for Kreutz. Enough of this switcheroo BS. Put the players in the positions they have played and are familiar with.

Enough of this switcheroo BS. Put the players in the positions they have played and are familiar with.

Amen! While I admire Lovie and Co's optimism regarding players and their abilities, there seem to be a bit of arogance that goes with it. Do they really continually think they know something the rest of the NFL world doesn't?

• 2 weeks later...