Seahawks @ Bears, 12/2/12

balta1701-A

They probably won't beat both Minnesota and Detroit twice, I have no faith in them to win a game against the Packers, which means a loss against the Arizona Cardinals could mean the difference between making or missing the playoffs. Either way I still believe this team isn't good enough to win a playoff game. Too one dimensional, and the defense is easy to exploit.

Yep. they just don't finish off teams. Let them linger around, piss out little drives that get no points and ten the d just bends, bends and then breaks.

Injuries are going to exact a toll as well.

With the lack of offensive production and the giving spirit of the D, that may be tough.

Lack of offensive production? On the year, yes, but today, they scored more points than Seattle gives up on average.

If Bennett catches the ball and Lovie kicks a FG, the game is a blowout.

Yep. they just don't finish off teams. Let them linger around, piss out little drives that get no points and ten the d just bends, bends and then breaks.

Besides Seattle, who did they not "finish off" this year? They were 21-1 since 2010 before today when leading at the end of the 3rd.

Sad but true.

This is almost a game of health. And we are losing that. On the O line, in the secodnary, etc...

I see us splitting between MIN and DET. Their season's are over. But they would love nothing else than to end ours. So they will be playing loose with nothing to lose. Where we will agin be playing tight with everything to lose. We will lose to GB. Until I see us beat them, logic dictates that they will win. We will beat AZ. Question is, will 2-2 be good enough? 10-6? That puts SEA really close...and they win the tie breaker. We just may squeak in.

But with injuries and poor coaching, Cutler & marshall's heroic may not be enough...

We are the best of the mediocre teams. But we can't beat anyone truly good... Until we do, we have to assume we can't.

Sad but true.

This is almost a game of health. And we are losing that. On the O line, in the secodnary, etc...

I see us splitting between MIN and DET. Their season's are over. But they would love nothing else than to end ours. So they will be playing loose with nothing to lose. Where we will agin be playing tight with everything to lose. We will lose to GB. Until I see us beat them, logic dictates that they will win. We will beat AZ. Question is, will 2-2 be good enough? 10-6? That puts SEA really close...and they win the tie breaker. We just may squeak in.

But with injuries and poor coaching, Cutler & marshall's heroic may not be enough...

We are the best of the mediocre teams. But we can't beat anyone truly good... Until we do, we have to assume we can't.

10-6 will get us in as a wild card team. We need to find a way to beat G.B. to win the division.

Peace :dabears

Lack of offensive production? On the year, yes, but today, they scored more points than Seattle gives up on average.

"If Bennett catches the ball and Lovie kicks a FG, the game is a blowout."

"Besides Seattle, who did they not "finish off" this year? They were 21-1 since 2010 before today when leading at the end of the 3rd.

Who cares, Seattle STILL outscored us. We did not finish off drives, put the points upon the board when we had the opportunities and that allowed Seattle to stay close and ultimately pullout the victory.

Gotta say, though, that Cutler looked good, but we should have put up more than 17.

Numbers are nice, but if you fell good about the team's ability to play deep into the playoffs after the last 4 games, then I disagree with you. If I recall, we've had quite a few close games this year, not because the other teams were good, but because we couldn't pull away.

We just may squeak in.

Yep, but not a good outlook for going all the way. 4 more games and I really don't feel that good about where the team is headed.

The D is slipping. When they don't get the turnovers we lose. The can't shutdown anyone with the bend-don't-break crap.

10-6 will get us in as a wild card team. We need to find a way to beat G.B. to win the division.

The Puckers have Lovie's number. He and his D scheme is a joke to them since they ran over us in the championship game 2010. Lovie came in say beating G.B. was top priority. He's slipping andi'm not sure that he can right the ship with his outdated D.

Besides Seattle, who did they not "finish off" this year? They were 21-1 since 2010 before today when leading at the end of the 3rd.

I believe the reference was to Lovie Smith's patented "get a 10 point lead at any point in the game and immediately call off the dogs while playing a semi-prevent the rest of the game"-strategy.

And, despite making the playoffs, that will probably be a disappointment because it will save Lovie while simultaneously get the team most likely hammered in the first round.

Other than AZ, I see all games as a struggle.

DET & MIN can salvage their seasons by ruining ours. And now they can play with abandon. GB will beat us regardless.

Yep, but not a good outlook for going all the way. 4 more games and I really don't feel that good about where the team is headed.

The D is slipping. When they don't get the turnovers we lose. The can't shutdown anyone with the bend-don't-break crap.

And, despite making the playoffs, that will probably be a disappointment because it will save Lovie while simultaneously get the team most likely hammered in the first round.

I'm sure this is what Giants fans said going into the playoffs both times they won the Super Bowl. I'm not saying this will be the case, but everyones' tunes will change if the Bears win out.

I'm not sure what you've been talking about. First, you say they don't finish anyone off, to which I say they've only lost twice since 2010 when leading after 45 minutes, to which you say "they didn't finish this one off." You said "anyone," not "week 13 of the 2012 season."

Now, you say "they can't shut anyone down with this D," when they're in the top 5 in ppg allowed this year and have given up an average QB rating of 70.

The Puckers have Lovie's number. He and his D scheme is a joke to them since they ran over us in the championship game 2010. Lovie came in say beating G.B. was top priority. He's slipping andi'm not sure that he can right the ship with his outdated D.

And now, you're claiming GB thinks the Bears' D is a joke, when they only gave up 16 offensive points 11 weeks ago to Green Bay.

I'm sure this is what Giants fans said going into the playoffs both times they won the Super Bowl. I'm not saying this will be the case, but everyones' tunes will change if the Bears win out.

I'm not sure what you've been talking about. First, you say they don't finish anyone off, to which I say they've only lost twice since 2010 when leading after 45 minutes, to which you say "they didn't finish this one off." You said "anyone," not "week 13 of the 2012 season."

Now, you say "they can't shut anyone down with this D," when they're in the top 5 in ppg allowed this year and have given up an average QB rating of 70.

And now, you're claiming GB thinks the Bears' D is a joke, when they only gave up 16 offensive points 11 weeks ago to Green Bay.

I can reply to my quote easily by saying I agree with what you've said. But you and I both know the Bears aren't the Giants, and we possess neither the offensive firepower (i.e. Manning and those WRs) nor the defensive firepower (i.e. their DL) that can get hot and absolutely destroy teams, regardless of matchup, for a stretch of playoff games.

As for the "shut anyone down" stuff, I still think you're missing the point. The Bears don't stomp on people. When they have the lead they may hold on - and even a Lovie-hater like myself has to admit that he holds on more than most - the simple fact is that his scheme allows opponents to stick around and make a game of it. We very rarely see a game like the Titans game this year when they step on the gas pedal and never let up. Normally Lovie sees anything equal to or greater than a touchdown lead and drastically alters gameplan.

Unfortunately, Brian, we lost this game because our D gave up two long drives and our O did not put up enough points. And lets face it, if the Puckers are in our way again in the playoffs we are going to be pissed. I do believe that team from GB has beaten us a few times recently, including a championship game played at Soldier field. ANY loss to that team is a sore spot.

Hell, I'm just pissed we let this one get away when we should have bagged it. All I'm saying. By the way, we've had a few victories this season that were closer than they should have been.

Still, we're 8-4 and I'll take that. But do I fell flushed with joy? No. We haven't been as dominant as I'd have wanted. Again, 8-4 and they control what happens, all they got to do is win.

As for the "shut anyone down" stuff, I still think you're missing the point. The Bears don't stomp on people. When they have the lead they may hold on - and even a Lovie-hater like myself has to admit that he holds on more than most - the simple fact is that his scheme allows opponents to stick around and make a game of it. We very rarely see a game like the Titans game this year when they step on the gas pedal and never let up. Normally Lovie sees anything equal to or greater than a touchdown lead and drastically alters gameplan.

Of course, since I'm still a member of the Lovie bandwagon I'll add this... Bears vs Colts: 41-21; Bears vs Rams (who beat SF by the way - think someone figured out Kaepernick): 23-6; Bears vs Cowboys: 34-18 (in Dallas I might add); Bears vs Jags: 41-3; The aforementioned Bears vs Titans: 51-20; and just last week 28-10 over Minnesota. I don't think these scores indicate letting anyone "stay around".

That being said, my optimism is waning. Just a little. My thought is simply, (and referring to the footnote of my posts) the team will produce what it is capable of doing. Will Lovie take the "blame" he professed yesterday to heart? Will the team react in kind? These remaining games will be telling. If they win more than lose it will be interesting. If not....

Of course, since I'm still a member of the Lovie bandwagon I'll add this... Bears vs Colts: 41-21; Bears vs Rams (who beat SF by the way - think someone figured out Kaepernick): 23-6; Bears vs Cowboys: 34-18 (in Dallas I might add); Bears vs Jags: 41-3; The aforementioned Bears vs Titans: 51-20; and just last week 28-10 over Minnesota. I don't think these scores indicate letting anyone "stay around".

That being said, my optimism is waning. Just a little. My thought is simply, (and referring to the footnote of my posts) the team will produce what it is capable of doing. Will Lovie take the "blame" he professed yesterday to heart? Will the team react in kind? These remaining games will be telling. If they win more than lose it will be interesting. If not....

Okay then. Mark it up to me just thinking this team could, and should be better. 8-4 is a great record, no doubt, but I too want us to win. Our last 3 games we are 1-2 and injuries are starting to mount on the D.

Okay then. Mark it up to me just thinking this team could, and should be better. 8-4 is a great record, no doubt, but I too want us to win. Our last 3 games we are 1-2 and injuries are starting to mount on the D.

When you take out some defensive touch downs, the offensive storing in a lot of games are pretty low. That's not even counting field goals where a turn over put them in position for it.

Green Bay 10 Points

St. Louis 16 points

Dallas 20 Points

Detroit 13 Points

Carolina 16 Points

Houston 6 Points

San Fran 7 Points

Seattle 17

What I find interesting is the Bears are 3rd from last in total yards, but 3rd over all in time of possession.

Totally understand. Many folks thought that now Cutler has what he needs in WR, this would be an overly exciting year. But I'm one who doesn't like all the hoopla associated with predictions of bliss. Hence why I'm not a fan of power rankings. Ask Atlanta what it's like to "rule the roost" in the regular season, only to stink it up in the playoffs. Or even SF for last year for that matter.

If the Bears make the playoffs, I wouldn't necessarily write them off. They have a good number of players that have been there before. Trouble is, will who the team needs be there? Like you said, injuries are indeed beginning to mount. And Cutler is one scramble away from being out again. (anyone else cringe on the slider and forward dive he took on a couple plays?).