That loss is on the D and coaches

madlithuanian

So he didn't make the first down. A great D made a great play, and it didn't help that the Bears' OL sucks. Had Lovie taken the easy 3 points, that game still likely goes to OT, as Tate's TD would've tied it at 17 and the Bears probably take a knee with 21 seconds left at their own 14.

But here's my issue and I'd like to know why it hasn't been talked about more: Earl Bennett dropped an EASY, and I mean EASY, touchdown pass. He had Browner (IIRC) beaten by 5 yards and the ball hit him right in his hands. It couldn't have been a better throw. If he catches that and Bush gets stuffed, it's 14-0 and the game is most likely over.

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

But here's my issue and I'd like to know why it hasn't been talked about more: Earl Bennett dropped an EASY, and I mean EASY, touchdown pass. He had Browner (IIRC) beaten by 5 yards and the ball hit him right in his hands. It couldn't have been a better throw. If he catches that and Bush gets stuffed, it's 14-0 and the game is most likely over.

Because it's not an issue. Bennett choked, so what? He's notably one of the most reliable recievers in the NFL. He's officially dropped 2 less than Marshall this year.

OTOH, the 4th and 1 is on coaching. You run a shitty OL into a good D. Take points off the board for a D that is very opportunistic with a lead. Give the opposition hope and lose a game that should have been won. Lovie and Tice are guilty of being fans.

Because it's not an issue. Bennett choked, so what? He's notably one of the most reliable recievers in the NFL. He's officially dropped 2 less than Marshall this year.

OTOH, the 4th and 1 is on coaching. You run a shitty OL into a good D. Take points off the board for a D that is very opportunistic with a lead. Give the opposition hope and lose a game that should have been won. Lovie and Tice are guilty of being fans.

Trust me, I'm 100% with the fact that Lovie should've taken the 3, but what do you mean, "so what?" So what? Then "so what" Bush got stopped. Typically, when a ball is right in the WR's hands, he catches it. He's just as much at fault as Lovie is. If catches that, nobody gives a damn about a 4th and inches play in the 1st half.

And FWIW, Marshall has been targeted about 90 more times than Bennett. There's a reason he has a few drops.

Trust me, I'm 100% with the fact that Lovie should've taken the 3, but what do you mean, "so what?" So what? Then "so what" Bush got stopped. Typically, when a ball is right in the WR's hands, he catches it. He's just as much at fault as Lovie is. If catches that, nobody gives a damn about a 4th and inches play in the 1st half.

And FWIW, Marshall has been targeted about 90 more times than Bennett. There's a reason he has a few drops.

We are differing on the roles of coaches and players. Bennett dropped the ball = he failed to execute. Before Bush got stuffed, Lovie dropped the ball. When a coach makes a mistake, there's the additional layer of failure.

BTW, Bennett has 1 drop vs 23 catches for a 4.3% drop rate. Marshall has 7 in 91 catches for a 7.7%. Bennett will get a pass from most fans.

We are differing on the roles of coaches and players. Bennett dropped the ball = he failed to execute. Before Bush got stuffed, Lovie dropped the ball. When a coach makes a mistake, there's the additional layer of failure.

BTW, Bennett has 1 drop vs 23 catches for a 4.3% drop rate. Marshall has 7 in 91 catches for a 7.7%. Bennett will get a pass from most fans.

Bennett gets a pass from me, cause he was most likely concussed at that point. Looking back into the sun concussed probably makes it harder to catch.

Either way, that was last week. We all said our sides, let's hope for a good win tomorrow and a no one getting hurt on the team this week. The injuries sure have been piling up.

Bennett gets a pass from me, cause he was most likely concussed at that point. Looking back into the sun concussed probably makes it harder to catch.

Either way, that was last week. We all said our sides, let's hope for a good win tomorrow and a no one getting hurt on the team this week. The injuries sure have been piling up.

On that play, Bennett falls and hits his head and then the defender comes and shoves his head back into the ground. If I had a guess, I'd say the concussion happened after the drop.

On that play, Bennett falls and hits his head and then the defender comes and shoves his head back into the ground. If I had a guess, I'd say the concussion happened after the drop.

It may have been. I didn't rewatch the game, but I heard cutler say it may have been when Bennett got flipped and the signs didn't show up till later.