Depth at WR is VERY thin

jason

So, Hester and Bennett are out with concussions. Alshon has a knee problem, which followed a hand problem. That leaves the Bears with Marshall, Dane, Weems...which really means, Marshall. So, what are his thoughts?

Brandon Marshall's thoughts

I would not mind seeing Mike Sims-Walker on this team one bit. He comes in, proves himself, and next year he probably beats out one of the other WRs for a #3 or #4 role. Win-win

So, Hester and Bennett are out with concussions. Alshon has a knee problem, which followed a hand problem. That leaves the Bears with Marshall, Dane, Weems...which really means, Marshall. So, what are his thoughts?

Brandon Marshall's thoughts

I would not mind seeing Mike Sims-Walker on this team one bit. He comes in, proves himself, and next year he probably beats out one of the other WRs for a #3 or #4 role. Win-win

Hester and Alshon mostly likely come back this week. I don't see him, given it is week 14, beating out either at this point.

Peace :dabears

Hester and Alshon mostly likely come back this week. I don't see him, given it is week 14, beating out either at this point.

Why not buy insurance? He may not beat them out at the end of this year, but he'd almost certainly beat out Hester in training camp next year.

Why not buy insurance? He may not beat them out at the end of this year, but he'd almost certainly beat out Hester in training camp next year.

Hester will not be on the team next year unless he agrees to a contract at a much lower rate than he currently has and even then I wonder about bringing him back.

Who do they cut to make room - Weems or Sanz?

Why hasn't he been signed by any other team?

Hester will not be on the team next year unless he agrees to a contract at a much lower rate than he currently has and even then I wonder about bringing him back.

Who do they cut to make room - Weems or Sanz?

Why hasn't he been signed by any other team?

Who do they cut? Easy. Sanz. Weems has much more upside, a bigger contract, and can produce considerably more on ST.

Why hasn't he been signed by any other team? Probably because he officially on IR until yesterday.

Who do they cut? Easy. Sanz. Weems has much more upside, a bigger contract, and can produce considerably more on ST.

Why hasn't he been signed by any other team? Probably because he officially on IR until yesterday.

I'm asking because I don't know the answer - How can you be on IR if you are not under contract with a team?

I'm asking because I don't know the answer - How can you be on IR if you are not under contract with a team?

I think this year allows a team to put a guy on IR, but if that guy gets healthy during the season, they can release him from the team without penalty and to open up another IR spot. It happened with Nate Kaeding this year as well.

http://www.utsandiego.com/news/2012/oct/30...ical-be-waived/

I doubt Sims Walker would make much of an impact and long-term he isn't an answer. Bears have to hope Alshon develops as they don't have anyone else on the roster capable of being a #2. Bennett has taken major steps back this year (not sure why but he isn't getting targets and I'm assuming its because he's not open) while Hester is what he is (and he's not going to be a Bear at the end of the year).

If they're going to bring in another receiver, it should be Joe Anderson. He looked good in pre-season and I thought he should have been on the roster instead of Sanzenbacher. I'd say give him an opportunity.

Jeffery should be back though, I'm assuming, if he was working out before the game last week, he'll be ready to play on Sunday. Now he needs to just stay on the field once he's there.

I think this year allows a team to put a guy on IR, but if that guy gets healthy during the season, they can release him from the team without penalty and to open up another IR spot. It happened with Nate Kaeding this year as well.

http://www.utsandiego.com/news/2012/oct/30...ical-be-waived/

Thanks for the explanation.

Let Hester walk after the year and draft a fast WR in round 5 or 6.

Marshall

Jeffery

Bennett

DRAFT PICK

Weems

Sanzenbacher

Sign Jared Cook for a TE and Jake Long as a LT. Webb and Carimi battle for the RT job. Draft a OG with the 2nd or 4th round picks.

Cutler then has his big, athletic TE + a quick WR to take some pressure off of the top 3 guys. Cutler, Cook, Marshall, Jeffery, Bennett, Long, and Forte can be great.

& we still have Knoz for 1 more year if he can play

Knox is a UFA after the year, unless the Bears want to exercise a new provision in the CBA where they can bring back a guy on his rookie deal who spent the last year on that contract on the PUP list. I believe it's just over $1M if they choose to do so.

Knox is a UFA after the year, unless the Bears want to exercise a new provision in the CBA where they can bring back a guy on his rookie deal who spent the last year on that contract on the PUP list. I believe it's just over $1M if they choose to do so.

I would think they would give Knox that opportunity. It was said he was close before the PUP was up. I think they put him on the ir to make sure he was 100%

I would think they would give Knox that opportunity. It was said he was close before the PUP was up. I think they put him on the ir to make sure he was 100%

If not, I wouldn't mind giving Titus Young a try. I know he was a complete assclown in Detroit, but maybe like the rest of the country, he's sick of Jim Schwartz being the biggest d-bag in football.

He's got great speed. If he's a tool here, cut him.

If not, I wouldn't mind giving Titus Young a try. I know he was a complete assclown in Detroit, but maybe like the rest of the country, he's sick of Jim Schwartz being the biggest d-bag in football.

He's got great speed. If he's a tool here, cut him.

I'm totally not trying to disagree with you on everything, but... I read an article yesterday about how they had him on the Lions calender. It was talking about how he would line up in the wrong spots on purpose and run the wrong routes on purpose. That he was supposed to have surgery and Schwartz was like if he even shows up for that. He just sounds like too much of a dbag to even have a chance to be on the beloved. Hopefully Knox will get better and sign a one year deal here. I think he could thrive with not being the focus and lining up across from Marshall if he can ever get healthy.

The only thing Know was close to is 170lbs. He is nowhere close to being ready to play in the NFL. First he has to learn how to run again.