Jennings out for a while...

madlithuanian

Injuries are just mounting up. Oline down, wide receivers down, starting MLB down, Tillman slowed with ankle injury and now Jennings out for a while.

It's almost blasphemous to think about, but I wonder if this team would be better off just losing out, getting a new coach at the end of the year, getting new coordinators who know what they are doing (except Toub, keep him), and getting a better draft pick. But I suspect it will be a wild card, no real progress, and Lovie keeps his job. :(

With all the injuries I don't see how this team can sustain against the remaining schedule. AP will probably go for 200 yards, then Rodgers will likely torch the secondary, who knows what we'll get from Arizona (likely to be a breakout game for whoever plays QB for them, but the announcers will talk about him and not the Bears D), and then Detroit will likely put up close to 400yds passing.

I see 1-3 to close out the season. Without injuries it's probably 3-1.

It's almost blasphemous to think about, but I wonder if this team would be better off just losing out, getting a new coach at the end of the year, getting new coordinators who know what they are doing (except Toub, keep him), and getting a better draft pick. But I suspect it will be a wild card, no real progress, and Lovie keeps his job. :(

With all the injuries I don't see how this team can sustain against the remaining schedule. AP will probably go for 200 yards, then Rodgers will likely torch the secondary, who knows what we'll get from Arizona (likely to be a breakout game for whoever plays QB for them, but the announcers will talk about him and not the Bears D), and then Detroit will likely put up close to 400yds passing.

Jason, like me, a true blue Bear fan. Hoping for the best, but. . . . :bringit

Jason, like me, a true blue Bear fan. Hoping for the best, but. . . . :bringit

True blue fan huh....?? Well the Beaers know that their backs are up against the wall now and will come out swinging. With four games left and three of those against NFC North teams we will go 4-0.We need to win these last four to be NC North champs...beating the Vikings, Packers and Lions and the Cards too. I see it getting done.

True blue fan huh....?? Well the Beaers know that their backs are up against the wall now and will come out swinging. With four games left and three of those against NFC North teams we will go 4-0.We need to win these last four to be NC North champs...beating the Vikings, Packers and Lions and the Cards too. I see it getting done.

Kool aide? Got some for me?

True blue fan huh....?? Well the Bears know that their backs are up against the wall now and will come out swinging. With four games left and three of those against NFC North teams we will go 4-0.We need to win these last four to be NC North champs...beating the Vikings, Packers and Lions and the Cards too. I see it getting done.

I wish I could be that optimistic, but I've been a Bears fan far too long to believe it.

The most likely scenario is: win just enough to get a wild card, get a worse draft pick for it, get hammered in the playoffs, the players rally around Lovie because he's a softer/kinder coach, the media blames all Chicago woes on injuries, Lovie keeps his job, no major progress is made.

Yup. Deja vu all over again...

I wish I could be that optimistic, but I've been a Bears fan far too long to believe it.

The most likely scenario is: win just enough to get a wild card, get a worse draft pick for it, get hammered in the playoffs, the players rally around Lovie because he's a softer/kinder coach, the media blames all Chicago woes on injuries, Lovie keeps his job, no major progress is made.

It wouldn't matter, I don't think, if Lovie got the team to the NFC championship game (like he did a few years ago) at this point. Hell I'm not even sure that it would matter if he got the team to the Super Bowl...like he did a few years ago. I'm not even convinced it would matter if the team won the Super Bowl. Most would want him gone. Reminds me a lot of folks in NY when they wanted Coughlin gone a few times, but fortunately for them he didn't.

Frankly this talk of wishing for Lovie to go has gotten old. Almost each and every year of his tenure its been this way.

I sense Wesson feels similar frustration and I am more of the opinion that the TEAM will do what it is capable of. They will realize that they have nowhere to go but down and will do what they can to win. At this point, I think if they display a lackluster performance....despite all the injuries...that would be more telling of who will be leading the team next year than anything. At this point all the TEAM needs is an invite to the playoffs to prove the detractors wrong.

If the Bears can't beat the sorry Cardinals, bad Vikings, and/or the goofball-led Lions, Lovie then deserves to be canned.

Really, ya only see us beating Arizona? At worst we should go 2-2 at worst. Tomorrow has suddenly become a HUGE game. Win 7 we are most likely in, lose & it most likely comes down to beating Detroit last day of season

Really, ya only see us beating Arizona? At worst we should go 2-2 at worst. Tomorrow has suddenly become a HUGE game. Win 7 we are most likely in, lose & it most likely comes down to beating Detroit last day of season

Yep. Really. Yesterday didn't convince me otherwise.