Shopping on the mock boards

ASHKUM BEAR

It is early, but tonight I was looking through mocks. Today the Bears currently sit with the 24 pick, here is a route I can see them take. This of course is if they can keep Lovie on his remaining contract and resign Urlacher for 1 or 2 years. I'd also like to see them sign TE Jared Cook to replace Davis.

Round 1 - Eric Fisher OLT Central Michigan

Webb will be a free agent after 2013, it's time to end the experiment and draft a solid 1st round OLT talent. Carimi is the only OT with a contract beyond 2013.

Round 2 - Larry Warford OG Kentucky 6-3 340 powerful athletic guard, that could start day 1. With Louis/Spencer contracts expiring and Edwin Williams/Garza entering there final season the Bears need address guard soon.

Round 4 - Kwame Geathers DT 6-6 350

Melton may sign elsewhere, Collins had a one year contract, and Toeania is up next year. The Bears have a big need at DT

Round 5 - Sanders Commings CB Georgia 6-2 216 4.49 speed. Tillman and Jennings are signed through 2013 and Hayden/Moore expire after this season. Commings and Hardin might be the Bears version of Browner/Sherman in the future.

Round 6 - Ray Ray Armstrong SS/LB Faulkner University 6-4 220 4.59 speed. High ceiling and bad attitude. Left Miami due to off field issues. Bears take a shot at developing him into a LB or depth behind Major Wright who's contract is up after 2013.

It is early, but tonight I was looking through mocks. Today the Bears currently sit with the 24 pick, here is a route I can see them take. This of course is if they can keep Lovie on his remaining contract and resign Urlacher for 1 or 2 years. I'd also like to see them sign TE Jared Cook to replace Davis.

Round 1 - Eric Fisher OLT Central Michigan

Webb will be a free agent after 2013, it's time to end the experiment and draft a solid 1st round OLT talent. Carimi is the only OT with a contract beyond 2013.

Round 2 - Larry Warford OG Kentucky 6-3 340 powerful athletic guard, that could start day 1. With Louis/Spencer contracts expiring and Edwin Williams/Garza entering there final season the Bears need address guard soon.

Round 4 - Kwame Geathers DT 6-6 350

Melton may sign elsewhere, Collins had a one year contract, and Toeania is up next year. The Bears have a big need at DE

Round 5 - Sanders Commings CB Georgia 6-2 216 4.49 speed. Tillman and Jennings are signed through 2013 and Hayden/Moore expire after this season. Commings and Hardin might be the Bears version of Browner/Sherman in the future.

Round 6 - Ray Ray Armstrong SS/LB Faulkner University 6-4 220 4.59 speed. High ceiling and bad attitude. Left Miami due to off field issues. Bears take a shot at developing him into a LB or depth behind Major Wright who's contract is up after 2013.

I see what you did here, but you make it seem like Jennings, Hayden, Tillman, Wright, Toeaina, Melton, Collins, Louis, Spencer, Williams, Garza, and Webb will all be on other teams in 2014.

BTW, you claim they should draft Geathers but then say they need DE's when he is a DT.

Warford and Fisher would be a great top 2 picks, however, I'd rather see them sign Jake Long and use their 1st round pick to trade down and pick up an extra 3rd. With that, go OG-LB-TE and so on.

I see what you did here, but you make it seem like Jennings, Hayden, Tillman, Wright, Toeaina, Melton, Collins, Louis, Spencer, Williams, Garza, and Webb will all be on other teams in 2014.

BTW, you claim they should draft Geathers but then say they need DE's when he is a DT.

Warford and Fisher would be a great top 2 picks, however, I'd rather see them sign Jake Long and use their 1st round pick to trade down and pick up an extra 3rd. With that, go OG-LB-TE and so on.

It was meant to say DT, so I edited.

Those contract do expire, so we may decide to draft replacements. I would like to keep a few of those players like Urlacher, Melton, Louis this year. Next year, Wright, E Williams, Tillman, and Jennings would be nice. But I'm drafting to prepare for those days too.

It was meant to say DT, so I edited.

Those contract do expire, so we may decide to draft replacements. I would like to keep a few of those players like Urlacher, Melton, Louis this year. Next year, Wright, E Williams, Tillman, and Jennings would be nice. But I'm drafting to prepare for those days too.

You have to remember that Jennings is 28, Melton 26, Wright 24, Louis 27. Those are guys they have to keep. They can't let proven youth go and replace them with unproven youth.

I see what you mean as you're accounting for every possible scenario, but they have to keep all 4 of those guys. The only one I could see letting go is Wright if he continues to be a goof, as he still seems raw and had a horrific game against Seattle.

If they let Tillman and Urlacher go soon, I wouldn't blame them unless they're playing extremely well, as Tillman is now.

I guess all I'm saying is that I would make my mock draft after what will likely happen, instead of every single player leaving when their deal is up.

Example of my offseason:

Sign Jared Cook and Jake Long

Let Urlacher walk

Extend Louis and Melton

1. Alec Ogletree, ILB, Georgia

-Urlacher's replacement.

2. Larry Warford, OG, Kentucky

-Another SEC guy who was a 2nd team AA in the SEC

4. Mike Gillislee, RB, Florida

-Michael Bush isn't very good (4.1 ypc in 2010, 3.8 in 2011, 3.6 in 2012). Gillislee is a dynamic RB who's been good against good D's (140 vs FSU, 146 vs LSU, etc). Forget bruising RB's already.

5. Tyrann Mathieu, CB, LSU

-Once again, another SEC player who is a special player with the ball in his hands. He's too small to play CB but he'd be a good nickel with Moore being a UFA after 2012. Plus, they'll need a KR/PR.

6. Mario Benavides, C, Louisville

-Never too early to look ahead at Garza's replacement

7. Carson York, OT, Oregon

-OT depth

You have to remember that Jennings is 28, Melton 26, Wright 24, Louis 27. Those are guys they have to keep. They can't let proven youth go and replace them with unproven youth.

I see what you mean as you're accounting for every possible scenario, but they have to keep all 4 of those guys. The only one I could see letting go is Wright, as he still seems raw and had a horrific game against Seattle.

If they let Tillman and Urlacher go soon, I wouldn't blame them unless they're playing extremely well, as Tillman is now.

I guess all I'm saying is that I would make my mock draft after what will likely happen, not every single player leaving when their deal is up.

That is true, my main thought is we need oline. If we cannot get a Long (haha), Clady, or Albert in FA then we need to draft one. Fisher has the tools and should be in reach. Guard is another huge hole as we need two and with only E Williams set to return. Louis likely will resign but may not be ready at the start of the season with his knee. LB and TE are just as big, but I think Urlacher can limp one more season. Since we are drafting short handed, it will be hard to fill all the needs.

I see what you mean as you're accounting for every possible scenario, but they have to keep all 4 of those guys. The only one I could see letting go is Wright if he continues to be a goof, as he still seems raw and had a horrific game against Seattle.

I guess all I'm saying is that I would make my mock draft after what will likely happen, instead of every single player leaving when their deal is up.

Example of my offseason:

Let Urlacher walk

Extend Louis and Melton

-Urlacher's replacement.

-Michael Bush isn't very good (4.1 ypc in 2010, 3.8 in 2011, 3.6 in 2012). Gillislee is a dynamic RB who's been good against good D's.

-Once again, another SEC player who is a dynamic player with the ball in his hands. He's too small to play CB but he'd be a good nickel with Moore being a UFA after 2012.

-OT depth

Ogletree is one of my guys I would like to see also. Your draft is good, but I would say RB is the only position we have good depth at. Bush makes a good back up/goal line. He's been hurt the last couple of weeks, so I'm giving him the benefit so far. Best to use the slot for DT/DE rotation

Example of my offseason:

Let Urlacher walk

Extend Louis and Melton

-Urlacher's replacement.

-Michael Bush isn't very good (4.1 ypc in 2010, 3.8 in 2011, 3.6 in 2012). Gillislee is a dynamic RB who's been good against good D's (140 vs FSU, 146 vs LSU, etc). Forget bruising RB's already.

-Once again, another SEC player who is a special player with the ball in his hands. He's too small to play CB but he'd be a good nickel with Moore being a UFA after 2012. Plus, they'll need a KR/PR.

-OT depth

I like the idea of grabbing Mathieu, but I think he'll have to be grabbed in the third, maybe fourth. I just wish we would have taken the chance on another troubled player last year, then we wouldn't be having these "who replaces Urlacher" discussions as much.

Also, for the record, my dream draft would look very close to this:

1. Barrett Jones, OL, Bama

2. DJ Fluker, OL, Bama

4. Shane Skov, ILB, Stanford

5. Alec Lemon, WR, Syracuse

6. Michael Buchanan, DE, Illinois

7. Ryan Nassib, QB, Syracuse

I like the idea of grabbing Mathieu, but I think he'll have to be grabbed in the third, maybe fourth. I just wish we would have taken the chance on another troubled player last year, then we wouldn't be having these "who replaces Urlacher" discussions as much.

2. DJ Fluker, OL, Bama

Nassib and Buchanan will go in the 3rd and 4th.

Nassib and Buchanan will go in the 3rd and 4th.

I've read differing opinions on them. I believe Nassib will slip, but Buchanan could go earlier than I have him slotted because of his athleticism. However, his production dropped off this year since he didn't have NFL-level talent playing right next to him.

2. DJ Fluker, OL, Bama

I loved this Shane Skov pick before his injury- he was not the same lb after the acl injury