Gould IR'd

'TD'

Leg injury and kicker, and you are assuming we are making the postseason.

If you're the Bears you have to assume you're going to be in the playoffs. You always want to give your key players a chance to come back. The postseason is 4 weeks away. Hard to imagine he wouldn't be ready to go by then, unless of course, the injury is so severe that he needs to have surgery. You just don't see that many cases of calf injuries being season enders. Weird too, considering Gould said it wasn't really that bad.

If you're the Bears you have to assume you're going to be in the playoffs. You always want to give your key players a chance to come back. The postseason is 4 weeks away. Hard to imagine he wouldn't be ready to go by then, unless of course, the injury is so severe that he needs to have surgery. You just don't see that many cases of calf injuries being season enders.

New rule this year allows a team to take one player off of IR. Not saying I would use that on a kicker - just noting the rule.

Peace :dabears

If you're the Bears you have to assume you're going to be in the playoffs. You always want to give your key players a chance to come back. The postseason is 4 weeks away. Hard to imagine he wouldn't be ready to go by then, unless of course, the injury is so severe that he needs to have surgery. You just don't see that many cases of calf injuries being season enders. Weird too, considering Gould said it wasn't really that bad.

With all the other injuries, I guess it was not worth the roster spot.

Total dart throw here...but could the coaching regime be setting themselves more built-in excuses not to get canned? It's a stretch, but it's been amazing how Smith has dodged so many bullets...he's like a GI Joe cartoon character...bullets everywhere, and no one gets hit.

I think his code name is "Genius", "Slippery" or "Shipwreck"...we'll know soon...

So, he was able to kick a short FG on Sunday if they needed him, but 2 days later he goes on IR? Seems odd.

First reaction that I had when I saw this info a little while ago is that the organization is throwing in the towel on the season at this point. If Gould is really that injured, disclose to the fans what is happening versus living in secrecy. Disclosure is the best policy when the franchise continues to struggle collectively overall. So far Lovie Smith has had what four OCs in nine years, a couple different DCs as well and is still here? Jerry Angelo finally got his walking papers last season and I am not in a rush to get rid of Emery at this point as he has only had one season to mold this team to what he believes will be a successful solution to the situation. Three games left against two divisional foes plus a former Chicago based team does not look completely promising especially when the coaching staff seems to continue to be inept at preparation and taking into consideration that "Any team is able to win on any given Sunday" does not bode well. The sooner 2012 is over for this team and we move onto hopefully a better tomorrow the happier I will be. Do not allow injuries to cloud the judgment of who needs to go at this point. If I could afford it, I would have already bought www.fireloviesmith.com and probably a few more as well.

I hear ya.

It's said that David Kaplan on Comcast Tribune Live shows more passion than our staff...

First reaction that I had when I saw this info a little while ago is that the organization is throwing in the towel on the season at this point. If Gould is really that injured, disclose to the fans what is happening versus living in secrecy. Disclosure is the best policy when the franchise continues to struggle collectively overall. So far Lovie Smith has had what four OCs in nine years, a couple different DCs as well and is still here? Jerry Angelo finally got his walking papers last season and I am not in a rush to get rid of Emery at this point as he has only had one season to mold this team to what he believes will be a successful solution to the situation. Three games left against two divisional foes plus a former Chicago based team does not look completely promising especially when the coaching staff seems to continue to be inept at preparation and taking into consideration that "Any team is able to win on any given Sunday" does not bode well. The sooner 2012 is over for this team and we move onto hopefully a better tomorrow the happier I will be. Do not allow injuries to cloud the judgment of who needs to go at this point. If I could afford it, I would have already bought www.fireloviesmith.com and probably a few more as well.

I hear ya.

It's said that David Kaplan on Comcast Tribune Live shows more passion than our staff...

Who cares what passion Kap shows? I like him but he's a show host/reporter.

I don't care about passion. I care about winning. We've had this discussion several times before.

I guess, me. He's not a true reporter. He's an analyst. Talk show host. That show isn't just reporting facts, they are coming up with opinions, etc. So, unlike a true newscaster or sports reporter...he's allowed to show emotion. He's a fan. He readily admits it. Unlike a vast amount of other Chicago sports writers, talking heads...I like the guy.

And I see that even though we agreed to disagree...you still feel a need to disagree...

Fair enough...

For me, both come hand in hand. Passion does not necessarily mean crazy firey Ditka. Landry had passion. Dick Vermeil was a nice guy...but came off as very passionate. Smith comes off as a politician. I don't like it. That's just me.

I care about winning too. we haven't, so I'm ready to give the next guy a shot. (After this season is over...we need to see it play out first. I'm ready and willing to admit being wrong. But I doubt it...)

Who cares what passion Kap shows? I like him but he's a show host/reporter.

I don't care about passion. I care about winning. We've had this discussion several times before.

I guess, me. He's not a true reporter. He's an analyst. Talk show host. That show isn't just reporting facts, they are coming up with opinions, etc. So, unlike a true newscaster or sports reporter...he's allowed to show emotion. He's a fan. He readily admits it. Unlike a vast amount of other Chicago sports writers, talking heads...I like the guy.

And I see that even though we agreed to disagree...you still feel a need to disagree...

Fair enough...

For me, both come hand in hand. Passion does not necessarily mean crazy firey Ditka. Landry had passion. Dick Vermeil was a nice guy...but came off as very passionate. Smith comes off as a politician. I don't like it. That's just me.

I care about winning too. we haven't, so I'm ready to give the next guy a shot. (After this season is over...we need to see it play out first. I'm ready and willing to admit being wrong. But I doubt it...)

I know what you mean. I think the reason for a lot of Lovie hate also resonates from the way he answers questions about his team. Things like, "We like where we're at" following the loss to Minnesota just pisses me off. As does saying "Kellen Davis can do everything all the great TE's can do in this league", and the unforgettable "We believe Devin Hester is a #1 receiver." The sad part about those quotes is that I think he really believes what he says. How else could you explain how Hester and Davis keep getting opportunity after opportunity? Just speaks to his hideous track record of bad talent evaluation.

I hear ya.

I know what you mean. I think the reason for a lot of Lovie hate also resonates from the way he answers questions about his team. Things like, "We like where we're at" following the loss to Minnesota just pisses me off. As does saying "Kellen Davis can do everything all the great TE's can do in this league", and the unforgettable "We believe Devin Hester is a #1 receiver." The sad part about those quotes is that I think he really believes what he says. How else could you explain how Hester and Davis keep getting opportunity after opportunity? Just speaks to his hideous track record of bad talent evaluation.

Those quotes have nothing to do with passion. They are just quotes we all see as BS.

I am ready for Lovie to go. All the other scapegoats have been removed. Its time for him to take the fall.

Those quotes have nothing to do with passion. They are just quotes we all see as BS.

I am ready for Lovie to go. All the other scapegoats have been removed. Its time for him to take the fall.

I didn't say they did have anything to do with passion. I said some of the comments he makes give you more of a reason to hate him. He insults our intelligence.