and another reason to like Briggs more...

madlithuanian

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2012/...y-hes-an-idiot/

Lance Briggs on Jermichael Finley: He’s an idiot

Posted by Josh Alper on December 13, 2012, 1:36 PM EST

Reuters

Packers tight end Jermichael Finley’s thoughts on the absence of Bears linebacker Brian Urlacher have made their way to Chicago.

Finley said that he thought the Bears defense might be better off with Urlacher sidelined by a hamstring injury. Bears linebacker Lance Briggs made it abundantly clear that he doesn’t think much of Finley’s thoughts about the unit.

“He’s an idiot,” Briggs said, via Sean Jensen of the Chicago Sun-Times. “Just suit up and play ball. His comments aren’t going to change the outcome of the game, they’re not going to help him or anybody else play better. Doesn’t really matter.”

In an effort to lower any tensions before that happens, Finley took to Twitter Thursday.

“Urlacher is a hall of fame player and person. I meant no disrespect to him in previous comments, I was simply trying to explain that his replacement in the lineup is a good player as well,” Finley wrote.

Assuming Briggs’ assessment doesn’t get Finley a job with the Jets, the two men should run into each other during Sunday’s game between the teams. It should be a fun one.

Does anyone remember that play last year against Detroit, when Calvin Johnson ran a quick slant when the Bears were ahead by a few, and Briggs flat out leveled him? Yeah, I think that'd be cool to see on Sunday.

But again, was anything Finley said false? We've all said for awhile that Urlacher isn't the same player. It pains me to say because he was so good and he might go down as one of the greatest ever to not win a ring, but Finley is sort of right.

Does anyone remember that play last year against Detroit, when Calvin Johnson ran a quick slant when the Bears were ahead by a few, and Briggs flat out leveled him? Yeah, I think that'd be cool to see on Sunday.

But again, was anything Finley said false? We've all said for awhile that Urlacher isn't the same player. It pains me to say because he was so good and he might go down as one of the greatest ever to not win a ring, but Finley is sort of right.

True. Although I don't think we are a better team without Urlacher, because Nick Roach sucks as a MLB. He has definitely slowed down a great deal.

Exactly...

Saying we're better off with URL right now is just not correct. He's not what he was, but he's still better than anyone replacing him this season. next season, who knows...

True. Although I don't think we are a better team without Urlacher, because Nick Roach sucks as a MLB. He has definitely slowed down a great deal.