GoodBye

Guest TerraTor

22. This quote... "Realize what the score is, we lost to them again, but for us, yesterday’s game was a must game for the NFC North championship,” Smith said. “Besides that it wasn’t a must game as far as what can happen with our season. This week we’re to that must game, I mean the tournament has begun for us, so it’s about Arizona as soon as the players get a chance to watch the video. We have to find a way to get to 10-6 and see what happens.”

He doesn't even realize how important that GB game was. It WAS must win. Now we are NOT in control of our playoff destiny. We ARE dependant on winning out and losses by teams ahead of us. What an asshole...

He is an idiot, you just lost 2 straight games at home to division opponents, and a non-divisional game away is now important. We are technically out of the playoffs right now and even 10-6 does not guarantee us anything. The only thing saving our ass right now is we play 2 bad teams (ARZ and DET) where the other 8-6 teams have a tougher road.

MIN plays HOU and GB (these games are dependent on how many players the playoff teams sit)

WAS plays PHI and DAL (one team of WAS and DAL can finish no better than 9-7)

DAL plays NO and WAS (one team of WAS and DAL can finish no better than 9-7)

NYG plays BAL and PHI (Baltimore already clinched playoff spot)

Guest TerraTor
I'd fire Lovie tomorrow, promote Marinelli to HC and Bates to OC for the rest of the season and see what happens.

This mess of an offensive line goes beyond Jerry Angelo...Mike Tice and Lovie have vouched for this unit for years and they should lose their jobs over it.

Darryl Drake should also be fired immediately. He's claimed Hester to be a #1 WR for years and has stated he'd put his job on it....well don't the let the door hit you on the way out.

Marinelli.... 0-16 HA!

Wow, that really sums it up...

Yes it does sum it up nicely. Not all failure but a playoff capable team is the limit of Smith's capability. Teams that just scratch the surface of the playoffs are not capable of winning the Superbowl. We've never shown the ability to go out and match up with the heavy weights of the league, no matter who they are in each season. On the flip side his system won't bring you total failure either ala Detroit under Marinelli.

There's always just enough to tease you but never enough to satisfy.

Well said.

Yes it does sum it up nicely. Not all failure but a playoff capable team is the limit of Smith's capability. Teams that just scratch the surface of the playoffs are not capable of winning the Superbowl. We've never shown the ability to go out and match up with the heavy weights of the league, no matter who they are in each season. On the flip side his system won't bring you total failure either ala Detroit under Marinelli.

There's always just enough to tease you but never enough to satisfy.

I would be curious to see where the Bears offense ranked during its existence. But would be satisfied just to see how they stack up since '85. I did notice they have had 11 (not counting this year) winning seasons since then. That in and of itself is telling.

Being at practically every home game, I know for a fact that Cutler always goes over to his WR's and OL after a series. Of course, nobody sees this because FOX, CBS, ESPN, etc only shows him yelling or being by himself, but Cutler is either looking at pictures or talking to another teammate on offense. He also throws on the sideline if the opposing O has a long drive.

BTW, when has he ever blamed anyone but himself? He said postgame Sunday the throw to Hester was his fault. After every game that the offense sucks, he says "it starts with me."

Being at practically every home game, I know for a fact that Cutler always goes over to his WR's and OL after a series. Of course, nobody sees this because FOX, CBS, ESPN, etc only shows him yelling or being by himself, but Cutler is either looking at pictures or talking to another teammate on offense. He also throws on the sideline if the opposing O has a long drive.

BTW, when has he ever blamed anyone but himself? He said postgame Sunday the throw to Hester was his fault. After every game that the offense sucks, he says "it starts with me."

While Briggs and Urlacher are bashing the fans in the other corner has been Jay Cutler admitting: "We haven't given the fans much to cheer about".

I would be curious to see where the Bears offense ranked during its existence. But would be satisfied just to see how they stack up since '85. I did notice they have had 11 (not counting this year) winning seasons since then. That in and of itself is telling.

Scoring, Yards, Pass Yds, Rush Yds

2004, OC Terry Shea: 32, 32, 32, 25

2005, OC Ron Turner: 26, 29, 31, 8

2006, OC Ron Turner: 2, 15, 14, 15

2007, OC Ron Turner: 18, 27, 15, 30

2008, OC Ron Turner: 14, 26, 21, 24

2009, OC Ron Turner: 21, 17, 13, 23

2010, OC Mike Martz: 21, 30, 28, 22

2011, OC Mike Martz: 17, 24, 26, 9

2012, OC Mike Tice: 16, 29, 28, 12

D/ST scoring is included in the total, so you can start to lessen the scoring almost automatically. Not many teams have gotten the number of D/ST TDs the Bears have had...especially considering the first couple Hester years.

So that's 8/9 years of futility, and 1/9 years of catching lightning in a bottle.

Averages:

18th in scoring

25th in yards

23rd in passing yards

19th in rushing yards

Interesting tidbit: Aside from the Super Bowl year, look at which OC was responsible for the most rushing yards during Lovie's tenure.