Marshall calls out team in presser

Bears4Ever_34

He should. The poor execution is disgusting. Its time to clean house. And to be honest, Cutler has one more year and then its time for him to go too. At some point, shut up and play and produce when you need to. I realize he got screwed and lost yards and td's due to some awful officiating (Jeffrey got screwed) but whatever. He also missed some plays and made some bad reads (including the pick where Hester ran the wrong way; either way it was an awful read).

Bears need to throw the dough at Reid or Payton.

those are good choices. also throw the moon cowhers way and get him out of retirement. even as a defensive minded coach he surrounds himself with good coaching talent.

in my opinion if we had launched lovie and company 2 years ago and gone after shanny we would be sitting pretty well right now. we also missed the boat in my opinion on passing up on fisher.

whatever happens we need a change for the better and not some knucklehead with his first NFL job cause he works cheap.

He should. The poor execution is disgusting. Its time to clean house. And to be honest, Cutler has one more year and then its time for him to go too. At some point, shut up and play and produce when you need to. I realize he got screwed and lost yards and td's due to some awful officiating (Jeffrey got screwed) but whatever. He also missed some plays and made some bad reads (including the pick where Hester ran the wrong way; either way it was an awful read).

I don't remember which pre-game show it was, but one of the insiders said that the Saints and Sean Payton aren't close yet on a new contract agreement, and that he could end up looking at other options outside of just Dallas if they can't reach an agreement. I would be jumping for joy if the Bears landed some mega deal for one of the top coaches in this league. The second he steps in, the Bears are better on offense. They're a better team. I still think the chances are highly unlikely, but you never know. He's from the area. Grew up in Naperville Illinois-- maybe he would want to come back home.

As for Andy Reid. I think he would be a bad hire. I like the thought of bringing in a guy with an offensive mind, but not him. His teams over the past few seasons have been just as dysfunctional as Lovie Smith and his teams. The lack of preparedness, bad gameplanning etc.. I think what Reid needs the most is a recharge. He needs to go home and get away from football for a while.

The guys I've wanted start with Sean Payton, and then someone like Arians or Holmgren would be my top two choices after that. If none of those work out, I'd open up the possibility for whichever offensive coordinator from Carolina or San Francisco wants a job. I've softened on Gruden a little bit too. At first I said hell no, but I know he is a guy knows how to teach offense. He had no quarterback in Tampa Bay after Brad Johnson, who wasn't even that good himself. I'd give him some thought if you couldn't get anybody else.

He was double teamed almost the entire game and we no one else could get open, pitiful.

right now marshall is the best player on offense in both performance and attitude. NOBODY, with the possible exception of cutler, tries harder to move the chains than this guy. it's his attitude that he will not be stopped and fights for every inch on the field. we need about a half dozen more players like him.

right now marshall is the best player on offense in both performance and attitude. NOBODY, with the possible exception of cutler, tries harder to move the chains than this guy. it's his attitude that he will not be stopped and fights for every inch on the field. we need about a half dozen more players like him.

I will say this. This team has some playmakers. I like Forte, Marshall, and Jeffrey. On top of it, Cutler can make plays (he hasn't been great though; average at best). Need a good system and execution. TE, a speed wideout in the slot, and oline are huge priorities. On defense, got to get younger. Not many major need areas (other then LB and you can always get better dline/cb's).

Really I am disgusted because this team should be a playoff team and they should be able to win a playoff game. They have just been too stupid and I think the coaches have to be blamed for that. Arians would be a solid hire but I have a hard time hiring an inexperienced coach. I think this team could and should win and that means I want a coach that I know can do that.

Cowher is fine (but it won't happen; he wants to be GM). Payton and Reid are the next best choices.

If Lovie stays, I hope he hires Ron's brother, Norv, but we know that won't happen. I'd also be fine with Cam Cameron as an OC.

I agree with everything said except this. Everything Cut has gotten this year he's pretty much gotten on his own or by having Marshall bail him out.

Its tough to declare a definitive bad evaluation on a QB if everytime he plants his foot to throw he has to start running from defenders.

Cutler can play and the organization knows that.....but it may be the only thing they know.

I agree with everything said except this. Everything Cut has gotten this year he's pretty much gotten on his own or by having Marshall bail him out.

Its tough to declare a definitive bad evaluation on a QB if everytime he plants his foot to throw he has to start running from defenders.

Cutler can play and the organization knows that.....but it may be the only thing they know.

Cutler is an average QB at best. If the Bears are going to win, it's because they found a way to keep him from making the kind of mistakes he's making all the time right now.

You pound Rodgers, you sack him a half dozen times in a half, he'll still throw for 3 TD's if it's what it takes to beat you. You do the same thing to Cutler, he gets angry with the team around him, angry with the coordinators, misses throws, throws at least one ludicrous INT, and just cannot step up to carry the team.

Today would have been a great day to prove me wrong. He didn't. Cutler gets more excuses made for him than any other QB I can think of and I'm sure people will give me a bunch of them in reply. He's an average QB in a below average system, and he plays like it.

Cutler is an average QB at best. If the Bears are going to win, it's because they found a way to keep him from making the kind of mistakes he's making all the time right now.

You pound Rodgers, you sack him a half dozen times in a half, he'll still throw for 3 TD's if it's what it takes to beat you. You do the same thing to Cutler, he gets angry with the team around him, angry with the coordinators, misses throws, throws at least one ludicrous INT, and just cannot step up to carry the team.

Today would have been a great day to prove me wrong. He didn't. Cutler gets more excuses made for him than any other QB I can think of and I'm sure people will give me a bunch of them in reply. He's an average QB in a below average system, and he plays like it.

I have to agree, Rodgers was pressured as much as Cutler and still found a way to drop in some nice passes. Granted, he has a much deeper Receiving Corps, but Cutler didn't make any plays on his own. Cutler is a system QB, he is definitely average at best when he is not in a good system.

Look at Cutler this year. He has 1x 300 yard game, and 6 games with less than 200 yards passing (not including HOU when he was knocked out).

This is almost verbatim to what I said early in the season when we lost to them in week 2. Cutler panics. He doesn't set his feet, and often throws balls up for grabs when under duress, instead of doing what Aaron Rodgers is so damn good at. TAKING CARE OF THE BALL. Rodgers can get pounded all night from his horrid offensive line but still put up fine numbers, or at least do enough to give his team a chance to win. Right now, Cutler is a bum slayer. That's what he is. He's Carlos Boozer. I don't know if he will ever be the type of quarterback that can lead a team to the Superbowl. I frankly doubt it. I think you could even give him the best line in football and he'd still come up short in the postseason. He'd find a way to make a costly mistake that would have a major impact on the game. That's just the way I feel about him. I think he's a slightly above average quarterback that you should always be able to compete for the postseason with but not win championships. He hasn't done anything to make me change my opinion.

There is no way I'm giving him an extension when the franchise tag is available. And I don't think the Bears are considering this (Nor am I necessarily), but if there was a young quarterback worth trading up in the 1st round for you could probably trade your #1 pick along with Cutler to get that guy. Unfortunately this year would probably be a bad time to do it even if you wanted to. It's a bad draft for quarterbacks.

He cares. I love Marshall. Right now, he is with a doubt, a true Bear.

Just listened to it on the score. Said everyone on offense should be held accountable, even if it meant jobs. Said he's trying his hardest not to let this affect him, but it's affecting him more than it should. This could get ugly if we don't make the playoffs. He got so angry he had to leave the podium.

I've soured on Cutler...

His skill level and decision making reeks...

I don't know what the alternative is... Maybe just dangle as trade bait... I don't know. I fear that he's outlasted his time here.

Yuck.

Can we start a fan union? Boycott all Bears related product. Attend the game and buy nothing in the stadium? Hurt the owners and management in the wallet somehow w/o losing that fact that we love our team. I don't know...

I'm beyind a loss for words. I've passed being sad and angry...

You guys can say what you'd like about Cutler. All I know is that in his second year as a full time QB, he made the Pro Bowl. Did he light it up exactly, no, but it was his SECOND year. What did he have there? Weapons and an OL. I believe he was sacked 11 times in the 2008 season. ELEVEN. He'll be lucky to not get sacked 12 times in the next 2 games. I'm not saying he needs THAT great of an OL, but 40-60 times sacked each and every year? I'd like to see doctors do their jobs when they constantly have guys in their face. However, you're probably right that he won't be the Bears QB past 2013.

But again, where is the talent level?

All I read all offseason from you guys is how great Alshon Jeffery is. Where's that at? He can't get open without pushing off. When he does, he drops the ball. Right now, he's any good teams' #3 or #4. Remember when it was "well, they finally solved their WR issue." Oh, they did? With this slow ass?

Where is Hester? I said to trade him after the 2007 season. A dumbass franchise like the Raiders would've easily given the Bears a 1st for him. But what did I hear? "OMG, r u stupids?!?!?!1111 U cant trade a guy like Hester!!!!1111!!!" Since week 17 of the 2007 season, what does he have, 5 touchdowns on returns and 120 catches? Yippee. That's a great investment, because who needed to put that into a guy who could actually start on a high school OL.

Where is Bennett? Oh yeah, hurt AGAIN.

How about Weems? The only thing he can do is tackle on ST.

Forte? He might be averaging 4+ ypc this year, but you don't invest $8m/year in a 4.1/4.2 ypc RB. You draft one in the 2nd-4th round for $900,000/season who can do that same thing. Instead, you take that $8m/season and sign either a TE, OG, OT, C, or another WR.

Davis? He couldn't catch the bus or a cold. I'd be shocked if he was on any team next year- NFL, USFL, XFL, NCAA, AFL- whatever. NO team.

Spaeth? LOL.

Rodriguez? Please. They drafted this guy to play all over the field and he lines up and plays FB, which he does horribly.

His OL? Today, the Bears used FOUR guards. Not because of injury, because of the talent level. They used Spencer, Carimi, Williams, and Brown. How about the OT's? Matthews had 2 sacks and 4 TFL today. Scott was hurt as well.

I know Cutler probably isn't the QB we all thought he was. But maybe he would have been had the organization not screwed him with ONE playmaker in 4 seasons, signing and drafting back-up RB's, ST players, and DL to "help" the guy they traded 3 picks and a QB for.

Yeah, Rodgers got hit a lot today too, but he also didn't have his "young, big, and good" WR (or WR's in this case, since he, unlike Cutler, has more than one good receiver) pushing off 3 times.

You guys are right, as I said up above. Next season will probably be Cutler's last with the Bears. But in 2010 and 2011 when he wasn't being hit around, he was a good QB. I'm sure Emery wants his own QB and that works for me. I'll take anything to see this team win a ring, but christ, with what Emery did this offseason, how can I trust him to improve the roster?

You guys can say what you'd like about Cutler. All I know is that in his second year as a full time QB, he made the Pro Bowl. Did he light it up exactly, no, but it was his SECOND year. What did he have there? Weapons and an OL. I believe he was sacked 11 times in the 2008 season. ELEVEN. He'll be lucky to not get sacked 12 times in the next 2 games. I'm not saying he needs THAT great of an OL, but 40-60 times sacked each and every year? I'd like to see doctors do their jobs when they constantly have guys in their face. However, you're probably right that he won't be the Bears QB past 2013.

All I read all offseason from you guys is how great Alshon Jeffery is. Where's that at? He can't get open without pushing off. When he does, he drops the ball. Right now, he's any good teams' #3 or #4. Remember when it was "well, they finally solved their WR issue." Oh, they did? With this slow ass?

Where is Hester? I said to trade him after the 2007 season. A dumbass franchise like the Raiders would've easily given the Bears a 1st for him. But what did I hear? "OMG, r u stupids?!?!?!1111 U cant trade a guy like Hester!!!!1111!!!" Since week 17 of the 2007 season, what does he have, 5 touchdowns on returns and 120 catches? Yippee. That's a great investment, because who needed to put that into a guy who could actually start on a high school OL.

Forte? He might be averaging 4+ ypc this year, but you don't invest $8m/year in a 4.1/4.2 ypc RB. You draft one in the 2nd-4th round for $900,000/season who can do that same thing. Instead, you take that $8m/season and sign either a TE, OG, OT, C, or another WR.

Davis? He couldn't catch the bus or a cold. I'd be shocked if he was on any team next year- NFL, USFL, XFL, NCAA, AFL- whatever. NO team.

Spaeth? LOL.

Rodriguez? Please. They drafted this guy to play all over the field and he lines up and plays FB, which he does horribly.

His OL? Today, the Bears used FOUR guards. Not because of injury, because of the talent level. They used Spencer, Carimi, Williams, and Brown. How about the OT's? Matthews had 2 sacks and 4 TFL today. Scott was hurt as well.

I know Cutler probably isn't the QB we all thought he was. But maybe he would have been had the organization not screwed him with ONE playmaker in 4 seasons, signing and drafting back-up RB's, ST players, and DL to "help" the guy they traded 3 picks and a QB for.

Yeah, Rodgers got hit a lot today too, but he also didn't have his "young, big, and good" WR (or WR's in this case, since he, unlike Cutler, has more than one good receiver) pushing off 3 times.

You guys are right, as I said up above. Next season will probably be Cutler's last with the Bears. But in 2010 and 2011 when he wasn't being hit around, he was a good QB. I'm sure Emery wants his own QB and that works for me. I'll take anything to see this team win a ring, but christ, with what Emery did this offseason, how can I trust him to improve the roster?

I'm not sure what to think on Cutler. I would not sign him to an extension this offseason. I would wait until the 2013 offseason and make a decision then.

Jeffrey is a rookie. WRs usually take a couple of years to get it (yeah, there are exceptions). I am confident he will be much better next year.

The Bears lost today because the defense could not get off the field on third down and our offensive line is a dung heap.

Peace :dabears

I'm not sure what to think on Cutler. I would not sign him to an extension this offseason. I would wait until the 2013 offseason and make a decision then.

Jeffrey is a rookie. WRs usually take a couple of years to get it (yeah, there are exceptions). I am confident he will be much better next year.

The Bears lost today because the defense could not get off the field on third down and our offensive line is a dung heap.

The D gave up 14 points today (the other 7 was because of a 22 yard field for GB). If you were going to tell me prior to the game that they'd only give up 14, I would've taken it.

This game was on the offense. 13 points? 2nd and goal on the 1 and 3 points? Inexcusable from every one of them.

The D gave up 14 points today (the other 7 was because of a 22 yard field for GB). If you were going to tell me prior to the game that they'd only give up 14, I would've taken it.

This game was on the offense. 13 points? 2nd and goal on the 1 and 3 points? Inexcusable from every one of them.

They should have had 6 more points but their field goal kicker is crap. They were 7 for 17 on third down and converted 2 fourth down plays over 5 yards.

I said the o-line is junk. I think it was 2nd and goal at the 2 and 3rd and goal at the 1. I agree it was inexcusable.

They should have had 6 more points but their field goal kicker is crap. They were 7 for 17 on third down and converted 2 fourth down plays over 5 yards.

I said the o-line is junk. I think it was 2nd and goal at the 2 and 3rd and goal at the 1. I agree it was inexcusable.

+1

As always, it's a collective effort. Kelvin Hayden and DJ Moore were absolutely disgusting today in pass coverage. You were right to bring up the extra 6 points missed from the FG kicker, and probably a few more not attempted, thanks to his struggles, the defense does not get to be free from blame here.

That said, you still have to put up more than 13 points on the other side. Especially against a defense that's not really any good. Cutler still makes that one mistake far too often in big games. That throw to Hester is simply inexcusable. I don't care what route he was supposed to run, Cutler saw him, even pump faked once before releasing the ball, I guess expecting Hester to magically appear in front of Casey Hayward. He wasn't nearly as bad as he was in week 2, but then again, we only threw it 21 damn times all together, so he didn't have as many opportunities to throw more picks.

Which leads me to Matt Forte. As I mentioned in the game thread, He had 58 of his 69 rushing yards in the 1st half. 35 in the 1st quarter. Whether it was the Packers making adjustments, the Bears blocking worse as the game went on, Forte not running as good as he's capable of, or a mixture of everything, you can't be this inept in the run game. You just can't do it. It's a joke. There's a reason why he's not in on most goal line situations. What the hell is he doing all that god damn dancing for? HIT THE freakin HOLE! GET IN THE ENDZONE. That frustrated me more than anything in this game. Watching that garbage from the 1 yard line. This is what we paid him for? Please...

The offensive line had someone new in on seemingly every other snap I couldn't keep tracked. Carimi got benched. AGAIN. Doesn't speak much about his future. Jonathon Scott had a pretty good game. 2nd time he's been heads up on recovering a fumble. Still looked like the same old Bears offensive line though. Can't hold their blocks consistently enough each game. The last sack of the game was pretty hilarious though. Cutler took about 18 seconds to eventually fall down and not get rid of the ball against 2 people rushing. Perfect way to end such a predictable game. It was almost stereotypical Bears/Packers with Cutler at quarterback.

Spaeth? LOL.

Cutler gets more excuses made for him than any other QB I can think of and I'm sure people will give me a bunch of them in reply.

That QB who put up 4000 yards in his 2nd season just isn't there any more. Whether that's physical or mental, he's not. You might be able to rebuild him, but it's basically starting from the ground up.

Spaeth? LOL.

:cheers

Thank you. All the Rodgers vs. Cutler comparisons are ridiculous for a variety of reasons that have been stated over and over again. But let's not let that get in the way of everyone bashing Jay.

Do I like his attitude? No.

Do I like his frantic behavior under pressure? No.

Do I like his once a game horrible throw? No.

Is he the best QB the Bears have had since McMahon? Absolutely. And the Bears have done nearly nothing as an organization to maximize Cutler's talents. The OL, OC, HC, WR, TE have all been shit the entire time he's been here. And some on this board don't like the RB. So, tell me, which QB would do well in this offense? The answer is none. Some may do better, but I wonder if those guys last the season.

The offensive line had someone new in on seemingly every other snap I couldn't keep tracked. Carimi got benched. AGAIN. Doesn't speak much about his future. Jonathon Scott had a pretty good game. 2nd time he's been heads up on recovering a fumble. Still looked like the same old Bears offensive line though. Can't hold their blocks consistently enough each game. The last sack of the game was pretty hilarious though. Cutler took about 18 seconds to eventually fall down and not get rid of the ball against 2 people rushing. Perfect way to end such a predictable game. It was almost stereotypical Bears/Packers with Cutler at quarterback.

The thing that gets me about the final play is, Cutler should have had ten minutes to sit back there and wait on a WR to open up. Sure, the Packers were in prevent, and there is no way the play would have resulted in a TD, but five OLinemen against TWO FREAKING RUSHERS is just ridiculous. Those guys should have NEVER sniffed Cutler. They should have been getting pancaked all over the place. But the fact remains that 2 rushers beat the Bears' five OLinemen. For the math geniuses out there, 5-2=3. That's THREE extra blockers. Cutler should have been able to tie his shoe and pick his nose back there, much less look for an open WR (there were none, apparently).

To reiterate: 2

The thing that gets me about the final play is, Cutler should have had ten minutes to sit back there and wait on a WR to open up. Sure, the Packers were in prevent, and there is no way the play would have resulted in a TD, but five OLinemen against TWO FREAKING RUSHERS is just ridiculous. Those guys should have NEVER sniffed Cutler. They should have been getting pancaked all over the place. But the fact remains that 2 rushers beat the Bears' five OLinemen. For the math geniuses out there, 5-2=3. That's THREE extra blockers. Cutler should have been able to tie his shoe and pick his nose back there, much less look for an open WR (there were none, apparently).

The numbers tell the sad truth about this O. Without an oline there is no punching it in from 1 yard out and you have a QB with concussions and other injuries.

I hear you. But seriously-- Get rid of the ball, man..

That QB who put up 4000 yards in his 2nd season just isn't there any more. Whether that's physical or mental, he's not. You might be able to rebuild him, but it's basically starting from the ground up.

It's not physical, because he looks in great shape compared to 2008 and 2009.

So, it's probably mental. Wouldn't you also have lost some of your mind after *at least* 2 concussions, 2 knee injuries, a neck injury, and probably more? I mean, he was probably so used to not getting f***ing blasted every 8 dropbacks in Denver that now his mental clock is fried.

I know I know, "then he shouldn't have demanded a trade from the Broncos." At this point, he probably regrets it. He probably figured, as I did, that when an organization gives up two 1st round picks + a 3rd + a QB that they will do EVERYTHING they can to help you. Since then? They've drafted Webb and Carimi, moved Garza out of position, and signed Rachal and Spencer. Uhh..?

I hear you. But seriously-- Get rid of the ball, man..

1. He shouldn't have had to get rid of the ball when there are 3 more blockers than defenders.

2. Why should he get rid of the ball when it's one of the last two or three plays of the game and they're down a score? That would have been a horrible decision. He 100% should not have just gotten rid of the ball in that situation.